Fixing Inequality

Inequality is endemic to the species. Without it there would be no "dream"...only sameness. Embrace it and strive to come out on top. That's what God intended.

1. STOP giving out welfare to the healthy.

2. STOP extending unemployment.

3. DEMAND work or volunteering for welfare.

4. Institute a flat tax.

5. Don't elect progressives.

6. Get off your lazy fucking ass and do it your damn self.

7. Your welcome.

Punishing the unemployed and those that have tried to do it themselves is not going to work. When small businesses are straddled with increased regulation, taxes, unlimited legal liability, egregious environmental liability, what is the unemployed to do? Coupled with that, the unemployed are straddled with high energy costs.

This is the result of electing Progressives. The milquetoast Rinos need to change that or the Rinos need to be removed. It's that simple.

Liberals need to figure out how to fix the unfairness in the world...

Short people have a hard time making the NBA.
Ugly people have a hard time becoming models.
Lazy people have a hard time keeping a job.
Dumb people have a hard time getting into MIT.

Come on liberals.....it is all just sooooooo unfair.

The very rich are doing everything they can to take all the money and leave the rest poor. Look at all the jobs shipped overseas, hiding money in foreign countries, fighting the unions... Meanwhile they get all kinds of corporate welfare. Your comparison isn't the same as nobody is going around making people ugly, but the rich are doing all they can to make more poor.

Inequality is endemic to the species. Without it there would be no "dream"...only sameness. Embrace it and strive to come out on top. That's what God intended.

Doesn't god say help the poor?

The very rich are doing everything they can to take all the money and leave the rest poor. Look at all the jobs shipped overseas, hiding money in foreign countries, fighting the unions... Meanwhile they get all kinds of corporate welfare. Your comparison isn't the same as nobody is going around making people ugly, but the rich are doing all they can to make more poor.
Are you still around spewing this childish pap?

The utopia believers will always think that 'inequality' can be fixed by government.. it is a myth they fully believe

Actually it is not really a hope in a utopia but a fear of dystopia that would result from 4 more decades of unchecked growth in income inequality.

Although you probably don't even know what the income inequality problem is.

It is the degree of income inequality that is problematic, not the fact that there is some.

The utopia believers will always think that 'inequality' can be fixed by government.. it is a myth they fully believe

Actually it is not really a hope in a utopia but a fear of dystopia that would result from 4 more decades of unchecked growth in income inequality.

There is nothing that guarantees, nor that should guarantee, that you can only be so far behind person x or set of persons y....

The income inequality problem is that you feel that what others earn or collect prevents you from gaining more yourself.. and that because others have succeeded, they deserve to be treated unequally by government to make up for your personal difficulties earning or collecting in your personal life

It is the degree of income inequality that is problematic, not the fact that there is some.

It would be a problem IF we had true poverty like there is in India. We don't. Our poor are inordinately comfortable. They don't go without. They don't suffer the misery of poverty but the misery of envy.

It would be a problem IF we had true poverty like there is in India. We don't. Our poor are inordinately comfortable. They don't go without. They don't suffer the misery of poverty but the misery of envy.

A good example is healthcare.

The poor were afforded the right to go to the ER at no cost to themselves. The state (taxpayer) picked up the cost.

So our legislators (on the left) made it out as being INHUMANE to force the poor to have to go to the ER for healthcare.

Inhumane? Really? There are folks all over the world that would give their right arm to be treated in ANY medical environment..

Our poor are poor by comparison to others in our society....but by no means severely uncomfortable.

There is nothing that guarantees, nor that should guarantee, that you can only be so far behind person x or set of persons y....

The income inequality problem is that you feel that what others earn or collect prevents you from gaining more yourself.. and that because others have succeeded, they deserve to be treated unequally by government to make up for your personal difficulties earning or collecting in your personal life

Thanks for demonstrating clearly to me and everyone else that you don't know what the income inequality problem is just like I predicted.

There are a lot of reasons why any individual person in the bottom 10% of income would be there and why the person that is in the top .01% is where they are. I am not interested in any of them really. I am interested in macro economic trends that impact large markets over time which in turn shape a nation.

For example if there is a capital flow imbalance into the US of lets say $100 billion a year I know that will impact our economy. I know it will impact the labor market that is competitive with foreign labor. I know it will make capital more available which will help financial institutions and increase debt. I know that over time it will result in growing income inequality. I also know that if the labor market is eroded enough the nation will stagnate just like it has.

It leads to more dependence on government which is inefficient. It leads to more people out of work or underemployed which is inefficient. It leads to problems with communities that implode in on themselves as jobs go away. It leads to more people in prison. It leads to problems with our education system. I can go on but I hope you get the point.

A good example is healthcare.

The poor were afforded the right to go to the ER at no cost to themselves. The state (taxpayer) picked up the cost.

So our legislators (on the left) made it out as being INHUMANE to force the poor to have to go to the ER for healthcare.

Inhumane? Really? There are folks all over the world that would give their right arm to be treated in ANY medical environment..

Our poor are poor by comparison to others in our society....but by no means severely uncomfortable.

There are two problems.

1) ER care is horribly inefficient in terms of cost. It is a waste to have people going to an ER when they could have gone to a GP.

2) People without insurance wait too long to address health problems leading to more deaths, more costs, and more inefficiency.

Your example is a fine example of how ideology that is based on efficiency can be wrong and lead to gross inefficiencies AND failure to meet generally agreed upon moral standards.

Last edited:

Are you still around spewing this childish pap?

Are you still denying the obvious?

Thanks for demonstrating clearly to me and everyone else that you don't know what the income inequality problem is just like I predicted.

There are a lot of reasons why any individual person in the bottom 10% of income would be there and why the person that is in the top .01% is where they are. I am not interested in any of them really. I am interested in macro economic trends that impact large markets over time which in turn shape a nation.

For example if there is a capital flow imbalance into the US of lets say $100 billion a year I know that will impact our economy. I know it will impact the labor market that is competitive with foreign labor. I know it will make capital more available which will help financial institutions and increase debt. I know that over time it will result in growing income inequality. I also know that if the labor market is eroded enough the nation will stagnate just like it has.

You consider it a problem. when in fact it is an essential part of freedom.. you think it is something the government must control for the sake of the ones you FEEL sorry for... it is not

It leads to more dependence on government which is inefficient. It leads to more people out of work or underemployed which is inefficient. It leads to problems with communities that implode in on themselves as jobs go away. It leads to more people in prison. It leads to problems with our education system. I can go on but I hope you get the point.

For ones like you wish to allow dependence on government.. instead of eliminating programs that lead to that very dependence, rather than having people keep to their own responsibilities and be forced to work them out all on their own.. this is not a job for the federal government, in any way, shape, or form

Forum List

Back