Florida gun shop owner to make business "muslim free zone."

1876 called, they want their interpretation of legal precedent returned immediately!!!

God liberals are stupid.

ANY FUCKING BUSINESS CAN REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH ANY FUCKING BODY IT CHOOSES AT ANY TIME. Ever seen those signs, "no shoes, no shirt no service?" No law says they HAVE to do business with someone who is barefoot, they CHOOSE not to. And they have that right.

Good god, stupid just called, you're needed at the podium.

What you doubt doesn't matter a damn. The courts deal with that kind of thing all the time. If you are going to pull that you'd better be damn sure the video cameras are working. It's your word against the law, and that's an uphill climb.

I'm pretty sure you made that up and cannot produce a shred of evidence to support it.

It doesn't matter, for once (and I can't believe I'm saying this) PaintMyHouse actually got something right and I have to agree with him. Ya can't discriminate based on religion, it's covered under this little known document call the Constitution.......
Absolutely they can descriminate. It's a private business. Gov't can't descriminate but a business owner sure the hell can. Show me where, in the constitution, it tells private business owners who they can cater to.
You need to learn your laws.
Not selling a gun to someone because you think he might be a felon or an illegal alien isn't discrimination - it's the law.
You cannot sell to a known felon, that is the law. It's not about what you think, it's about what you can prove using the available methods of checking backgrounds.
Incorrect.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.... (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States
Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If I have cause to believe someone is a felon or illegal alien, it is against the law to sell the gun. Nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion.
Reasonable cause is not, Hey buddy, you look like a sand ****** to me. Unless you are willing to take it to court, if the background check is clear, sell them the gun.

I have refused to sell to several people over the years for various reasons. A guy came in to buy fourteen AR's, I didn't sell to him, another guy came in with a paper license, I didn't sell to him. I also didn't sell a gun to a guy that acted like he was fresh off the funny farm. There are many reasons why I will not sell to certain people and it's mostly just a gut feeling. I have yet to be sued or cited.
Further. nothing in any laws states you must sell the gun even if the background check comes back clean, as you still have "reason to believe" discretion.

It doesn't matter, for once (and I can't believe I'm saying this) PaintMyHouse actually got something right and I have to agree with him. Ya can't discriminate based on religion, it's covered under this little known document call the Constitution.......
Absolutely they can descriminate. It's a private business. Gov't can't descriminate but a business owner sure the hell can. Show me where, in the constitution, it tells private business owners who they can cater to.
Not selling a gun to someone because you think he might be a felon or an illegal alien isn't discrimination - it's the law.
You cannot sell to a known felon, that is the law. It's not about what you think, it's about what you can prove using the available methods of checking backgrounds.
Incorrect.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.... (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States

If I have cause to believe someone is a felon or illegal alien, it is against the law to sell the gun. Nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion.
Reasonable cause is not, Hey buddy, you look like a sand ****** to me. Unless you are willing to take it to court, if the background check is clear, sell them the gun.

It's more like " hey buddy, you look like someone that kills innocent people in the name of allah. Fuck off! ".

I have refused to sell to several people over the years for various reasons. A guy came in to buy fourteen AR's, I didn't sell to him, another guy came in with a paper license, I didn't sell to him. I also didn't sell a gun to a guy that acted like he was fresh off the funny farm. There are many reasons why I will not sell to certain people and it's mostly just a gut feeling. I have yet to be sued or cited.
Further. nothing in any laws states you must sell the gun even if the background check comes back clean, as you still have "reason to believe" discretion.
If you think it will hold up in court, fire away, pun intended. Better be a fucking good reason BTW.

Incorrect.

Your opinion here isn't relevant, only that of the dealer.

"I saw someone that looked like him on the wall at the PO, so I'm not going to take the chance".

More than enough to satisfy the law; nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion, and nothing in any laws states I must sell the gun even if the background check comes back clean, as I still have "reason to believe" discretion.

What law says he has to? I don't have to sell you a damn thing.
Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

When one uses one's own link to own one, one calls that pwnage.

From your link:

Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws.

What part of that says guns?

You're a fucking moron and you proved it.

Incorrect.

It's more like " hey buddy, you look like someone that kills innocent people in the name of allah. Fuck off! ".
Nope, that won't stand up in court either.

From your link:

Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws.

Most shops, even for guns, are Public Accommodations.

From your link:

heh. Guns should be above all of the other things since they are guaranteed us constitutionally.

CAIR supports terrorists...

FBI Reaffirms CAIR s Terrorist Ties RedState

CAIR Listed as a Terrorist Group Alongside Al Qaeda and the Islamic State TheBlaze.com

The Council on American-Islamic Relations and the Muslim American Society are each registering their outrage over reportedly being designated terrorist organizations by the United Arab Emirates.

The two American groups were listed alongside the Islamic State group, Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood branches, as well as European Muslim groups in Italy, Germany, Sweden, Norway and Finland, Britain’s Cordoba Foundation and the Muslim Association of Britain. The full list, numbering 83 groups, was approved by the UAE cabinet Saturday and wasposted by the official news agency WAM.

Federal Judge Agrees CAIR Tied to Hamas The Investigative Project on Terrorism

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has been connected to the terrorist organization Hamas, a federal judge said in a July 2009 ruling unsealed last week.

"The government has produced ample evidence to establish the associations of CAIR, ISNA, NAIT, with NAIT, the Islamic Association for Palestine, and with Hamas," U.S. District Court Judge Jorge Solis said in the July 1, 2009, ruling.

CAIR, the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT) had protested to Solis that they were incorrectly named as unindicted co-conspirators in the 2008 trial of the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development. Among the allegations, HLF was accused of having provided more than $12 million to Hamas. After a 2007 mistrial, five former HLF officials convicted on 108 counts, ranging from money laundering to conspiring to provide material support to terrorists.
Wouldn't matter a damn if they did support terror in this case, the other two morons are breaking the law and should be closed down. Replace the word Muslims with Jews and you'll see the problem. That's what the courts will see anyway.

The Jews in the US aren't going around shooting US Marines. Muslims are.
Then by that "logic" Christians should be banned as well, they do more shooting than either.

When was the last time a Christian shot any Marines or sailors?
We've had a few here and there in San Diego. The interesting thing is....people like you don't go apeshit of the religion of the shooter UNLESS they are Mooooslim.

I don't believe you.

ANY FUCKING BUSINESS CAN REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH ANY FUCKING BODY IT CHOOSES AT ANY TIME.
That is entirely untrue, and has been for decades. Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

Learn something today, it will do you good.

From your link:

Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination against certain protected groups.

Are barefooted people "certain protected groups"?

Scenarios in which refusals of service are warranted by law typically include situations where a customer’s presence would put the safety and welfare of the customer herself and/or others at risk. While state-specific health and duty of care laws vary, a place of public accommodation may typically refuse to serve a customer if:

• The patron lacks adequate personal hygiene (extreme body odor, excess dirt, etc.)
  • The patron is visibly intoxicated
  • The patron is unreasonably rowdy or causing trouble
  • The patron’s presence would overfill venue capacity
  • There is good reason to believe the patron will not be a paying customer
  • The patron has chosen not to abide by a venue’s neutral dress requirements, in a manner that is somehow within the patron’s control
That last point is important. It’s why although “no shirt, no shoes, no service” policies are rarely mandated by law, they are also rarely illegal, because they don’t discriminate against any particular category of person. Food for thought if you are barefoot-inclined in the summer months.

No Shirt No Shoes No Service What You Need to Know About Refusal-of-Service Laws - Shake Free Legal Contracts

Forum List

Back