Florida gun shop owner to make business "muslim free zone."

That would not be hard to do, if he is a member of a protected class, and we nearly all are...

Says you.

I notice you conveniently haven't provided any evidence to support your claim that the courts "deal with this stuff all the time."

In every case I've ever heard about, the defendant was dumb enough to openly acknowledge their protected class discrimination (i.e. the bakery that refused to sell to rug munchers).

Better be able to prove that in court..
He doesn't have to prove that.
The burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove that it was protected class discrimination.
That would not be hard to do, if he is a member of a protected class, and we nearly all are...
Refusing to sell someone a gun because you thought you saw his picture on the "wanted" list on the PO wall or a "fugitive at large" story on the local news does not discriminate against a protected class; burden to prove discrimination is on the plaintiff.
So... you have nothing, and you know it.
:lol:

Hope you noticed "religion" in there. That is why these shops are about to be spanked.
Religion?
He looks like a felon I saw on TV; according to federal law, I have discretion not to sell.
Better be able to prove that in court...
What's that? My argument is sound? You know it and hate the fact that you cannot show otherwise?
Every court in the US will give the dealer the benefit of the doubt here.
Don't count on it. And your argument is what ends up in court. As long as you are willing to suffer though that, knock yourself out but you aren't protected just because you sell guns.
If I have suspicion,. the law requires me to not sell. <<< Protection
You cannot show this argument unsound.

Says you.

I notice you conveniently haven't provided any evidence to support your claim that the courts "deal with this stuff all the time."

In every case I've ever heard about, the defendant was dumb enough to openly acknowledge their protected class discrimination (i.e. the bakery that refused to sell to rug munchers).
Just like this: Man with hearing impairment files lawsuit against Bonita hotel - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers Cape Coral Naples Florida

Most people, however, follow the law instead so, do that.

I'm not denying you a god damn pizza, I'm telling you to fuck off because people like you have a tendency to shoot people.

And I think what he could do, to appease liberal idiots who say that "shirtless" people are not a protected class.... just do this. Refuse to sell to any man with a beard or woman with a towel around her head. Bearded men aren't a protected class and neither are women wearing rags.

That outta do it!

It says CERTAIN GOODS YOU FUCKING LIBERAL IDIOT. NOT ALL GOOD.

What are you going to say when CAIR sends a fully decked out towelhead into that dealer's shop, with cameras, and then sues his ass off when he says he won't sell to him on account of him being a Muslim?

Will you accept that you're wrong, or will you perform amazing feats of self jedi mind-trickery to assuage your battered ego?

Just curious...
The dealer had the legal right to refuse the sale for several reasons. If the buyer is from another state, if the buyer is under 21, if the buyer is not a citizen, if the buyer is under the influence, if the buyer buys multiple guns, if the buyer appears insane, if the buyer in the opinion of the dealer poses a threat to public safety, if the buyer is buying the gun for someone else.....etc.

The burden of proof is on the plaintiff to prove that it was protected class discrimination.
Refusing to sell someone a gun because you thought you saw his picture on the "wanted" list on the PO wall or a "fugitive at large" story on the local news does not discriminate against a protected class; burden to prove discrimination is on the plaintiff.
Two different forms of discrimination, both of which you'd better be prepared to defend in court.

I'm not denying you a god damn pizza, I'm telling you to fuck off because people like you have a tendency to shoot people.

And I think what he could do, to appease liberal idiots who say that "shirtless" people are not a protected class.... just do this. Refuse to sell to any man with a beard or woman with a towel around her head. Bearded men aren't a protected class and neither are women wearing rags.

That outta do it!

What are you going to say when CAIR sends a fully decked out towelhead into that dealer's shop, with cameras, and then sues his ass off when he says he won't sell to him on account of him being a Muslim?

Will you accept that you're wrong, or will you perform amazing feats of self jedi mind-trickery to assuage your battered ego?

Just curious...
The dealer had the legal right to refuse the sale for several reasons. If the buyer is from another state, if the buyer is under 21, if the buyer is not a citizen, if the buyer is under the influence, if the buyer buys multiple guns, if the buyer appears insane, if the buyer in the opinion of the dealer poses a threat to public safety, if the buyer is buying the gun for someone else.....etc.

Obama wants to make not balancing your checkbook a disqualified......why not being a Muslim looking to shoot up a recruitment office.

Two different forms of discrimination, both of which you'd better be prepared to defend in court.
How is not selling a gun to someone I believe cannot legally own a gun a form of discrimination?
How does refusing to do so violate public accommodation laws when the federal requires me to not sell the gun?

Hope you noticed "religion" in there. That is why these shops are about to be spanked.
Religion?
He looks like a felon I saw on TV; according to federal law, I have discretion not to sell.
Better be able to prove that in court...
What's that? My argument is sound? You know it and hate the fact that you cannot show otherwise?
Every court in the US will give the dealer the benefit of the doubt here.
Don't count on it. And your argument is what ends up in court. As long as you are willing to suffer though that, knock yourself out but you aren't protected just because you sell guns.
If I have suspicion,. the law requires me to not sell. <<< Protection
You cannot show this argument unsound.
That is not the law. It's reasonable suspicion, which means he'd better be wearing an orange jumpsuit with the name of the local prison if you don't want to meet him again in court.

That outta do it!

Just curious...

Obama wants to make not balancing your checkbook a disqualifier......why not being a Muslim looking to shoot up a recruitment office.

How is not selling a gun to someone I believe cannot legally own a gun a form of discrimination?
How does refusing to do so violate public accommodation laws when the federal requires me to not sell the gun?
Learn what discrimination means, and while you can take that position you'd better be able to back it up. The guy looked like a felon to me isn't going to cut it.

Learn what discrimination means, and while you can take that position you'd better be able to back it up. The guy looked like a felon to me isn't going to cut it.
Translation:
You cannot answer my questions.
Well?

Obama wants to make not balancing your checkbook a disqualifier......why not being a Muslim looking to shoot up a recruitment office.
Because religion is protected here. Unless the guy tells you that is his plan, hand over the gun when he hands over the cash, or call your attorney...

Translation:
Well?
Discrimination means, in this case, selling to one but not another. You can do that but you'd better have a fucking good reason for doing so. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

He was a sand ****** BTW, not a good enough reason. Being one is protected here.

That outta do it!

Just curious...

Translation:
Well?
Discrimination means, in this case,selling to one but not another.

Translation:
Well?
Discrimination means, in this case,selling to one but not another.
I just told you. Look up what the word means. In this case it can be, but not necessarily is, legal discrimination.

discrimination

noun dis·crim·i·na·tion \dis-ˌkri-mə-ˈnā-shən\
: the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people

: the ability to recognize the difference between things that are of good quality and those that are not

: the ability to understand that one thing is different from another thing

Iverness gun store owner Shop is Muslim-free zone after... www.wftv.com

the muslims are all lathered up over this; well, if their's is a religion of peace why would they care about guns anyhow

they also want the doj to investigate.
ya know really cares about justice in this country
just ask the 21 attacks on military personnel in this country.

CAIR to Seek DOJ Probe of Muslim Free Zone Businesses in Florida New Hampshire Reuters
If christianity is a religion of peace why would they care about guns anyhow.

I hope the NRA gets on this...a clear case of trying to take away 2nd amendment rights based on religion (a little of 1st amendment too).

well I do a lot of whistle pig/rockchuck hunting, fox, coyote and the like.Can't say I've seen muslims out there doing the same.
Usually if a muslim has a gun, the intentions are a little more severe
I guess I could be classified a Christian, but I'll let God be the judge.

Says you.

Just like this: Man with hearing impairment files lawsuit against Bonita hotel - NBC-2.com WBBH News for Fort Myers Cape Coral Naples Florida

Most people, however, follow the law instead so, do that.

Apples and groundhogs bro.

You'll need to do a lot better than that. :lol:

Forum List

Back