🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Democrat Rep calls Florida's proposed permitless carry law, 'fascism'

I have a CCW permit. I don't think permitless carry law is a good idea. While many, if not most, criminals will get guns illegally, some may be stopped from obtaining a gun by the strict requirements, and some lives could be saved. If even one life is saved, that's worthwhile. That one life could be yours (ie. whoever is reading this)

PS - I'd like to see a link to the claim that >>>
If you have a CCW permit, you are on some government's list of people to go after if they ever decide to confiscate Americans' weapons...and Biden and other Democrats have PROMISED to do just that...or haven't you been paying attention?

It's going to take me some time and effort to deal with your little handbook here, but here goes. Hope you appreciate the tutoring.

1. A permit is not much different than a driver's license, a security officer license, or any other license which is designed to PROTECT the public, from those who would be put in a position to do something that they are not qualified, or able to do safely. Permitless gun carrying is lunacy, which could put guns in the hands of serial killers, insane people, criminals with long criminal rap sheet records, etc. Nothing could be dumber. Whenever I hear objections to CCW permits, I suspect I'm talking to someone who, for some reason or another, is not able to obtain a CCW permit, and probably for good reason. Otherwise, they should have little or no objection.

2. Duly elected representitives having the power to decide for you when you may have your Constitutional Rights, is nothing new or unusual, at all. They make laws doing that all the time. Many are on the books and have been there for over 200 years. Example - 1st Amendment - many laws limit free speech > perjury, slander, libel, inciting a riot, threats, copyright infringement, etc.

3. Denying constitutional rights without just cause is wrong, but the answer to that is effective/reasonable legislating, not carelessly granting total freedom, in disregard of public safety.

4. The deterrence effect on criminals of knowing that anyone around them could be armed, is not dependent on permitless CCW law. It is in full operation right now, with CCW law that has permit CCW carriers being anywhere in public.

5. You dont have to hold my hand, but what you do have to do, if you want to be believed as a responsible poster in this forum, is to post sources/links to back up what you claim. Second time I'm having to ask for that. Your job - not mine.

6. Being willing to place your Constitutional RIGHTS in the hands of 3rd parties (elected representitives), is how our country functions, and it restricts freedoms in many ways by LAWS. These laws are PROTECTIONIST, by design, same as my display name in this forum.
Total nonsense, of course. The 2nd Amendment IS absolute and very easy to understand. It was written the way it was so ANYONE could understand it, even those with limited reading comprehension skills...apparently such as yourself. The 2nd Amendment doesn't "grant" any rights. It merely acknowledges that such rights exist by virtue of our being free citizens and enjoins the government from interfering with those rights. No government employee, elected OR appointed is competent to decide for anyone else if they should be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights as citizens...period. Especially those rights closely tied to their ability to defend themselves against predators OR government bureaucrats.

If you have a CCW permit, you are on some government's list of people to go after if they ever decide to confiscate Americans' weapons...and Biden and other Democrats have PROMISED to do just that...or haven't you been paying attention?
When you buy a gun you're on the FBI list for that gun. A Carry Permit just lets you carry it instead of having it in a gun safe.

This guy must have been absent the day his night school class discussed the meaning of fascism

Fascism is the new buzz word that has been programmed into all of the non-player characters on the left. They have no idea what it is.

I have a CCW permit. I don't think permitless carry law is a good idea. While many, if not most, criminals will get guns illegally, some may be stopped from obtaining a gun by the strict requirements, and some lives could be saved. If even one life is saved, that's worthwhile. That one life could be yours (ie. whoever is reading this)

PS - I'd like to see a link to the claim that >>>

No gun law will stop a crook or street thug or druggie or gang banger from carrying a firearm if they want.

This law doesn't change much. The CWP is so easy to get in Florida and to renew that anybody that wants to carry has one. There are 2.5 million CWP holders in Florida.

Most people that have a permit will continue to renew it because it prevents having to deal with the local regulations on having wait times when purchasing a firearm.

About the only thing it does is allow people like my wife to carry a firearm if she wants. She has no inclination to do so so she never bothered to get a permit. Now she could legally carry if she wants.

The law they are considering is actually a big compromise. We real Floridians want real Constitutional Carry, which includes open carry. However, the filthy ass tourists lobby pays well and don't want open carry because they think it might scare away a tourist or two so now we have this stupid watered down version.

Even that watered down version is not acceptable to these asshole Democrats.

When you buy a gun you're on the FBI list for that gun. A Carry Permit just lets you carry it instead of having it in a gun safe.
Or you can just buy it a gun show. No tracing. You hand them the money and they hand you the gun.

You got a point here ? Speak it.

Total nonsense, of course. The 2nd Amendment IS absolute and very easy to understand. It was written the way it was so ANYONE could understand it, even those with limited reading comprehension skills...apparently such as yourself. The 2nd Amendment doesn't "grant" any rights. It merely acknowledges that such rights exist by virtue of our being free citizens and enjoins the government from interfering with those rights. No government employee, elected OR appointed is competent to decide for anyone else if they should be allowed to exercise their constitutional rights as citizens...period. Especially those rights closely tied to their ability to defend themselves against predators OR government bureaucrats.
So they turned you down, huh ? Probably for good reason.
We got enough troubles without giving violent criminals and nutjobs easy access to guns.

All races. Good luck getting a carry permit in an urban plantation.
When I travel I need to plot a course thru states with reciprocity. That's bullshit.
CCW should nationwide. This is one of the first things that Trump correctly advocated as president. We need to get him back.

Last edited:
Fascism is the new buzz word that has been programmed into all of the non-player characters on the left. They have no idea what it is.
Actually it (fascism) quite well describes what they (the left) subscribe to.
1. favor BIG government
2. Support regulation of businesses and people
3. Support high degree of gun control
4. engage in suppression of free speech
5. violate Constitution - illegally lock up hundreds of protesters without trial (deny due process of law)

No gun law will stop a crook or street thug or druggie or gang banger from carrying a firearm if they want.

This law doesn't change much. The CWP is so easy to get in Florida and to renew that anybody that wants to carry has one. There are 2.5 million CWP holders in Florida.

Most people that have a permit will continue to renew it because it prevents having to deal with the local regulations on having wait times when purchasing a firearm.

About the only thing it does is allow people like my wife to carry a firearm if she wants. She has no inclination to do so so she never bothered to get a permit. Now she could legally carry if she wants.

The law they are considering is actually a big compromise. We real Floridians want real Constitutional Carry, which includes open carry. However, the filthy ass tourists lobby pays well and don't want open carry because they think it might scare away a tourist or two so now we have this stupid watered down version.

Even that watered down version is not acceptable to these asshole Democrats.
I know 5 people here in Florida who applied for a CCW permit and were turned down (and rightfully so). I wouldn't be surprised if they obtained guns illegally, but that doesn't mean we should make it easy for them.

One of these guys went to prison 10 years ago, for armed robbery, in which he fired his gun. He's back on the street now, and I think he's worse now than he was before.

I know 5 people here in Florida who applied for a CCW permit and were turned down (and rightfully so). I wouldn't be surprised if they obtained guns illegally, but that doesn't mean we should make it easy for them.

One of these guys went to prison 10 years ago, for armed robbery, in which he fired his gun. He's back on the street now, and I think he's worse now than he was before.
If they wanted to do something bad with a gun not having a card in their wallet would not stop them.

Most of the gun crimes in Florida (and most states) are committed by people that have no regards for the law and any law the legislature passes will have no impact on them.

Follow Missouri's example.

Only local sheriff's departments have the list of CCW holders.

If they wanted to do something bad with a gun not having a card in their wallet would not stop them.

Most of the gun crimes in Florida (and most states) are committed by people that have no regards for the law and any law the legislature passes will have no impact on them.
:disagree: As I already said some thugs won't be stopped by not being able to buy a gun legally. They'll get one illegally. Others will be stopped. The situation is not as absolute as you make it out to be,

This guy must have been absent the day his night school class discussed the meaning of fascism.

Democratic Rep. Maxwell Frost says Florida's proposed permitless carry law is 'fascism'​

Rep. Frost said the proposed law 'will result in death'​

Democrats are fucking stupid.

You have to be entirely fucking stupid in the first place, to be a Democrat.

:disagree: As I already said some thugs won't be stopped by not being able to buy a gun legally. They'll get one illegally. Others will be stopped. The situation is not as absolute as you make it out to be,
Nobody is ever going to be stopped from committing a crime with a firearm by any law.

The street thugs that commit most of the gun crime in this country don't abide by any law. They are already doing non permit carry.

Forum List

Back