FLASHBACK 1994: Dick Cheney Says That Invading Iraq Would...

Oscar Wao

Victory is Mine
Dec 15, 2008
...cause a QUAGMIRE in the region! Did he hit his head on a rock and get amnesia between 1994 and 2003? Because he should have heeded his OWN sound advice!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I&feature=kp]Cheney '94: Invading Baghdad Would Create Quagmire - YouTube[/ame]

A Zogby poll in March 2006 found that 72% of US soldiers in Iraq said the war should be ended within a year, and a quarter said that all troops should be withdrawn immediately. It's time to send the Bush's, Cheney's, Rumsfeld's & Wolfowitz's to Iraq to fix their fuck-ups.

Last edited:
It's not the invading that caused the problem. It was the releasing the radical and the people running in fear.

A Zogby poll in March 2006 found that 72% of US soldiers in Iraq said the war should be ended within a year, and a quarter said that all troops should be withdrawn immediately. It's time to send the Bush's, Cheney's, Rumsfeld's & Wolfowitz's to Iraq to fix their fuck-ups.

They should start another Abraham Lincoln Brigade...and all those who want the U.S. back in Iraq can join and go themselves. :D

Cheney hadn't come to realization of all the $$$$$$ Haliburton and KBR could make on regime change.

They should start another Abraham Lincoln Brigade...and all those who want the U.S. back in Iraq can join and go themselves. :D

I'm all for that, and let "The Decider" lead them into battle.

disbanding their military was effing stupid. bush mishandled iraq severely and we are now still paying the price.

Fortunately Saddam was very cooperative with adhering to no-fly zones and weapons inspections and no cataclysmic events like 9-11 transpired in that time frame.

Fortunately Saddam was very cooperative with adhering to no-fly zones and weapons inspections and no cataclysmic events like 9-11 transpired in that time frame.

Even if 9-11 had occurred in 1994 I doubt Clinton would have invaded Iraq.

disbanding their military was effing stupid. bush mishandled iraq severely and we are now still paying the price.

Exactly.

Every once in a while, I used to get the urge to put the uniform back on. Then I would remember I already served for a little over 20 years and what a shitty life it had been, and how I have been made to feel like the world's biggest sucker for having served that long.

It is someone else's turn now. Go for it.

As for Iraq, I knew we were going to have to go back to war with him again. It was obvious to everyone on active duty serving over there.

The reason things are in the mess they are is because idiot Bush demobilized the Iraqi Army. He cut all those people loose and let them go home with their guns instead of using them to keep the region stabilized like we did with German and Japanese troops at the end of WWII. Stupid idiot fuck.

This will go down as the biggest military blunder in US history. If he hadn't done that, we would not have had the losses we had, and Iraq would be prospering and peaceful today.

Bush was an unmitigated dumbass.

Last edited:
FLASHFOWARD

it's 2014; left-wing losers desperate to deflect attention away from the disastrous tenure of the Democrat in office right now

Forum List

Back