Florida set to pass pop tart bill

The children in the school district where I live are not allowed to even make their fingers into the shape of a gun at school.

This is has gotten stupid beyond belief.

Those children should have the 2nd Amendment right to own and carry their own real firearms in school so that they can stand their ground against bullies and other people with guns.

• Banned
Those children should have the 2nd Amendment right to own and carry their own real firearms in school so that they can stand their ground against bullies and other people with guns.

Partly correct. They should be taught HOW to use a pistol and rifle at school.Maybe even create a rifle team for competitions.Seeing how ALL we are talking about is a damn pop tart get over yourself.Little kids scare liberals. :lol:

what people need to remember when they read stories about kids chewing their pop tarts into guns and getting in trouble or using their fingers as guns and getting into trouble is that these are school policies known to the kids and they are choosing to break the rules - and one of the things i think we need to impress upon kids in schools is that they aren't special and the rules apply to everyone the same, and that when you choose to break them there are consequences.

of course, when parents are willing to hire lawyers to get the 'record' of their first grader cleared there really is no hope of that lesson sinking in.

what people need to remember when they read stories about kids chewing their pop tarts into guns and getting in trouble or using their fingers as guns and getting into trouble is that these are school policies known to the kids and they are choosing to break the rules - and one of the things i think we need to impress upon kids in schools is that they aren't special and the rules apply to everyone the same, and that when you choose to break them there are consequences.

Baaaaaaaa...

Good little sheep!

Baaaaaaaa...

Good little sheep!

Total insanity is what it is.

Thou shalt not think.

I am going to download a copy of this Florida bill and send it to my state rep and get one passed here.

Baaaaaaaa...

Good little sheep!

you misunderstand me. i'm not defending the rules themselves, just that children need to be taught to follow them - and that choosing to break them has consequences.

i also take issue with the parents of the children. they're willing to lawyer up and protect their kids from their own choices but they apparently weren't willing to do the work to get the rule changed before it became an issue.

i happen to like the idea of the florida law - i like it less that it has to exist at the state level since i believe that those decisions should be made at the district and school level, but clearly defining what is and isn't allowed in their schools is a good idea.

Partly correct. They should be taught HOW to use a pistol and rifle at school.Maybe even create a rifle team for competitions.Seeing how ALL we are talking about is a damn pop tart get over yourself.Little kids scare liberals. :lol:
Yeah, good idea. Because kids + guns = safety.

Pop tarts are dangerous, so let's have armed guards in every school like a good Christian police state.

Fucking morons.

of course, when parents are willing to hire lawyers to get the 'record' of their first grader cleared there really is no hope of that lesson sinking in.
Wow...

Yeah, good idea. Because kids + guns = safety.

Pop tarts are dangerous, so let's have armed guards in every school like a good Christian police state.

Fucking morons.

Actually Kids + learning to properly use guns=SAFETY sorry you don't trust other people kids enough to learn from professionals how to operate a machine which is what a rifle or pistol is. ANY machine in the hands of an untrained individual can be dangerous. I don't want armed guards either. I want armed teachers and staff.

Florida child pointing fingers at another "playing" at shooting = kid shot dead by some idiot "standing his ground".

The law IS for the safety of children, in order to protect them from adult morons.

Regards from Rosie

This happens at school for christ sakes. The only reason an adult would shoot a "kid" is if that "kid" is trying to harm the adult with physical force like robbery,assault etc or has broken into his home...in that case they are no longer "kids" they are criminals and get what's coming to them.

I have just sent a copy of the bill to my state rep and state senator.

You're a fucking idiot. In other words, you'd make a perfect public school administrator.

You're a fucking idiot. In other words, you'd make a perfect public school administrator.

so you dont believe children should be taught to behave?

I have just sent a copy of the bill to my state rep and state senator.

I would, but they never bother responding to anything I send them, which is why I'm voting against both of them in the next election.

so you dont believe children should be taught to behave?

What I believe is you were beaten too many times with the stupid stick. Just shut up.

Forum List

Back