First road closure under Shutnado

Truly your ignorance is infinite. That road can in no conceivable way be considered a "major thorughfare". Though it is pretty -- a road you take for its scenery. Wilderness, kind of like the Blue Ridge Parkway. Consider the source: Fox Noise. :rofl:

Oh wait, we forgot -- I live in the area and actually know that road. You don't.

I must have missed it, where did I say it was a major thoroughfare? Where did the article I cited say it was a major thoroughfare?

It is nice of you to jump in with your expected defense of the government, after all, if the park service can't patrol the road it will fall apart. It will probably take weeks to repair after the fake government shutdown even without traffic using it everyday.

Yeah you must have missed that. I put it in bold. Perhaps you need it in 56 point type as well.

The National Park Service also closed the Foothills Parkway, a major thoroughfare in the county.

A "major thoroughfare" that, last time I got on there (August) my GPS didn't even know where I was, chirping "proceed to the nearest road".

This (post) has nothing to do with the government, or O'bama, or the NPS. It's about Fox Noise and its slanted reporting.

Or didn't you get that... :cuckoo:
My Garmin did that a while back. I guess I wasn't on a major thoroughfare, then?

Wait, no, I was: I was on US65 going from Little Rock, AR to Springfield, MO!

Not according to Obama. If you don't like that, take it up with him and his insistence that the House has to do things his way.

Wait, you actually agree with him, yet want to argue that, because we a a republic, you can pretend that 279 is a majority in a country of 300 million. Funny how that only works when you win, isn't it?

Now I know you're trolling.
You couldn't be as dumb as this and still find the keyboard.
Cheers.

I see.

When Obama tells the House of Representatives that he will not accept anything that doesn't give him everything he wants he is actually holding up the ideal of a republic where the House is the direct representative of the people.

I wonder if we can cite any historical documents to back your position up.

The House of Representatives cannot only refuse, but they alone can propose, the supplies requisite for the support of government. They, in a word, hold the purse that powerful instrument by which we behold, in the history of the British Constitution, an infant and humble representation of the people gradually enlarging the sphere of its activity and importance, and finally reducing, as far as it seems to have wished, all the overgrown prerogatives of the other branches of the government. This power over the purse may, in fact, be regarded as the most complete and effectual weapon with which any constitution can arm the immediate representatives of the people, for obtaining a redress of every grievance, and for carrying into effect every just and salutary measure. But will not the House of Representatives be as much interested as the Senate in maintaining the government in its proper functions, and will they not therefore be unwilling to stake its existence or its reputation on the pliancy of the Senate? Or, if such a trial of firmness between the two branches were hazarded, would not the one be as likely first to yield as the other? These questions will create no difficulty with those who reflect that in all cases the smaller the number, and the more permanent and conspicuous the station, of men in power, the stronger must be the interest which they will individually feel in whatever concerns the government.
Those who represent the dignity of their country in the eyes of other nations, will be particularly sensible to every prospect of public danger, or of dishonorable stagnation in public affairs. To those causes we are to ascribe the continual triumph of the British House of Commons over the other branches of the government, whenever the engine of a money bill has been employed. An absolute inflexibility on the side of the latter, although it could not have failed to involve every department of the state in the general confusion, has neither been apprehended nor experienced. The utmost degree of firmness that can be displayed by the federal Senate or President, will not be more than equal to a resistance in which they will be supported by constitutional and patriotic principles. In this review of the Constitution of the House of Representatives, I have passed over the circumstances of economy, which, in the present state of affairs, might have had some effect in lessening the temporary number of representatives, and a disregard of which would probably have been as rich a theme of declamation against the Constitution as has been shown by the smallness of the number proposed. I omit also any remarks on the difficulty which might be found, under present circumstances, in engaging in the federal service a large number of such characters as the people will probably elect.

The Avalon Project : Federalist No 58

Wait, that contradicts Obama, and you, my bad.

Maybe you can find something. After all, I am so dumb I can't ever find the keyboard.

From your own link.
One observation, however, I must be permitted to add on this subject as claiming, in my judgment, a very serious attention. It is, that in all legislative assemblies the greater the number composing them may be, the fewer will be the men who will in fact direct their proceedings. In the first place, the more numerous an assembly may be, of whatever characters composed, the greater is known to be the ascendency of passion over reason. In the next place, the larger the number, the greater will be the proportion of members of limited information and of weak capacities. Now, it is precisely on characters of this description that the eloquence and address of the few are known to act with all their force. In the ancient republics, where the whole body of the people assembled in person, a single orator, or an artful statesman, was generally seen to rule with as complete a sway as if a sceptre had been placed in his single hand.
Rather prescient I'd say.

Oh, and there is this I suppose.
All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
and this
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

spiteful spiteful spiteful

that king obama sure is one spiteful little man

this time removing handles from drinking fountains

--LOL

what a loser

In what looks like a spiteful move, the NPS even removed handles from water spigots along the Chesapeake and Ohio canal where bikers and joggers exercise as well as along the Great Allegheny Passage, just to ensure people don’t get any water from them.

SERIOUSLY? National Park Service spitefully removes handles from water fountains - U.s. - Catholic Online

--LOL

what a loser

In what looks like a spiteful move, the NPS even removed handles from water spigots along the Chesapeake and Ohio canal where bikers and joggers exercise as well as along the Great Allegheny Passage, just to ensure people don’t get any water from them.

SERIOUSLY? National Park Service spitefully removes handles from water fountains - U.s. - Catholic Online

Yet ANOTHER chickenshit move by this chickenshit president.

You can really tell how bright a person is by how they respond to this story.

Most know it's a bunch of partisan Fox bullshit -- the shutdown is 100% GOP, every reasonable and intelligent person knows that. But the "true believers" come flocking out when FOX blows the dog whistle.

Leave it to Fox to spin to a complete lie, using lots fear words. BOO!!

Just like that story about the Old People in Yellowstone -- bunch of spin and nonsense.

As if Obama had anything to do with this -- how stupid are people??

I must have missed it, where did I say it was a major thoroughfare? Where did the article I cited say it was a major thoroughfare?

It is nice of you to jump in with your expected defense of the government, after all, if the park service can't patrol the road it will fall apart. It will probably take weeks to repair after the fake government shutdown even without traffic using it everyday.

Yeah you must have missed that. I put it in bold. Perhaps you need it in 56 point type as well.

The National Park Service also closed the Foothills Parkway, a major thoroughfare in the county.

A "major thoroughfare" that, last time I got on there (August) my GPS didn't even know where I was, chirping "proceed to the nearest road".

This (post) has nothing to do with the government, or O'bama, or the NPS. It's about Fox Noise and its slanted reporting.

My Garmin did that a while back. I guess I wasn't on a major thoroughfare, then?

To be honest it has a lot more to do with being on a road that hasn't yet been (fully) built. The parkway was not found in its little database. It does the same thing on a major highway that's been recently rerouted. The Foothills Parkway is in fact a work in progress.

Last edited:
Roads in Blount County Tennessee (from Wiki) - note hierarchy:

Highways

Interstate highways

Interstate 140 Pellissippi Parkway

U.S. highways
U.S. Route 129 Airport Hwy/Alcoa Hwy, Hwy 411 South & Calderwood Hwy
U.S. Route 321 Lamar Alexander Pkwy & Wears Valley Road
U.S. Route 411 Broadway Ave & Sevierville Road

State highways
TN State Primary Route 33 Old Knoxville Hwy, Broadway Ave & Hwy 411 South
TN State Primary Route 35 Sevierville Road, Washington Street & North Hall Road
TN State Primary Route 72 Calderwood Hwy
TN State Primary Route 73 Lamar Alexander Pkwy & Wears Valley Road
TN State Primary Route 115 Airport Hwy/Alcoa Hwy, Hwy 411 South & Calderwood Hwy
TN State Primary Route 162 Pellissippi Parkway

Secondary Routes
TN Secondary Route 333 Topside Road, Louisville Road, Quarry Rd & Miser Station Road
TN Secondary Route 334 Louisville Road
TN Secondary Route 335 William Blount Drive, Hunt Road & Old Glory Road
TN Secondary Route 336 Montvale Road, Six Mile Road, Brick Mill Road
TN Secondary Route 337 Wears Valley Road
TN Secondary Route 429 Airbase Road
TN Secondary Route 446
TN Secondary Route 447

US Park Service Roads
Foothills Parkway
Little River Road
Laurel Creek Road
Cades Cove Loop Road

Fox Noise: We Distort, You look like an idiot on message boards.

--LOL

what a loser

Spiteful and petty beyond imagining.

Now I know you're trolling.
You couldn't be as dumb as this and still find the keyboard.
Cheers.

I see.

When Obama tells the House of Representatives that he will not accept anything that doesn't give him everything he wants he is actually holding up the ideal of a republic where the House is the direct representative of the people.

Maybe you can find something. After all, I am so dumb I can't ever find the keyboard.

From your own link.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
and this
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

You only have stuff that proves Obama is wrong, yet you insist he is right. Is the reason for that that you are afraid of being called a racist after calling so many people racist yourself?

To be honest it has a lot more to do with being on a road that hasn't yet been (fully) built. The parkway was not found in its little database. It does the same thing on a major highway that's been recently rerouted. The Foothills Parkway is in fact a work in progress.

Newsflash, GPS only tells you where you are, it doesn't have a mapping database. You blaming the inferior mapping software on the GPS system, and pretending it proves that the road you are on isn't important, is a side effect of your need to defend the government.

I see.

From your own link.

and this

You only have stuff that proves Obama is wrong, yet you insist he is right. Is the reason for that that you are afraid of being called a racist after calling so many people racist yourself?

Racist?
When have I ever called anyone a racist?

I'm not sure how you interpret Obama as being wrong against Article One of the Constitution.
I'm interested to know though.

From your own link.

and this

Racist?

I'm not sure how you interpret Obama as being wrong against Article One of the Constitution.

Yes, pleas tell us, QW. Just how does this...

...prove the President wrong?

And I'm pretty sure idb has not called anyone on here racist for criticising the Prez. Pretty sure I haven't, either.

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Newsflash, GPS only tells you where you are, it doesn't have a mapping database. You blaming the inferior mapping software on the GPS system, and pretending it proves that the road you are on isn't important, is a side effect of your need to defend the government.

Oh yes it does. And your pretending to know how a GPS works is a side effect of your need to be a Quantum Dickbag.

Last edited:

Racist?

And I'm pretty sure idb has not called anyone on here racist for criticising the Prez. Pretty sure I haven't, either.

Wankbag just makes it up as he goes along. Have him prove it. Works for me.

Racist?

You don't know why Obama is wrong when he says that the House has to fund the government because he wants them to?

Oh yes it does. And your pretending to know how a GPS works is a side effect of your need to be a Quantum Dickbag.

GPS does not having a mapping database. If it did I wouldn't get a different map using Android than people who use iOS because the maps would all be downloaded from the satellites. Please, feel free to explain to me, in detail, who I don't understand how GPS works. I love it when idiots that think they understand sconce and/or technology prove how stupid they are, just ask rdean.

Last edited:

GPS does not having a mapping database. If it did I wouldn't get a different map using Android than people who use iOS because the maps would all be downloaded from the satellites. Please, feel free to explain to me, in detail, who I don't understand how GPS works. I love it when idiots that think they understand sconce and/or technology prove how stupid they are, just ask rdean.

Mine does. Period.

And I'm not sure what this has to do with anything but -- there's a light bulb behind the glass.

wall-sconce-lighting-w3.jpg

:cuckoo:

You prolly won't even get that, since you can't freaking read....

Mine does. Period.

And I'm not sure what this has to do with anything but -- there's a light bulb behind the glass.

Your mapping device has a GPS reciver, and you think that proves that GPS has maps?

Mine does. Period.

Your mapping device has a GPS reciver, and you think that proves that GPS has maps?

How exactly does a specimen of your observational prowess even find the power button on a computer?

I don't have a "mapping device"; I have a GPS device. It is loaded with maps on an SD card. That's how it gets updates.

All the satellites tell it is its present position. The database does the rest. Don't worry your pointed little head about how it works -- there's a little man in there that draws a map with a big blue crayon, awright?

Mine does. Period.

How exactly does a specimen of your observational prowess even find the power button on a computer?

I don't have a "mapping device"; I have a GPS device. It is loaded with maps on an SD card. That's how it gets updates.

All the satellites tell it is its present position. The database does the rest. Don't worry your pointed little head about how it works -- there's a little man in there that draws a map with a big blue crayon, awright?

You have a mapping device with a GPS receiver. All the information you get from GPS is latitude, longitude, and elevation. You get that from comparing the radio signals from 4 of the 24 satellites that are broadcasting signals, comparing the distance to each one, and using trilateration to figure out its location on an imaginary globe. The receivers can be made small enough to fit inside a USB stick, so they easily fit into cell phones and mapping devices designed to use the data to pinpoint your location an a map.

4275Fig01.jpg

You have a mapping device that has a GPS receiver. The fact that it stores maps on an SD card does not make it not a mapping device anymore than the SD card it uses actually receives the GPS signal. The fact that you prefer to believe the lies they feed you in order tog et you to buy your mapping device doesn't magically make your mapping device not a mapping device.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back