Florida boy, 8, suspended from school after using finger as imaginary gun

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I remember the days when I used to play tackle football at recess and emulate Troy Aikman of the Dallas Cowboys at school. Now a kid can't even play cops and robbers without getting suspended. Has the liberal gun control agenda taken control our children's freedom of expression on the playground? What's the deal here?

An 8-year-old Florida boy was suspended from school after using his finger as a pretend gun while playing cops and robbers with his friends.

Jordan Bennett was suspended for a day after administrators at Harmony Community School in Harmony, Fla., said the gesture was an act of violence, WFTV.com reported.

His mother, Bonnie, told the station she's concerned that her son may labeled violent with a suspension now on his academic record.

"He had nothing in his hand. It was a finger gun, a pretend gun," Bonnie Bennett said. "He didn't threaten violence. He didn't utter words that were inappropriate. He made a sound and used his fingers and that was it."

School district officials told the station its code of conduct prohibits students from playing with invisible guns. Bonnie Bennett believes there are more effective ways the district could have disciplined her son.

Florida boy, 8, suspended from school after using finger as imaginary gun | Fox News

florida-cut-away.gif

I'm for this who's with me

• Thanks
Reactions: Nox
I remember the days when I used to play tackle football at recess and emulate Troy Aikman of the Dallas Cowboys at school. Now a kid can't even play cops and robbers without getting suspended. Has the liberal gun control agenda taken control our children's freedom of expression on the playground? What's the deal here?

An 8-year-old Florida boy was suspended from school after using his finger as a pretend gun while playing cops and robbers with his friends.

Jordan Bennett was suspended for a day after administrators at Harmony Community School in Harmony, Fla., said the gesture was an act of violence, WFTV.com reported.

His mother, Bonnie, told the station she's concerned that her son may labeled violent with a suspension now on his academic record.

"He had nothing in his hand. It was a finger gun, a pretend gun," Bonnie Bennett said. "He didn't threaten violence. He didn't utter words that were inappropriate. He made a sound and used his fingers and that was it."

School district officials told the station its code of conduct prohibits students from playing with invisible guns. Bonnie Bennett believes there are more effective ways the district could have disciplined her son.

Florida boy, 8, suspended from school after using finger as imaginary gun | Fox News

yet more lib dumb-fuckism on display:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/24/7th-grader-suspended-for-playing-with-airsoft-gun-in-own-yard/

There was a thread on this last week. The facts are the same. The Florida Department of Education, the Osceola County School Board and the municipality of Harmony, Florida are Republican through and through.

This is a dopey suspension.......but it is not a liberal one.

And....TK.....when you are discussing an athlete as well known as Troy Aikman, it is not necessary to tell us where he played. People who don't know this already, don't care. You should have used your memories of playing with action figures instead. You were the weirdo who gave Barbie a helmet and sword, right?

You know, I remember a few weeks ago, you guys were all going apeshit when a kid was caught shooting an air-gun in his backyard.

Then we got the rest of the story that he was shooting at people at a bus stop and this wasn't the first time he had been in trouble.

Why do I get the feeling this isn't the first time this kid has been in trouble?

There was a thread on this last week. The facts are the same. The Florida Department of Education, the Osceola County School Board and the municipality of Harmony, Florida are Republican through and through.

And....TK.....when you are discussing an athlete as well known as Troy Aikman, it is not necessary to tell us where he played. People who don't know this already, don't care. You should have used your memories of playing with action figures instead. You were the weirdo who gave Barbie a helmet and sword, right?

Tampon's favorite...

stripper.jpg

Tampon's Favorite.....

stripper.jpg

Hey, this is you right about now:

ps_gm_head-on-fire_00281.jpg

If you are trying to troll my thread, you will fail. Liberal gun control paranoia has swept school systems far and wide. If a kid can't play cops and robbers with his friends, just what is he allowed to do?

Are you still mad about being whipped on the Kellermann study? Good.

Last edited:

Tampon's Favorite.....

Hey, this is you right about now:

If you are trying to troll my thread, you will fail. Liberal gun control paranoia has swept school systems far and wide. If a kid can't play cops and robbers with his friends, just what is he allowed to do?

Are you still mad about being whipped on the Kellermann study? Good.

You mean where you demonstrated you had no idea what Kellerman had actually proved after I explained it to you three times, and haven't been on that thread since?

Again, you have no idea what this kid's history is. He might be a seriously mal-adjusted kid whose parents refuse to give him his Ritalin. Because that's what we USUALLY find out with these stories, the kid had a pretty serious record of being a problem.

He was probably pointing his finger at another kid to tattle on him. You know all about that don't you, Tampy?

I remember in elementary school when a friend of mine was caught bringing a knife and unloaded gun to school. He wasn't a violent kid by any means. He just wanted to show them off in front of his friends. When the teacher told him to go see the school secretary (our teacher was also the principal) he refused. Our teacher had to pick up his desk, and carry him to the office in it. My friend received a two day suspension for it.

Fast forward to middle school, and we were forced to go through metal detectors everyday. This same harmless kid would have not only been expelled, but most likely sent to a juvenile detention center. This PC bullshit is quickly growing out of control.

EDIT: I'm not justifying children bringing weapons to school, but I think we should be judging them on a case by case basis. Things are getting out of control when a child can be punished for playing cops and robbers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back