Florida gun shop owner to make business "muslim free zone."

A gun is not a public accomodation. Quit trying to crawfish your way out of this one. I used your own link to prove you wrong. It doesn't get any better than that.

Absolutely they can descriminate. It's a private business. Gov't can't descriminate but a business owner sure the hell can. Show me where, in the constitution, it tells private business owners who they can cater to.
You need to learn your laws.
Not selling a gun to someone because you think he might be a felon or an illegal alien isn't discrimination - it's the law.
You cannot sell to a known felon, that is the law. It's not about what you think, it's about what you can prove using the available methods of checking backgrounds.
Incorrect.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.... (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States
Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If I have cause to believe someone is a felon or illegal alien, it is against the law to sell the gun. Nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion.
Reasonable cause is not, Hey buddy, you look like a sand ****** to me. Unless you are willing to take it to court, if the background check is clear, sell them the gun.
Your opinion here isn't relevant, only that of the dealer.

"I saw someone that looked like him on the wall at the PO, so I'm not going to take the chance".

More than enough to satisfy the law; nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion, and nothing in any laws states I must sell the gun even if the background check comes back clean, as I still have "reason to believe" discretion.
Get a good lawyer, you'll need one soon enough with your misunderstanding of the laws.

Reasonable cause is not, Hey buddy, you look like a sand ****** to me. Unless you are willing to take it to court, if the background check is clear, sell them the gun.

What law says he has to? I don't have to sell you a damn thing.
Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

When one uses one's own link to own one, one calls that pwnage.

From your link:

Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws.

What part of that says guns?

You're a fucking moron and you proved it.
heh. Guns should be above all of the other things since they are guaranteed us constitutionally.
Not if you're not a US citizen.

From your link:

Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws.

heh. Guns should be above all of the other things since they are guaranteed us constitutionally.

You have the right to bear arms, I have the right not to sell you one.

A gun is not a public accomodation. Quit trying to crawfish your way out of this one. I used your own link to prove you wrong. It doesn't get any better than that.
The gun store is the PA, not the gun. From the link:

"Privately-owned/operated businesses and buildings. Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws. For purposes of disability discrimination, the definition of a "public accommodation" is even more broad, encompassing most businesses that are open to the public (regardless of type). - See more at:"

Guns and bullets are "goods"...

Not selling a gun to someone because you think he might be a felon or an illegal alien isn't discrimination - it's the law.
You cannot sell to a known felon, that is the law. It's not about what you think, it's about what you can prove using the available methods of checking backgrounds.
Incorrect.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.... (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States
Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If I have cause to believe someone is a felon or illegal alien, it is against the law to sell the gun. Nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion.
Your opinion here isn't relevant, only that of the dealer.

"I saw someone that looked like him on the wall at the PO, so I'm not going to take the chance".

More than enough to satisfy the law; nothing in any law says I must run a background check to confirm or deny that suspicion, and nothing in any laws states I must sell the gun even if the background check comes back clean, as I still have "reason to believe" discretion.
Get a good lawyer, you'll need one soon enough with your misunderstanding of the laws.
Your response here only illustrates the fact that you know you cannot demonstrate how my argument is unsound.
Thank for playing.

I'm not denying you a god damn pizza, I'm telling you to fuck off because people like you have a tendency to shoot people.

And I think what he could do, to appease liberal idiots who say that "shirtless" people are not a protected class.... just do this. Refuse to sell to any man with a beard or woman with a towel around her head. Bearded men aren't a protected class and neither are women wearing rags.

That outta do it!

It says CERTAIN GOODS YOU FUCKING LIBERAL IDIOT. NOT ALL GOODs.

From your link:

Especially when the law states that under certain circumstances it is illegal for you to do so.

ANY FUCKING BUSINESS CAN REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH ANY FUCKING BODY IT CHOOSES AT ANY TIME.
That is entirely untrue, and has been for decades. Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

Learn something today, it will do you good.

From your link:

Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination against certain protected groups.

Are barefooted people "certain protected groups"?

Scenarios in which refusals of service are warranted by law typically include situations where a customer’s presence would put the safety and welfare of the customer herself and/or others at risk. While state-specific health and duty of care laws vary, a place of public accommodation may typically refuse to serve a customer if:

• The patron lacks adequate personal hygiene (extreme body odor, excess dirt, etc.)
  • The patron is visibly intoxicated
  • The patron is unreasonably rowdy or causing trouble
  • The patron’s presence would overfill venue capacity
  • There is good reason to believe the patron will not be a paying customer
  • The patron has chosen not to abide by a venue’s neutral dress requirements, in a manner that is somehow within the patron’s control
That last point is important. It’s why although “no shirt, no shoes, no service” policies are rarely mandated by law, they are also rarely illegal, because they don’t discriminate against any particular category of person. Food for thought if you are barefoot-inclined in the summer months.

No Shirt No Shoes No Service What You Need to Know About Refusal-of-Service Laws - Shake Free Legal Contracts
Good, you're learning:

In United States Federal anti-discrimination law, a protected class is a characteristic of a person which cannot be targeted for discrimination.[1] The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.
Protected class - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Hope you noticed "religion" in there. That is why these shops are about to be spanked.

ANY FUCKING BUSINESS CAN REFUSE TO DO BUSINESS WITH ANY FUCKING BODY IT CHOOSES AT ANY TIME.
That is entirely untrue, and has been for decades. Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

Learn something today, it will do you good.

From your link:

Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination against certain protected groups.

Are barefooted people "certain protected groups"?

Scenarios in which refusals of service are warranted by law typically include situations where a customer’s presence would put the safety and welfare of the customer herself and/or others at risk. While state-specific health and duty of care laws vary, a place of public accommodation may typically refuse to serve a customer if:

• The patron lacks adequate personal hygiene (extreme body odor, excess dirt, etc.)
  • The patron is visibly intoxicated
  • The patron is unreasonably rowdy or causing trouble
  • The patron’s presence would overfill venue capacity
  • There is good reason to believe the patron will not be a paying customer
  • The patron has chosen not to abide by a venue’s neutral dress requirements, in a manner that is somehow within the patron’s control
That last point is important. It’s why although “no shirt, no shoes, no service” policies are rarely mandated by law, they are also rarely illegal, because they don’t discriminate against any particular category of person. Food for thought if you are barefoot-inclined in the summer months.

No Shirt No Shoes No Service What You Need to Know About Refusal-of-Service Laws - Shake Free Legal Contracts
Good, you're learning:

In United States Federal anti-discrimination law, a protected class is a characteristic of a person which cannot be targeted for discrimination.[1] The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.
Protected class - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Hope you noticed "religion" in there. That is why these shops are about to be spanked.

I'm not learning, I'm schooling you. Glad you are learning.

I'm not denying you a god damn pizza, I'm telling you to fuck off because people like you have a tendency to shoot people.

And I think what he could do, to appease liberal idiots who say that "shirtless" people are not a protected class.... just do this. Refuse to sell to any man with a beard or woman with a towel around her head. Bearded men aren't a protected class and neither are women wearing rags.

That outta do it!

It says CERTAIN GOODS YOU FUCKING LIBERAL IDIOT. NOT ALL GOOD.
Nearly all shops, selling just about everything to the public, are considered to be Public Accommodations.

In Florida: "It is unlawful for an individual to be denied access or to receive poor service or lesser quality accommodations because of his or her race, color, national origin, sex, disability, familial status or religion."

That outta do it!

It says CERTAIN GOODS YOU FUCKING LIBERAL IDIOT. NOT ALL GOOD.

What are you going to say when CAIR sends a fully decked out towelhead into that dealer's shop, with cameras, and then sues his ass off when he says he won't sell to him on account of him being a Muslim?

Will you accept that you're wrong, or will you perform amazing feats of self jedi mind-trickery to assuage your battered ego?

Just curious...

Religion?
He looks like a felon I saw on TV; according to federal law, I have discretion not to sell.
Better be able to prove that in court...
What's that? My argument is sound? You know it and hate the fact that you cannot show otherwise?
:lol:
Every court in the US will give the dealer the benefit of the doubt here.

From your link:

Ravi wants to take guns from us but instead sell them to terrorists.

Religion?
He looks like a felon I saw on TV; according to federal law, I have discretion not to sell.
Better be able to prove that in court...
What's that? My argument is sound? You know it and hate the fact that you cannot show otherwise?
:lol:
Every court in the US will give the dealer the benefit of the doubt here.
Don't count on it. And your argument is what ends up in court. As long as you are willing to suffer though that, knock yourself out but you aren't protected just because you sell guns.

Forum List

Back