Fiscal Responsibility: Trumps Military Parade to cost $92 Million

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Trump’s military parade postponed to next year, Pentagon says

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.

Many countries far smaller than us have such parades to the applause and pride of their nation.

Many countries far smaller and/or less advanced than us also still smoke cigarettes, endure choking air pollution, hang gay people and only this year allowed women to drive. Why would you want your country to be a follower instead of a leader?

Countries like France have parades. Not countries where elected officials say it was never great. Not countries who have people that disrespect its flag and anthem. Certainly not countries where a political party has a belief "no borders, no wall, no USA at all."

We are crumbling with no need of pride, especially military pride.
^^Loon^^

he only put off the military parade scheduled in November because Putin canceled his November visit, Trump will pull it out of the hat again when Putin has a set date on when he is visiting....

:rolleyes:

It was the actions of the FBI, that convinced me. Nothing to do with anything Trump said.

Try to be less bat shit crazy.
You’re fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

That there are politically biased people in the FBI, which exists on the left and the right, does not confirm the existence of Trump’s deep state.

Your pretense that this is a "both sides do it" issue is unsupported and dismissed as idiocy.

Your admission that there are political biased people in the FBI, in the context of a discussion of them using their office(s) to fight against the democratically elected President,

does confirm the Deep State Theory.

Your idiocy about Trump starting the Deep State theory is laughed at.

LOL!!!
Your derangement worsens in your denial that there are politically biased folks on the right working in the FBI.
icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as your idiocy of the deep state, other than bitch and moan to his mistress, what did Strzok do to prevent Trump from becoming president, or after to remove him from office?

Support your claim that there are "folks" politically biased to the Right, in the Government, that have abused their office and authority to fight against the policy of the Administration of the time.

Or admit that you are full of shit.
You brain-dead sycophantic conservative. Quote me saying anyone, ”abused their office and authority to fight against the policy of the Administration.”

Try arguing what I say — not what the demons raging in your head tell you.

The fbi gave hillary a pass and was plotting against Trump before he even took office.

That is the reality of the current situation.

Show me similar behavior from the "right biased folk" in government within the last twenty years, giving a Republican a pass while abusing their office(s) to fight the dem.

Or admit that your claim is bs.

I'm not into Parades but what the heck; they're good value re propaganda.

Greg
Think of how Pennsylvania Avenue would bear up under the size of those tanks. No, to the parade. America doesn't need and can't afford this dictator-like show of force. The world knows who has the force. The monies would be as much a waste of taxpayer dollars as the omnibus spending bill. But as long as it made Ivanka happy?

Exactly the point about humility. Only those insecure about their own power need artificial massive displays to push the point. And the deeper the insecurity, the more intense the artificial display.

Which takes is straight back to
iu

When you have that much compensation going on, you have some deep-seated belligerence issues. And they're not issues the whole world can't see.

Think of how Pennsylvania Avenue would bear up under the size of those tanks. No, to the parade. America doesn't need and can't afford this dictator-like show of force. The world knows who has the force. The monies would be as much a waste of taxpayer dollars as the omnibus spending bill. But as long as it made Ivanka happy?

The roads do fine. Thank you very much for your concern.
You would know this, how?

Considering I work for the Army? How about that for one. :D
That isn't good enough for me. Do you know how much those tanks weigh and how many would be showcasing and for what length? I mean, where are your stats or are you just tossing out an assumption. Either way, thank you for addressing the issue and for serving our country. :)

Goodnight.

My daughter is currently stationed on Fort Hood where many of the Abrams and Bradleys are stationed.. I have worked on post where the Armor School was located at Fort Knox before it moved. Many of the training facilities where I volunteer training troops in urban combat are used by tanks and have asphalt roads. The tanks drive many of the same streets as the cars do all over the post. They also use rubber inserts on roadways to prevent the metal treads from tearing up the road.

Why would you roll a tank on a public road --- if you don't have to?
Are we keeping the invading forces of Maryland at bay?

That's just mindless.

So is our President telling us that instead of a parade, we could have had a brand new fighter jet?

Seems like a no-brainer

Great news! This thing will never come off. Trump, you need a vaca! You are not reading the mood of the people. Spend that 92 MILLION on the veterans! I have never been behind this grandiose egotistical idea of yours. This is NOT your military school mentality anymore. :1peleas:

Trump’s military parade postponed to next year, Pentagon says

Snip:

President Trump's military parade planned for Veterans Day has been postponed until at least next year, the Pentagon announced Thursday.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Rob Manning said in a statement that the Defense Department and White House have agreed to explore potential dates for the parade in 2019.

Many countries far smaller than us have such parades to the applause and pride of their nation.

Oh they have to applaud. If they don't they'll be shot.

iu

Take notes now.

Just more lies of the left.

uh HUH. So you're saying non-compliants aren't shot in North Korea are you?

Good luck making that point. I'll be watching.

It was the actions of the FBI, that convinced me. Nothing to do with anything Trump said.

Try to be less bat shit crazy.

That there are politically biased people in the FBI, which exists on the left and the right, does not confirm the existence of Trump’s deep state.

Your pretense that this is a "both sides do it" issue is unsupported and dismissed as idiocy.

Your admission that there are political biased people in the FBI, in the context of a discussion of them using their office(s) to fight against the democratically elected President,

LOL!!!
Your derangement worsens in your denial that there are politically biased folks on the right working in the FBI.
icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as your idiocy of the deep state, other than bitch and moan to his mistress, what did Strzok do to prevent Trump from becoming president, or after to remove him from office?

Support your claim that there are "folks" politically biased to the Right, in the Government, that have abused their office and authority to fight against the policy of the Administration of the time.

You brain-dead sycophantic conservative. Quote me saying anyone, ”abused their office and authority to fight against the policy of the Administration.”

That... is not a conservative. That it is brain-dead remains to be seen. One of the tenets of conservatism is fiscal responsibility. Anyone supporting a stupid parade so the Orange Virus can see his military toys up close gave up being conservative and moved to the dark side of extremism quite a while ago. They worship a cult of personality.

So is our President telling us that instead of a parade, we could have had a brand new fighter jet?

Seems like a no-brainer
well until we reach the promise of "a jetfighter in every garage" i think we're ok. this is just trump rambling. i seriously doubt he's going to go out and buy another jet. since the F-35 is $85mil, we're buying a JET anyway, not MORE JETS. :)

surprised the left hasn't pounced on trump for that one yet.

How much the F-35 Really Cost? - Defense Update:

There'll always be people into spending money for no reason other than fuzzy feelings about nationalism.
America is the greatest country ever!

How do you define "greatest country"?

Also, it's very subjective. Someone from the US growing up in the US will say the US is the greatest country.
Someone from Spain growing up in Spain will say Spain is the greatest.

Anybody anywhere making such a proclamation is elitist hubris. You'd have to literally experience every country in the world to be even qualified to make such a statement, and even then it would be subjective to one's own preferences.

Taking pride and/or satisfaction is perfectly fine but preaching to everybody else "we're better than you" is just freaking mindless.

LOL!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

That... is not a conservative. That it is brain-dead remains to be seen. One of the tenets of conservatism is fiscal responsibility. Anyone supporting a stupid parade so the Orange Virus can see his military toys up close gave up being conservative and moved to the dark side of extremism quite a while ago. They worship a cult of personality.

A parade is not extremism nor "cult of pesonality".

Stop panic mongering.

Trump just tweeted that now that he cancelled the parade and he can buy more jet fighters.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

Wow, you can't make this stupidity up
please - the tweet is conversational, not an action plan.

i *do* wish he'd stop the $100 mil bullshit parade and invest that money in the 22 vets who commit suicide daily. you want military trust and respect, take care of them where it matters.

the parade and more jets isn't it.

take care of our people trump, leave the hype for you at home.
Your mistake is to assume that trump cares about veterans. I'm sure that he considers those who commit suicide as losers....not heros....losers.

Well, if Democrats could cut back on their riots, slob protests, naked weido/pussy parades and mayhem in the streets we could well afford a Patriot All-American parade ... mmm .. in fact, it would be refreshing for a change

You let Democrats off too easy, Lumpster. Don't forget how they invented slavery, the common cold and bedbugs.

Trump just tweeted that now that he cancelled the parade and he can buy more jet fighters.

i *do* wish he'd stop the $100 mil bullshit parade and invest that money in the 22 vets who commit suicide daily. you want military trust and respect, take care of them where it matters.

Mattis states that those claiming the 92 million price tag are smoking something not legal nationwide.
cut it in half - still put that to 22 suicides a day, not a parade.

help our vets when they come home. that is a whole lot of honor and respect moreso than a parade.

Cut all aid to illegals - all of it - and apply that to vets.
What is this aid to illegals?

Your mistake is to assume that trump cares about veterans. I'm sure that he considers those who commit suicide as losers....not heros....losers.
your mistake is to assume i keep defending trump in a thread where i'm obviously disagreeing with him.

you compound that with stupid assumptions. then again i guess you can't help the stupid part as TDS takes over your mind and lives rent free in your head.

Meanwhile, you sycophantly proclaimed Trump always makes the right decision.... he decided to hire Omarosa.
At the time he hired her it was the correct decision.

But after a year she had out lived her usefulness and it was time for a change.

So once again, Pres. Trump made the right decision by having one of his underlings show her the exit. .... :cool:

LOL!!!
icon_rolleyes.gif

The fbi gave hillary a pass and was plotting against Trump before he even took office.

That is the reality of the current situation.

Show me similar behavior from the "right biased folk" in government within the last twenty years, giving a Republican a pass while abusing their office(s) to fight the dem.

Or admit that your claim is bs.
I am not responsible for your rightarded insanity that Hillary should have been prosecuted over her email server, which Comey was also investigated by the GOP-led Congress. Even today, with Trump as president and in charge of the Department of Justice, and Republicans in charge of every single committee in Congress there are still no charges or investigations against her forthcoming.

And despite your brain-addled claims of some conpiracy within the FBI to either prevent Trump from becoming president...

Like I said, try arguing against reality — not what the voices in your head are telling you.

”Show me similar behavior from the "right biased folk" in government within the last twenty years, giving a Republican a pass while abusing their office(s) to fight the dem.

Easy.... James Comey, who said nothing in public about folks from Trump’s campaign being under investigation for colluding with Russians while at the same time, making the investigation into Hillary’s email server very public. Even publicly announcing he was reopening the closed investigation just two weeks before the election, very possibly handing the election to Crazy Donald.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back