Florida GOP Wants a WAR With Disney - Attempting to Remove the Rights they've had since 1967

Florida GOP lawmakers are seeking to punish Disney by revoking the self-governing charter they’ve had since 1967. Disney has it’s own police, fire, and building codes.

GOPers are MAD that Disney does not support the Don't Say Gay Bill. Disney is one of the LARGEST companies on the planet - this is an unwise war by the GOP, but then again...

Well...nevermind...

Good.

Take the fight to the lefties.

Drop it right on their front door.

Fuck Disney. No one wants to work for them anyway.

Florida GOP lawmakers are seeking to punish Disney by revoking the self-governing charter they’ve had since 1967. Disney has it’s own police, fire, and building codes.

GOPers are MAD that Disney does not support the Don't Say Gay Bill. Disney is one of the LARGEST companies on the planet - this is an unwise war by the GOP, but then again...

Well...nevermind...

There is no "dont say gay bill", therefore people on the right are naturally annoyed when someone claims that there is such a bill.

Yes, I have.

Does not really address my statement though. Size is not relevant, every entity in the nation falls under the applicable laws. I do not support carve outs of law anywhere. If there needs to be carve outs then there does not need to be a law in the first place or it needs changes.

Disney should not have special considerations whatsoever. I actually agree with the rescinded order, I disagree with the motivations. The gov should not be pursuing petty political retribution but no company should be getting the carve outs in the first place.

That is the problem with carve outs though, they place the company in a compromised space where it is beholden to governmental retribution. Should the special circumstances not have existed in the first place, there would be no special hammer that DeSantis could wield against them.
So size doesn't matter? Is that what your female partners say?

Disney actually sits in two counties. They assume all of the governmental functions and costs associated with their properties. I am not sure why you use the term "carve out" to describe their independence and self-sufficiency. Why is that a bad thing for the state of Florida and those counties? It was a win-win for both Disney and the state for 55 years, and it continues to be.

I was at Disney for several days during the last few days of February and the first of March. It was incredible, and there was none of the "woke" attitude I saw in the 3 three parks and the new Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser where we were the first guests ever to stay in the "hotel" and enjoy the 3-day, 2 night "experience". It's like being in a 3-day movie with technology you would not believe.

I don't agree with Disney's position but we know it all centers on a very small group of "woke" employees who didn't read the bill. That just like every libtard crack-pot idea that comes along. Thy misunderstand the issue.

Well...nevermind...

Where in the bill does it say you can’t say “gay”?

It's creepy how the Right, the GOP, is focused so much on the things that attract children. Yes, I'm looking at you Cancun Cruz with your "Green Eggs & Ham", your Big Bird, etc. Very creepy.
What is creepy is the mindset that has hijacked Disney as a vehicle for indoctrinating children towards a lifestyle vs. letting them be.

Yes, having lived at Clearwater the memories do not compute with the schizoid narcissism of today's Florida. Capitalism itself seems to turn everything to shit.
Central Florida was a great place to live decades ago. I remember driving I-4 and not even seeing another vehicle for miles.

Then Disney built that fucking stupid amusement park. Then everybody and their little brown dog wanted to come down. Then it got crowded. It brought crime. It brought filth from all over the world. Now the corridor from Tampa to Deltona Beach has become one big city with undesirables.

Most of us multi generational Floridians have always been against development of the state. It did fine when the state was mostly agriculture and a Southern state.

I don't know why anybody would want to go to Disney World anyhow. It is expensive. The traffic around the area is terrible. It is crowded and long lines. Hot as hell most of the time. Thunderstorms in the summer. Hell, a few years ago a stupid tourists got eaten by a gator on the Disney property.

Like I said earlier, fuck Disney.

Wrong answer! The employees I spoke to at Disney were amazed at their good fortune to be working for Disney. Great pay, good benefits, and fantastic working conditions.
Not in Burbank. The corporate side of Disney is in Burbank, and people are leaving in droves. The IT people won't even apply over there anymore, they're like no thanks. They have vacancies they can't fill. The animators, same thing - no one wants to work for Disney.

Not in Burbank. The corporate side of Disney is in Burbank, and people are leaving in droves. The IT people won't even apply over there anymore, they're like no thanks. They have vacancies they can't fill. The animators, same thing - no one wants to work for Disney.
That's California which has no bearing on Florida. Why did you inject that deflection into the mix?

Well...nevermind...

If they support children Transforming then they need to be destroyed. Nothing else to talk about.

It's creepy how the Right, the GOP, is focused so much on the things that attract children. Yes, I'm looking at you Cancun Cruz with your "Green Eggs & Ham", your Big Bird, etc. Very creepy.
Yeah stopping you loons for sexualizing children. What's wrong with that?

Forum List

Back