Fiscal Time bomb

It would be hard to do #2 after you've done #1.

That is why I like the Fair Tax plan.
With NO cost to businesses (income taxes, SS, Medicare, capital gains, etc.)
There will be a explosion of investment and foreign companies moving to the US.
Current US companies currently have around $2 to $3 Trillion dollars sitting overseas that is not coming back to the US because of the "triple" taxes they would incur.

This alone would increase federal revenue.

Plus, we would widen the tax base to illegal jobs (drug dealers, theft, etc.) and to foreign visitors and tourist.

More investment
More jobs
More people paying taxes

More government revenue

How much will prices increase under this plan?

None!
We replace the embedded cost of the current tax code (income tax, payroll taxes, SS, capital gains, etc.) that are added to all products a services (about 22% give or take) and replace it with a one time embedded tax of 23%.

Plus, no more income tax forms and billions of dollars lost paying for accountants to figure it all out.

Read up on it...And let me know what you think.
http://www.fairtax.org

That is why I like the Fair Tax plan.
With NO cost to businesses (income taxes, SS, Medicare, capital gains, etc.)
There will be a explosion of investment and foreign companies moving to the US.
Current US companies currently have around $2 to $3 Trillion dollars sitting overseas that is not coming back to the US because of the "triple" taxes they would incur.

This alone would increase federal revenue.

Plus, we would widen the tax base to illegal jobs (drug dealers, theft, etc.) and to foreign visitors and tourist.

More investment
More jobs
More people paying taxes

More government revenue

None!
We replace the embedded cost of the current tax code (income tax, payroll taxes, SS, capital gains, etc.) that are added to all products a services (about 22% give or take) and replace it with a one time embedded tax of 23%.

Plus, no more income tax forms and billions of dollars lost paying for accountants to figure it all out.

Americans For Fair Taxation

So my take home pay increases and the things I buy don't increase?

None!

Americans For Fair Taxation

So my take home pay increases and the things I buy don't increase?

No not exactly.
In order for prices to stay the same level, your pre-tax income will need to be lowered, thus you will bring home the same amount as you do now. Or if you and your employer decide that you should keep your whole paycheck then you will have to pass the cost off to the consumer with a 23% tax attached.

Chances are it will be a little of both...it depends on market forces and competition.

YOu want to eliminate all taxation while you live?

How about imposing a 100% inheritence tax on everybody at death?

It's entirely FAIR, isn't it?

100% Fair, but 100% stupid, is probably what you are thinking, right?

That's exactly what most of us think about the "FAIR" FLAT TAX, too.

OK...then the current 70,000 pages of the income tax code is the best tax system?

Sad

I'll let Milton Friedman explain why 100% inheritance tax is not a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

OK...then the current 70,000 pages of the income tax code is the best tax system?

Sad

Nice try lad, but I am not responsible for defending things I clearly did NOT say.

We do not live in a world where we have ONLY two choices as it regards taxation.

I can loath the current tax system we have without therefore concluding that another proposed system "Fair Tax" must be the only alternative.

Sad

Nice try lad, but I am not responsible for defending things I clearly did NOT say.

We do not live in a world where we have ONLY two choices as it regards taxation.

I can loath the current tax system we have without therefore concluding that another proposed system "Fair Tax" must be the only alternative.

NP...
Then if it doesn't matter to you then I'll count you as present....and move on.

But if you really do care I'll encourage you to read up on it.

Forum List

Back