First road closure under Shutnado

Your mapping device has a GPS reciver, and you think that proves that GPS has maps?

How exactly does a specimen of your observational prowess even find the power button on a computer?

I don't have a "mapping device"; I have a GPS device. It is loaded with maps on an SD card. That's how it gets updates.

All the satellites tell it is its present position. The database does the rest. Don't worry your pointed little head about how it works -- there's a little man in there that draws a map with a big blue crayon, awright?

:cuckoo:

You have a mapping device with a GPS receiver. All the information you get from GPS is latitude, longitude, and elevation. You get that from comparing the radio signals from 4 of the 24 satellites that are broadcasting signals, comparing the distance to each one, and using trilateration to figure out its location on an imaginary globe. The recivers can be made small enough to fit inside a USB stick, so they easily fit into cell phones and mapping devices designed to use the data to pinpoint your location an a map.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK. :bang3:

:cuckoo:

Racist?
When have I ever called anyone a racist?

I'm not sure how you interpret Obama as being wrong against Article One of the Constitution.
I'm interested to know though.

Yes, pleas tell us, QW. Just how does this...

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.
...prove the President wrong?

And I'm pretty sure idb has not called anyone on here racist for criticising the Prez. Pretty sure I haven't, either.

You don't know why Obama is wrong when he says that the House has to fund the government because he wants them to?

Oh, did he say that?

Yes, pleas tell us, QW. Just how does this...

...prove the President wrong?

And I'm pretty sure idb has not called anyone on here racist for criticising the Prez. Pretty sure I haven't, either.

You don't know why Obama is wrong when he says that the House has to fund the government because he wants them to?

Oh, did he say that?

Are you trying tot ell me there is a double running around putting words into his mouth? How come the Spite House hasn't spoken up and exposed the plot to make Obama look bad?

The people there need to rally, unite and take the Barrycades down together

And put it on Youtube - since there is a media blackout by the party press.

I apologize in advance for making you look real stupid, but you should have done your homework.

Small businesses fear bankruptcy from national park shutdowns - NBC News.com

msnbc-facebooklike-icon.jpg

4 states offer to pay to reopen national parks - NBC News.com

Shutdown puts businesses, foreign workers in limbo - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

All stories mention road closures, the only difference, NBC included relevant context and background (facts) and left out the SPIN>

The people there need to rally, unite and take the Barrycades down together

And put it on Youtube - since there is a media blackout by the party press.

I apologize in advance for making you look real stupid, but you should have done your homework.

Small businesses fear bankruptcy from national park shutdowns - NBC News.com

4 states offer to pay to reopen national parks - NBC News.com

Shutdown puts businesses, foreign workers in limbo - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

All stories mention road closures, the only difference, NBC included relevant context and background (facts) and left out the SPIN>

Your smart card has been revoked. If this is how the government treats the ordinary citizen, then just imagine what they might be doing to businesses. How on earth would a business suffer from a 18% government shutdown?

Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

Oh, did he say that?

Are you trying tot ell me there is a double running around putting words into his mouth? How come the Spite House hasn't spoken up and exposed the plot to make Obama look bad?

Did he say, "The House has to fund the government because I want them to"?

Oh, did he say that?

He said that anyone who goes on strike should be fired, or was that his evil twin?

He said that it is unprecedented to dmand spending cuts as part of a budget deal, or was that his evil twin.

He said that he wouldn't accept anything less that the House giving him everything he wants, or was that his evil twin?

He even said that he wouldn't accept bills that funded just part of the government, or was that, once again, his evil twin?

He said that anyone who goes on strike should be fired, or was that his evil twin?

He said that it is unprecedented to dmand spending cuts as part of a budget deal, or was that his evil twin.

He said that he wouldn't accept anything less that the House giving him everything he wants, or was that his evil twin?

He even said that he wouldn't accept bills that funded just part of the government, or was that, once again, his evil twin?

Ok, so he didn't say that the reason the House has to fund the government is because he wants it.

IOW, what you really have a bug up your ass about is he has the upper hand and he's playing hardball.

Obama is a dirtbag

Yeah, but what concerns me isn't the people at the top, it's the people doing the actual work. Why isn't there any push-back from the rank and file bureaucrats doing the work of the shutdown? Where are the refusals to put up barricades or kick people out of their homes or even just the dragging of feet and excuses of lack of resources and prioritization?

I guess a federal job and bennies trumps doing the right thing.

i guess that all depends how badly thye want ot keep their jobs. obama has made it loud and clear he doesn't negotiate. if they push to hard, they will be furlowed - permanently

Ok, so he didn't say that the reason the House has to fund the government is because he wants it.

IOW, what you really have a bug up your ass about is he has the upper hand and he's playing hardball.

And I didn't say he said it either, did I? I just mocked you for not knowing why Obama is wrong when he opens his mouth.

North Dakota told the prezbo to f off

with his closing of the federal lands

zero hour the feds backed down

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service reopens federal lands minutes before North Dakota to file federal suit

BISMARCK, N.D. – The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has agreed to reopen more than 288,000 acres of wildlife lands in North Dakota that have been closed to public access since the federal government shutdown began on October 1.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Director Dan Ashe announced the reopening of Wildlife Service lands nationwide late today after he was informed of North Dakota’s intent to file a complaint in U.S. District Court. The complaint, already completed and within minutes of being filed, requested a federal judge require the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to reopen more than 288,000 acres of wildlife lands closed to hunters and other public uses.
Gov. Jack Dalrymple and Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, in talks with U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials, said they were prepared to file the complaint at 3pm today. Just minutes before 3pm, U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials said they would reopen the wildlife lands nationwide.
“These Waterfowl Production Areas are an important part of North Dakota’s outdoor experience and the law is very clear that a government shutdown is not a legal justification to close these unstaffed, public lands,” Gov. Dalrymple said. “We are pleased that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agreed to reopen these lands in time for North Dakota’s opening day of pheasant hunting.
“The Fish and Wildlife Service’s attempt to prohibit access to the wide outdoors was clearly contrary to law, which assures these areas are to be open to hunters and anglers,” Stenehjem said. “I am delighted that Fish and Wildlife Service has agreed to end the confusion, and to allow our sportsmen to enjoy a successful hunting season.”
In the complaint, Dalrymple and Stenehjem said the closures are unnecessary and unwarranted because the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service does not, under normal conditions, maintain full-time staff on the lands and because there are no additional public safety or management issues created by keeping the lands open. Dalrymple and Stenehjem said the law allows closure only in exceptional circumstances, none of which are present.
On Tuesday, the state also sent a letter to U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Dan Ashe, voicing the same arguments in urging him to reopen the state’s Waterfowl Production Areas.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Capitulates to North Dakota's Call for Public Land Access | North Dakota Office of the Governor

Obama is a dirtbag

Yeah, but what concerns me isn't the people at the top, it's the people doing the actual work. Why isn't there any push-back from the rank and file bureaucrats doing the work of the shutdown? Where are the refusals to put up barricades or kick people out of their homes or even just the dragging of feet and excuses of lack of resources and prioritization?

I guess a federal job and bennies trumps doing the right thing.

i guess that all depends how badly thye want ot keep their jobs. obama has made it loud and clear he doesn't negotiate. if they push to hard, they will be furlowed - permanently
And possibly put in jail.

That's the way fascist governments work.

Forum List

Back