Florida gun shop owner to make business "muslim free zone."

By definition, there is no such thing...

How so?
Full Definition of REASONABLE
a : being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory>

b : not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests>

c : moderate, fair <a reasonable chance> <a reasonable price>

d : inexpensive
a : having the faculty of reason

b : possessing sound judgment <a reasonable man>
Reasonable Definition of reasonable by Merriam-Webster

Religion is the opposite of reason, it's faith. Even the damn Bible says so.

I don't know what to tell you bro, your mind is clearly made up and closed off to considering evidence that challenges what you firmly believe. Ironically, you embody the exact sentiment that you allegedly revile in the devoutly religious. The unassailable certainty of your convictions.

Again, I know a LOT of very reasonable people who also happen to believe in God and go to church on Sunday. That's just a fact bro, I'm sorry if your brain can't seem to handle it.

It doesn't matter, for once (and I can't believe I'm saying this) PaintMyHouse actually got something right and I have to agree with him. Ya can't discriminate based on religion, it's covered under this little known document call the Constitution.......

Absolutely they can descriminate. It's a private business. Gov't can't descriminate but a business owner sure the hell can. Show me where, in the constitution, it tells private business owners who they can cater to.

You need to learn your laws.

By definition, there is no such thing...

How so?
Full Definition of REASONABLE
a : being in accordance with reason <a reasonable theory>

b : not extreme or excessive <reasonable requests>

c : moderate, fair <a reasonable chance> <a reasonable price>

d : inexpensive
a : having the faculty of reason

b : possessing sound judgment <a reasonable man>
Reasonable Definition of reasonable by Merriam-Webster

Religion is the opposite of reason, it's faith. Even the damn Bible says so.

I don't know what to tell you bro, your mind is clearly made up and closed off to considering evidence that challenges what you firmly believe. Ironically, you embody the exact sentiment that you allegedly revile in the devoutly religious. The unassailable certainty of your convictions.

Again, I know a LOT of very reasonable people who also happen to believe in God and go to church on Sunday. That's just a fact bro, I'm sorry if your brain can't seem to handle it.
There is no such thing as a reasonable person who believes it what can't be proven to exist. There's also no such thing as a reasonable person who believes in what cannot be proven not to exist either. Reasonable people deal only with what is known or what is unknown but likely to exist. God does not make the cut.

It doesn't matter, for once (and I can't believe I'm saying this) PaintMyHouse actually got something right and I have to agree with him. Ya can't discriminate based on religion, it's covered under this little known document call the Constitution.......
Absolutely they can descriminate. It's a private business. Gov't can't descriminate but a business owner sure the hell can. Show me where, in the constitution, it tells private business owners who they can cater to.
Not selling a gun to someone because you think he might be a felon or an illegal alien isn't discrimination - it's the law.

You couldn't be more wrong, and you need to learn the law as well as what extra-Constitutional means. It's a legal concept, like Public Accommodation laws.

There is no such thing as a reasonable person who believes it what can't be proven to exist. There's also no such thing as a reasonable person who believes in what cannot be proven not to exist either. Reasonable people deal only with what is known or what is unknown but likely to exist. God does not make the cut.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself I guess.

But I don't believe for a second that you don't know a single person who is religious that is also a generally reasonable person.

Not selling a gun to someone because you think he might be a felon or an illegal alien isn't discrimination - it's the law.
You cannot sell to a known felon, that is the law. It's not about what you think, it's about what you can prove using the available methods of checking backgrounds.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself I guess.

But I don't believe for a second that you don't know a single person who is religious that is also a generally reasonable person.
Anyone who believes in religion is unreasonable, by definition. And what you believe I couldn't give a damn about.

You cannot sell to a known felon, that is the law. It's not about what you think, it's about what you can prove using the available methods of checking backgrounds.

All the gun dealers needs to say is I'm sorry but you seem a bit agitated and I don't feel comfortable selling you firearms at this time.

Iverness gun store owner Shop is Muslim-free zone after... www.wftv.com

the muslims are all lathered up over this; well, if their's is a religion of peace why would they care about guns anyhow

they also want the doj to investigate.
ya know really cares about justice in this country
just ask the 21 attacks on military personnel in this country.

CAIR to Seek DOJ Probe of Muslim Free Zone Businesses in Florida New Hampshire Reuters
What.....now.....wait a sec

How are the Rags gonna get their guns to carry out jiihad?????

All the gun dealers needs to say is I'm sorry but you seem a bit agitated and I don't feel comfortable selling you firearms at this time.
If they are willing to stand by that in court, and pay for their attorney, have at it, but the court won't automatically rule in their favor. You can deny service but you'd better have a fucking good reason, one that will stand up in the courtroom...

Anyone who believes in religion is unreasonable, by definition

You already said that. Saying it again doesn't make it any less false.
It doesn't make it more true either, but it happens to be. If I believe that a giant green dragon lives in my underwear drawer and spies on me at night but I'm sane in all other aspects of life, does that make me a reasonable person? Yes, or no?

If they are willing to stand by that in court, and pay for their attorney, have at it, but the court won't automatically rule in their favor. You can deny service but you'd better have a fucking good reason, one that will stand up in the courtroom..

The plaintiff is going to have to pay for a lawyer too. And without a concrete case of "protected class" discrimination, I doubt it would ever get that far.

I have refused to sell to several people over the years for various reasons. A guy came in to buy fourteen AR's, I didn't sell to him, another guy came in with a paper license, I didn't sell to him. I also didn't sell a gun to a guy that acted like he was fresh off the funny farm. There are many reasons why I will not sell to certain people and it's mostly just a gut feeling. I have yet to be sued or cited.

Incorrect.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.... (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States
Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If I have cause to believe someone is a felon or illegal alien, it is against the law to sell the gun. Nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion.

It doesn't make it more true either, but it happens to be. If I believe that a giant green dragon lives in my underwear drawer and spies on me at night but I'm sane in all other aspects of life, does that make me a reasonable person? Yes, or no?

As long as you don't kill people because it tells you to, or don't try to shove it's existence down my throat, yes, absolutely. :thup:

If they are willing to stand by that in court, and pay for their attorney, have at it, but the court won't automatically rule in their favor. You can deny service but you'd better have a fucking good reason, one that will stand up in the courtroom..

The plaintiff is going to have to pay for a lawyer too. And without a concrete case of "protected class" discrimination, I doubt it would ever get that far.
What you doubt doesn't matter a damn. The courts deal with that kind of thing all the time. If you are going to pull that you'd better be damn sure the video cameras are working. It's your word against the law, and that's an uphill climb.

Forum List

Back