🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
Good for you. I do want to interject something. You are celebrating your windfall and citing democrats as liars as the tax cuts being,although anecdotal beneficial to you and not detrimental. There is a moral here. Democrats have a different outlook on what role government should take in your live. You say these tax cuts are good for you because it allows you to pay back student loans. I'm European, I pay way higher taxes then an American, conversely my college degree set me back about 20000 euro IN TOTAL. I funded it by working odd jobs when the academical year was done. In fact a student loan doesn't exist here. Funded by a HIGHER tax rate. My wife is American and I've seen how much her family, who are middle class comparatively struggle with my family which is in general blue collar. I wan't you to keep this in mind when touting the virtues of paying less taxes, with what in essence comes down to your children's money since it increases the debt.
Well that is true, the difference is we don't want the government in our lives. We would rather own our lives and not have to go to the govt. Even if it costs us more, but it's not all about efficiency and cost. We prefer more control. It's why we like driving here over public transportation. We'd rather be able to go where we want, when we want then to have to look up some train schedule.

Liberals are mostly faggot pussies who want government to be their mommy and tell them what to do and take care of them.

Provide these losers with cradle to grave government care. It’s what these useless fucks vote for and it’s what Dems give them.

Dems have run out of victims to exploit in the USA, so they are now importing illegal immigrants to vote Dem.

Well, that's were being an owner of a business sucks, at least in the measurement context described in the OP. One's "paychecks" have no such withholdings, so seeing the impact requires more effort than looking at a pay stub. C'est la vie....
That's why you'll see it in the quarter, and why you wont see the raises and benefits until then as well. It started on Jan 1, so it won't be until April 1 in a lot cases to see that stuff.
??? I'm not sure I follow you. Owners absolutely see the raises and benefit increases. They are the ones who confer them; thus they see them even before pay and benefit increase recipients do.
I agree with that. What I am saying is business wont see them until they pay taxes, which is usually quarterly. That's why these raises and benefits aren't deployed now, they have an idea and what they will do, but they have to have the money to implement them, which will be after they see their tax bill.
That may be how some business owners -- for example, folks owning lemonade stands erected at the end of their driveway -- administer/manage the bestowal of pay and benefit increases; however, I am suspicious of the notion that a material plurality of thriving businesses approach the matter thus. I haven't researched that particular practice, but I can assert that that approach is not the one used by any business with which I've had any visibility to its specific management practices and I can attest to the fact that the approach you described is not at all the one taught in any schools of business.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
Good for you. I do want to interject something. You are celebrating your windfall and citing democrats as liars as the tax cuts being,although anecdotal beneficial to you and not detrimental. There is a moral here. Democrats have a different outlook on what role government should take in your live. You say these tax cuts are good for you because it allows you to pay back student loans. I'm European, I pay way higher taxes then an American, conversely my college degree set me back about 20000 euro IN TOTAL. I funded it by working odd jobs when the academical year was done. In fact a student loan doesn't exist here. Funded by a HIGHER tax rate. My wife is American and I've seen how much her family, who are middle class comparatively struggle with my family which is in general blue collar. I wan't you to keep this in mind when touting the virtues of paying less taxes, with what in essence comes down to your children's money since it increases the debt.
Well that is true, the difference is we don't want the government in our lives. We would rather own our lives and not have to go to the govt. Even if it costs us more, but it's not all about efficiency and cost. We prefer more control. It's why we like driving here over public transportation. We'd rather be able to go where we want, when we want then to have to look up some train schedule.
What freedom of choice you imagine having that I don't?

Last edited:
That may be how some business owners -- for example, folks owning lemonade stands erected at the end of their driveway -- administer/manage the bestowal of pay and benefit increases; however, I am suspicious of the notion that a material plurality of thriving businesses approach the matter thus. I haven't researched that particular practice, but I can assert that that approach is not the one used by any business with which I've had any visibility to its specific management practices and I can attest to the fact that the approach you described is not at all the one taught in any schools of business.

Probably because any "business experience or knowledge" you have is fictional.

I've owned dozens of businesses. Some failed some succeeded. One or two succeeded spectacularly and allowed me to buy aircraft etc.
But these "taught" business models are usually a guarantee of failure and what NOT to do.

If the people teaching them know how to succeed, they wouldn't be in a classroom now would they?

To use your own words.
I'm willing to have the argument but you aren't exactly helping your side.

I refuse to argue with an abject moron.
My "side" is whoever is honest, has integrity and does what's best for my country.

I don't give a rats ass what you think.

Your claim that tax reductions increases the debt is enough.
What about government waste?
What about corruption?

GDP increases are stimulated by the motivation to produce.
Taxation removes that motivation.

My 5 year old grand daughter understand that.
What you refuse is to have is an honest conversation. I haven't been unemployed for more then a few days since I graduated. I work to pay my mortgage, to be able to let my wife visit her family yearly. To have a nice car. How is that different from you? You dismiss me because what I say doesn't fit what you believe, what people have told you your entire life, it has absolutely nothing to do with integrity and even less with truth.

Trump is a terrible businessman. Trump Inc did not really take off till the third reorganization and it became basically a holding company that leases the Trump name. But that took a long time and lots of wasted money, which is why in 30 years his net worth only grew 300%, which is beyond pathetic.

Donald Trump is very good at being a celebrity, and not so good making business decisions.

No, terrible businessmen go out of business.

FAR from what Trump has done by ANY stretch of thinking.

Trump had very good lawyers and some help from an odd assortment of friends. Not everyone has Saudi princes come and bail them out.

Let me ask you this, has your networth grown more than 300% in the last 30 years? I know mine has grown a hell of a lot more than that.

What you refuse is to have is an honest conversation. I haven't been unemployed for more then a few days since I graduated. I work to pay my mortgage, to be able to let my wife visit her family yearly. To have a nice car. How is that different from you? You dismiss me because what I say doesn't fit what you believe, what people have told you your entire life, it has absolutely nothing to do with integrity and even less with truth.

No, you made a statement this is utterly ridiculous.

You said "Tax reductions increase the debt".

That is only possible if government is spending more than they are already taking. And the FACT is that government is ALWAYS taking.
There is no end to how much government bureaucrats will take if allowed.

Debt comes from wasteful government spending coupled with low rates of domestic production and poor policies from career politicians who have no concept of running a business. To them, hard working people are money trees to be mercilessly shaken.

I give you California, New York as examples.

Probably because any "business experience or knowledge" you have is fictional.

I've owned dozens of businesses. Some failed some succeeded. One or two succeeded spectacularly and allowed me to buy aircraft etc.
But these "taught" business models are usually a guarantee of failure and what NOT to do.

If the people teaching them know how to succeed, they wouldn't be in a classroom now would they?
LOL - Those who can DO, those who cannot do TEACH!
As a sideline to that, I was involved in High School and College Basketball from the time i Entered High school until I was around 55.
Those who can PLAY, Play!
Those who cannot PLAY, coach!
Those who cannot COACH, referee!
I was there at all three levels!

Trump had very good lawyers and some help from an odd assortment of friends. Not everyone has Saudi princes come and bail them out.

Let me ask you this, has your networth grown more than 300% in the last 30 years? I know mine has grown a hell of a lot more than that.

Can you say that NONE of your income comes from the government?

Can you say that NONE of your income comes from the government?

Nope I cannot say that as I get a nice little check every month from Uncle Sam thanking me for my 20 years of service to the country.

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Since you know own your own airplane I think it is safe to say your net worth has gone up more than 300% in the last 30 years. Which makes you a much better businessman than Trump. Maybe you should run for POTUS

1. You and your situation is not the case for everyone, far from.

Yes, Democrats are lying when they say it will not help anyone but the rich and corporations, but far more grave is my second point:

2. What will you do with the debt this was financed on?

When that bill is due down the line, you seriously think you or your kids will be spared the downside?

If maxing out credit cards to temporarily prime economy (in good state already) is such a brilliant solution to our problems then why bother taxing at all? Let the good time roll!....right?

No, you made a statement this is utterly ridiculous.

You said "Tax reductions increase the debt".

That is only possible if government is spending more than they are already taking. And the FACT is that government is ALWAYS taking.
There is no end to how much government bureaucrats will take if allowed.

Debt comes from wasteful government spending coupled with low rates of domestic production and poor policies from career politicians who have no concept of running a business. To them, hard working people are money trees to be mercilessly shaken.

I give you California, New York as examples.
Republican Senate tax plan hits lower incomes the hardest: Budget Office
This is the direct effect of the tax cuts. I'm willing to allow that the increase in spending money offsets that cost, the problem is I've yet to see a believable estimation of that effect. So what you have is the certainty of a cost to be balanced by the POTENTIAL economic growth. As to your efficiency blip. You give New York and California as examples while I have Belgium as an example. A country that has taxation that makes Americans blanch, but quality education and cheap, quality healthcare. If government is so inefficient why are they both so much better were I live? And yes this does take taxes into account.Health expenditure, total (% of GDP) | Data World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science?

Last edited:
Trump is a terrible businessman. Trump Inc did not really take off till the third reorganization and it became basically a holding company that leases the Trump name. But that took a long time and lots of wasted money, which is why in 30 years his net worth only grew 300%, which is beyond pathetic.

Donald Trump is very good at being a celebrity, and not so good making business decisions.

What is the 300% based on?
and 300% of millions is different that 300% of thousands.

The 300% is from this article.

Here's how Donald Trump's net worth since 1988 stacks up against other successful businessmen

And yes, 300% of millions is different that 300% of thousands. The more you have the easier it is to grow it.

I have yet to see/hear any Democrat say the tax cut won't now help the middle class. The charge I've heard Democrats (and the CBO) make is that the tax cut is inequitable because over time, for all but the wealthiest taxpayers and corporations, what is in 2018 a tax cut will become a tax increase.
It, the tax cut, has been compared to Armageddon and any benefits has been called crumbs.(by Democrats) Don't watch television mainstream news?
How exactly does it work, that Nazi Pelosi can call the tax cut "Armageddon" and the benefits "Bread Crumbs"?

It can't be both.

I have yet to see/hear any Democrat say the tax cut won't now help the middle class. The charge I've heard Democrats (and the CBO) make is that the tax cut is inequitable because over time, for all but the wealthiest taxpayers and corporations, what is in 2018 a tax cut will become a tax increase.
It, the tax cut, has been compared to Armageddon and any benefits has been called crumbs.(by Democrats) Don't watch television mainstream news?
How exactly does it work, that Nazi Pelosi can call the tax cut "Armageddon" and the benefits "Bread Crumbs"?

It can't be both.

It seems that after armageddon people will be happy to have bread crumbs to eat! :banana:

The 300% is from this article.

Here's how Donald Trump's net worth since 1988 stacks up against other successful businessmen

And yes, 300% of millions is different that 300% of thousands. The more you have the easier it is to grow it.
It's a hit piece
First a lot of those are silicon valley....they had a boom in the late 80s and 90s
Second why start 1988?
Third it's still a pretty impressive amount, he's in the Top 40, good enough for radio, good enough for me
Forth, how man people in his industry (real estate) are there?

they was a stupid piece, trying to show he didn't do the best, no one said he had the biggest increase in a very specific and random time.

He's doing well, he can negotiate and be a hard ass when it comes to making deals. He's known for that, because he does it.

It's a hit piece
First a lot of those are silicon valley....they had a boom in the late 80s and 90s
Second why start 1988?
Third it's still a pretty impressive amount, he's in the Top 40, good enough for radio, good enough for me
Forth, how man people in his industry (real estate) are there?

they was a stupid piece, trying to show he didn't do the best, no one said he had the biggest increase in a very specific and random time.

He's doing well, he can negotiate and be a hard ass when it comes to making deals. He's known for that, because he does it.

The numbers are what they are.

He is known for being a hard ass when it comes to making deals because he tells everyone that he is, yet nobody has any real examples of it happening.

Do a little research into when he really started to make money, it was when his company became nothing more than a holding company and they started to lease his name for buildings. He is very good at being a celebrity, not near as good at business. His greatest skill is selling Donald Trump.

Forum List

Back