Fixing America: 1st step...make military TRULY all-volunteer

Oh! You were thinking about politicians! Of course. A person of limited intelligence would. Can you think of anyone else who might have a bit of an interest? I'll bet you can if you really try.

Who else but politicians send people to war, numskull?

Awwwww. Aren't you just the sweetest thing! Precious.

Stop hitting on me, I don't date trannys. Since you're obviously a Mensa member, why don't you explain who you were talking about when you said people who wouldn't send their own into war. You'll have to dumb it down for me, being you're sooooo smart, and I'm not.

And one of them is that I wish they'd make the military all volunteer. TRULY all volunteer. What do I mean? I mean no contracts. If a military member refuses to do his job, or leaves, he is AWOL and could be thrown in jail.

Trying to make the military subject to political whims. Wow, that makes sense. Anyone who wants to use the military to make political statements or be politicians on every decision doesn't belong in the military in the first place. As an example, I use myself. I come from a military family. My brother went to the Naval Academy, my cousin was an MP in the Air Force, they both were in Gulf War I. We go back to my great grandfather who was in the civil war, my uncle was in the army, my grandfather was in the army. However, I didn't join the military because I'm not a fit. I've always said I'd be an insubordination charge just waiting to happen. Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of our military. However, it's just not me. I'm a business guy, that's my love. Not everyone is cut from military cloth. That's fine. Anyone who is as you described wants to make day to day decisions on supporting or not supporting the military should do us all a favor and not join in the first place. You know, like me...

Last edited:
Who else but politicians send people to war, numskull?

Awwwww. Aren't you just the sweetest thing! Precious.

Stop hitting on me, I don't date trannys. Since you're obviously a Mensa member, why don't you explain who you were talking about when you said people who wouldn't send their own into war. You'll have to dumb it down for me, being you're sooooo smart, and I'm not.

Think. We are not in any hurry.

Just some thoughts on what I wish politicians would run on for 2016.

And one of them is that I wish they'd make the military all volunteer. TRULY all volunteer. What do I mean? I mean no contracts. If a military member refuses to do his job, or leaves, he is AWOL and could be thrown in jail.

It shouldn't be that way. It should be just like a police officer. You work at will. You can quit anytime you want. Do your job, and follow orders, or get fired and find a new job, but, no jail.

Why do that? Well, for one, I'm sick of the war loving radicals who say "we" need to go fight (insert country) everywhere in the world. When they say "we" they don't mean "we" they mean "they" as in the US troops. Our troops deserve better.

All these politicians and radical right wingers who clamor for wars....would they pick up that rifle and go fight if asked? HELL NO, but they'll preach that "we" need to "do something" about every craphole in the world.

Make it all volunteer, all the time. So, the ONLY time our military will fight....is when all our brave men and women decide its worth fighting.

When radicals on the right, or left, say we need to go intervene in Crapistan or wherever, but 60% of the Army says they just wont go do it, then there we go, instantly a smarter foreign policy.

DESCRETION. Its a tried and true way that for decades police depts. have been able to ignore stupid laws politicians pass or demand, because cops can just say "nope, not doing it".

Well, our men and women of the military deserve the same chance to say "Hey, Washington, this is fucking stupid, and we are NOT going to fight there, its not worth it".

I guarantee our foreign policy gets better, and if or when a REAL threat comes here....our military will destroy it without hesitation.

But God damn it, I'm sick of seeing our boys thrown into all these shitholes for no good reason, and face jail time if they dared to say no.

That's the worst idea I've heard in my life bucs.

It shouldn't be that way. It should be just like a police officer. You work at will. Y

We already have the no-contract solution, it's called the Militia, and it can only be compelled to serve during a time of invasion (not simply a "time of war").

Why does [MENTION=22689]bucs90[/MENTION] ignore the best response to his question?

Because it's utterly fucking retarded.

No, seriously, I really have to wonder what kind of paint-chip eating retard would even say something like that.

Modern soldiering is not a bunch of assholes showing up with their guns. It takes training, discipline and practice to get really good at it.

It shouldn't be that way. It should be just like a police officer. You work at will. You can quit anytime you want. Do your job, and follow orders, or get fired and find a new job, but, no jail.

Why do that? Well, for one, I'm sick of the war loving radicals who say "we" need to go fight (insert country) everywhere in the world. When they say "we" they don't mean "we" they mean "they" as in the US troops. Our troops deserve better.

All these politicians and radical right wingers who clamor for wars....would they pick up that rifle and go fight if asked? HELL NO, but they'll preach that "we" need to "do something" about every craphole in the world.

Make it all volunteer, all the time. So, the ONLY time our military will fight....is when all our brave men and women decide its worth fighting.

When radicals on the right, or left, say we need to go intervene in Crapistan or wherever, but 60% of the Army says they just wont go do it, then there we go, instantly a smarter foreign policy.

DESCRETION. Its a tried and true way that for decades police depts. have been able to ignore stupid laws politicians pass or demand, because cops can just say "nope, not doing it".

Well, our men and women of the military deserve the same chance to say "Hey, Washington, this is fucking stupid, and we are NOT going to fight there, its not worth it".

I guarantee our foreign policy gets better, and if or when a REAL threat comes here....our military will destroy it without hesitation.

But God damn it, I'm sick of seeing our boys thrown into all these shitholes for no good reason, and face jail time if they dared to say no.

I'm sure the Germans would love such a position during World War II. The landing on D-Day was the bravest advancement of our marines in the face of certain death. Why shouldn't half of those young soldiers just up and say "The hell with this!" ?? What would the results and repercussions have been?

I served in active duty as a "volunteer" along side special forces. I knew what I was getting into when I signed a government contract. I wanted to contribute my life towards the price of those freedoms I enjoy, freedoms that all came with a cost from those not willing to give up. Lives like those in Gettysburg, who fought for the idea of abolishing slavery, a battle which proved the bloodiest in United States History to date. They didn't quit, or choose to save their own selfish hides over a cause. If you don't like the military or what it stands for, you can simply choose to remain on the sidelines. The military isn't for everyone, but you should at least respect those who died to preserve and defend our freedoms.

Hey man....can you huff and puff some more? What does "alongside special forces" mean?

Why is it that so few of our USMB vets are able to be honest about their military service? Especially regarding the reason(s) that they joined?

I was a part of the USAF 16 Special Ops gunship squadron. The reason I joined was because I support the idea of giving back to my country through volunteer service. I respect those who give their lives to defend the values and freedoms we have. Try living in another country for a time, perhaps you won't take your freedoms so easily for granted. Judging by your post, you much rather find it easier to critize those who have the courage to do something you can't. At least we can say those military vets were able to give something back to their country, for those rights we all enjoy. Some just have more respect towards those who serve than others.

I'm sure the Germans would love such a position during World War II. The landing on D-Day was the bravest advancement of our marines in the face of certain death. Why shouldn't half of those young soldiers just up and say "The hell with this!" ?? What would the results and repercussions have been?

I served in active duty as a "volunteer" along side special forces. I knew what I was getting into when I signed a government contract. I wanted to contribute my life towards the price of those freedoms I enjoy, freedoms that all came with a cost from those not willing to give up. Lives like those in Gettysburg, who fought for the idea of abolishing slavery, a battle which proved the bloodiest in United States History to date. They didn't quit, or choose to save their own selfish hides over a cause. If you don't like the military or what it stands for, you can simply choose to remain on the sidelines. The military isn't for everyone, but you should at least respect those who died to preserve and defend our freedoms.

I truly hope it didn't come across as disrespectful, as I have a huge admiration for the military, and in fact, feel you guys are getting so short-changed by our government in that they gladly send you to war and find billions to do so..but never have the money to take proper car of you all when you return.

That said....would you still have done all that if not under contract? I say this out of ignorance since I don't know you.

I guess my biggest wish is that they would stop sending our troops into shitty situations for no real good reason. Normandy was a good reason. Somalia? Not.

You would be surprised what you learn when you serve overseas. For example, Italy doesn't have a volunteer military, everyone who graduates high school is required (not asked, not given a choice to volunteer) to serve [ I believe ] six years in the military for their country. At least we are given a choice. I personally don't understand why, knowing what you are getting into, people think they have the right to refuse or think they should up and quit? Perhaps their own "preferred" view of the military would be different, if the government had decided likewise, they didn't feel like supporting your college education through the Montgomery GI Bill? Nice idea, but we [ the government ] don't feel obligated to support your efforts towards a degree. After all, is this not also why a large group of them choose to join the military to begin with?

Bucs, I have to disagree with you, i think that holding people to a contract is really the only method to instill discipline.

Particularly when you are talking about young people who don't have a lot of it to start with.

Another good point, the average age of those fighting our wars is quite young, and they are very different than a 30+ year old.

Guess my gripe is the moron politicians making decisions that screw over our military folks more so than the structure of the military and its contracts.

but again, whose fault is that? we keep voting these idiots in.

I think a bigger problem in the military is it's unwillingness to let people go even when they prove unfit for military service. They wanted to Wash out Bradley...er...Chelsea Manning in Boot Camp, but someone insisted on keeping him. Look how well that turned out.

Nidal Hasan was batshit crazy and didn't want to be in the Army. They not only whitewashed his questionable record, they promoted the idiot.

What would be the view if Patton wasn't as physically "fit" as most of those marines coming out of boot camp? Should their military worth be judged strictly by their physical abilities alone?

That's just stupid.

If you volunteer for the military you should fulfill your commitment to them. The soldiers need to be able to know they can depend on one another or they would be unable to function. If we did it your way, people who kept their commitments would have their lives at risk by people who conveniently run away at key moments.

You want the blood of honorable Americans on your hand?

Forum List

Back