Florida gun shop owner to make business "muslim free zone."

That would not be hard to do, if he is a member of a protected class, and we nearly all are...

Says you.

I notice you conveniently haven't provided any evidence to support your claim that the courts "deal with this stuff all the time."

In every case I've ever heard about, the defendant was dumb enough to openly acknowledge their protected class discrimination (i.e. the bakery that refused to sell to rug munchers).
Just like this: Man with hearing impairment files lawsuit against Bonita hotel - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers Cape Coral Naples Florida

Most people, however, follow the law instead so, do that.

Apples and groundhogs bro.

You'll need to do a lot better than that. :lol:
Nothing more is required. Both the hotel and the gun store are subject to the same PA laws. They are both open to the public, and that includes sand *******.

Two different forms of discrimination, both of which you'd better be prepared to defend in court.
How is not selling a gun to someone I believe cannot legally own a gun a form of discrimination?
How does refusing to do so violate public accommodation laws when the federal requires me to not sell the gun?
Learn what discrimination means, and while you can take that position you'd better be able to back it up. The guy looked like a felon to me isn't going to cut it.
Translation:
You cannot answer my questions.
How is not selling a gun to someone I believe cannot legally own a gun a form of discrimination?
How does refusing to do so violate public accommodation laws when the federal requires me to not sell the gun?
Well?
Discrimination means, in this case,selling to one but not another.
it isn't. why would you believe that?

The dealer had the legal right to refuse the sale for several reasons. If the buyer is from another state, if the buyer is under 21, if the buyer is not a citizen, if the buyer is under the influence, if the buyer buys multiple guns, if the buyer appears insane, if the buyer in the opinion of the dealer poses a threat to public safety, if the buyer is buying the gun for someone else.....etc.

Yeah sure, but if says in no uncertain terms that he refuses to sell specifically because the customer is a muslim, he will get sued and lose.

Learn what discrimination means, and while you can take that position you'd better be able to back it up. The guy looked like a felon to me isn't going to cut it.
Translation:
Well?
I just told you. Look up what the word means. In this case it can be, but not necessarily is, legal discrimination.
Are criminals a protected class?
Does refusing to sell someone a gun when the law says it is illegal to do so violate their rights?

Iverness gun store owner Shop is Muslim-free zone after... www.wftv.com

the muslims are all lathered up over this; well, if their's is a religion of peace why would they care about guns anyhow

they also want the doj to investigate.
ya know really cares about justice in this country
just ask the 21 attacks on military personnel in this country.

CAIR to Seek DOJ Probe of Muslim Free Zone Businesses in Florida New Hampshire Reuters
If christianity is a religion of peace why would they care about guns anyhow.

I hope the NRA gets on this...a clear case of trying to take away 2nd amendment rights based on religion (a little of 1st amendment too).

well I do a lot of whistle pig/rockchuck hunting, fox, coyote and the like.Can't say I've seen muslims out there doing the same.
Usually if a muslim has a gun, the intentions are a little more severe
I guess I could be classified a Christian, but I'll let God be the judge.
Maybe they want it for protection? Isn't that what you little morons say guns are for?

Hey, guys...

The Quaran requires Muslims to beat their wives at least once a year (whether they need it or not), and it's illegal to sell a gun to a wife-beater.

Hey, guys...
The Quaran requires Muslims to beat their wives at least once a year (whether they need it or not), and it's illegal to sell a gun to a wife-beater.
They also don't eat bacon, which is a 4th degree felony in every state.

Nothing more is required. Both the hotel and the gun store are subject to the same PA laws. They are both open to the public, and that includes sand *******.

I'm beginning to suspect you're being obtuse on purpose.

The example you posted is not even remotely germane to this discussion. Not all discrimination cases are alike. But you probably already know that.

paintmyhouse has painted himself into a corner.

painting-yourself-corner-cartoon-humor-concept-illustration-saying-proverb-50959159.jpg

The example you posted is not even remotely germane to this discussion. Not all discrimination cases are alike. But you probably already know that.
how is it different? failure to follow pa laws is failure to follow pa laws.

Discrimination, based on religion in a Public Accommodation, is illegal. That's all that's necessary to know in this case.

Translation:
Well?
I just told you. Look up what the word means. In this case it can be, but not necessarily is, legal discrimination.
You aren't soundly addressing my questions - clearly you understand that you haven't a leg to stand on here, and you have no hope of showing my position to be unsound.

Fact is that I am required by law to not sell a gun to anyone I believe cannot legally own a gun.

Fact is that if you want to claim that I did not sell you the gun not because I believed you were unable to legally own a gun but rather because I wanted to discriminate against you because of your status as a protected class, the onus is completely and fully on you to prove that I did so.discriminate -- including the burden to prove that I indeed had no reason to believe that you were unable to legally own a gun.

Fact is you know you have no chance of that happening because you cannot prove that I did NOT see whatever I said I saw to make me believe you were unable to legally own a gun.

Eat it and smile.
I eagerly await your response that will only serve to prove you know all of what I just said is true.

Forum List

Back