Five West Virginia middle school girls refuse to compete against trans competitor in shot put

The recently completed Boston Marathon had one starting gun, one finish line. Women and men and those who may identify as something else ran on the same roads at the same time.

Everything seemed to go off without a hitch as it has for over 100+ years save for an act of terrorism that had nothing to do with two genders running at the same time.

Thanks for bringing up a very good point.

PS: WinterBorn was the Boston Marathon not “legitimate” in your eyes?

Did they rank the winners based solely on position at the finish? Or did they have Men's winners, Women's winners, Senior winners etc etc?

And meanwhile back in reality, by choosing not to compete, her chances of getting a college scholarship dies as well.
Only one, that being the one that falls to a place off the medal stand, and that one, as always is the biological woman.

Geez, are you seriously that dense?

The recently completed Boston Marathon had one starting gun, one finish line. Women and men and those who may identify as something else ran on the same roads at the same time.

Everything seemed to go off without a hitch as it has for over 100+ years save for an act of terrorism that had nothing to do with two genders running at the same time.

Thanks for bringing up a very good point.

PS: WinterBorn was the Boston Marathon not “legitimate” in your eyes?
The first man to cross the line receives $150,000 and the first woman that crosses the line receives $150,000. So even though everyone runs the marathon at the same time, men compete against men and women compete against women.

The first man to cross the line receives $150,000 and the first woman that crosses the line receives $150,000. So even though everyone runs the marathon at the same time, men compete against men and women compete against women.

Yeah...sounds like a good way to trim costs and speed things up. Track meets in High School were a huge pain. I was unfortunate enough to have to take the bus to the track meet. So I had to get there at 8AM. We would leave around 2PM. My friends on the team would show up for their event and they would go home after word. Lucky bastards!

Yeah...sounds like a good way to trim costs and speed things up. Track meets in High School were a huge pain. I was unfortunate enough to have to take the bus to the track meet. So I had to get there at 8AM. We would leave around 2PM. My friends on the team would show up for their event and they would go home after word. Lucky bastards!
There are many men that finish the Boston Marathon before the first woman finishes the marathon each year. Should the $150,000 for the woman's prize go to a man that identifies as a woman?

There are many men that finish the Boston Marathon before the first woman finishes the marathon each year. Should the $150,000 for the woman's prize go to a man that identifies as a woman?
I don’t think so.

For the thousandth time here is my position on this whole topic.

If you have outdoor plumbing, you shouldn’t compete with people that don’t.
If you have indoor plumbing, you shouldn’t compete with people that don’t.

I think that you should be able to identify as anything you wish but society is under zero obligation to cater to your identification decisions. I think someone should have told the young boy who is identifying as a young girl that he would have to compete with other boys because those are the rules.

However, as far as this topic goes...If there are no stakes involved--scholarships, championships, prize money, etc... though...who the hell cares really?

When I went to high school a thousand years ago, we had girls playing on football teams. Not many but they were there. The world survived.

On Thursday, five middle school female athletes in West Virginia staged a "step out" protest and refused to compete against a trans-identified male in the shot put event.

In a video posted online, the girls stepped into the box when their name was called to throw, and then one by one they stepped out without throwing their shot.
In the post, former University of Kentucky swimmer turned women rights advocate, Riley Gaines said, "It's a sad day when 13-14yr old girls have to be the adults in the room." She added, "But I couldn't be more inspired by and proud of these girls.

"Enough is enough. The tide is turning!" Gaines concluded.

According to Outkick, the protest was conducted at the 2024 Harrison County Middle School Championships by girls on the Bridgeport Middle School girls' track and field team.

the protest came just two days after the United States Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that West Virginia state law banning males in female sports could not be enforced in regard to 13-year-old trans athlete Becky Pepper-Jackson, who they were competing against that day.

What a bunch of hate filled transphobes....
Genocide!
If you allow “trans-identified” males to complete against real honest to God females you will soon have all the female records owned by males in the process of transitioning.

So if you are a girl why even bother to complete?

So much for real female sports. The females will be replaced with second rate males who can’t complete with real males.

On Thursday, five middle school female athletes in West Virginia staged a "step out" protest and refused to compete against a trans-identified male in the shot put event.

In a video posted online, the girls stepped into the box when their name was called to throw, and then one by one they stepped out without throwing their shot.
In the post, former University of Kentucky swimmer turned women rights advocate, Riley Gaines said, "It's a sad day when 13-14yr old girls have to be the adults in the room." She added, "But I couldn't be more inspired by and proud of these girls.

"Enough is enough. The tide is turning!" Gaines concluded.

According to Outkick, the protest was conducted at the 2024 Harrison County Middle School Championships by girls on the Bridgeport Middle School girls' track and field team.

the protest came just two days after the United States Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that West Virginia state law banning males in female sports could not be enforced in regard to 13-year-old trans athlete Becky Pepper-Jackson, who they were competing against that day.

What a bunch of hate filled transphobes....
Genocide!
The Left does not care, I can assure you of that.

See, the easiest thing to do in this world is destroy something, which is what the Left is all about.

So, whether the girls compete or not, the Left still has destroyed the sport either way.

I don’t think so.

For the thousandth time here is my position on this whole topic.

If you have outdoor plumbing, you shouldn’t compete with people that don’t.
If you have indoor plumbing, you shouldn’t compete with people that don’t.

I think that you should be able to identify as anything you wish but society is under zero obligation to cater to your identification decisions. I think someone should have told the young boy who is identifying as a young girl that he would have to compete with other boys because those are the rules.

However, as far as this topic goes...If there are no stakes involved--scholarships, championships, prize money, etc... though...who the hell cares really?

When I went to high school a thousand years ago, we had girls playing on football teams. Not many but they were there. The world survived.
Sometimes there are slippery slopes. The middle school girls were right to protest competing against the boy at that event. Otherwise the boy will be allowed to continue to compete against the girls throughout middle school and high school. The boy may even take a scholarship that should go to a girl. Also, the boy may also be allowed to prance around naked in the girls locker room.

Sometimes there are slippery slopes. The middle school girls were right to protest competing against the boy at that event. Otherwise the boy will be allowed to continue to compete against the girls throughout middle school and high school. The boy may even take a scholarship that should go to a girl. Also, the boy may also be allowed to prance around naked in the girls locker room.
I do like the domino theory as it applies to this massively important topic.

Almost as bad as this:

The slippery slope one should be worried about is this. The girls didn't even try. You should always try your best. That is the essence of sports. I hope, when faced with something that is unfair in the future (and I believe this was unfair), they don't quit again.

I do like the domino theory as it applies to this massively important topic.

Almost as bad as this:

The slippery slope one should be worried about is this. The girls didn't even try. You should always try your best. That is the essence of sports. I hope, when faced with something that is unfair in the future (and I believe this was unfair), they don't quit again.

I personally think it's ridiculous for this to be going on, but women brought it on themselves! Many demand equality at every opportunity even when it comes to H2H combat! Was watching a podcast of silly girls the other day and there was one who TRULY believed her Mother could defend her from a martial artist! Women have become more delusional as time's gone on unfortunately! The Williams Sisters thought they could compete against guys, but even though they were at the top of women's tennis, someone ranked #200, Karsten Braasch beat them badly in 1998 while hungover, unshaven, smoking a cigarette! In today's game they wouldn't win a point! :rolleyes: :stir::nono::meow::p

Forum List

Back