Flowers, Rare and Common

I have this plant, which my nephew nicknamed "crazy plant" because it grows rather weird. It looks sort of like a cactus, but its blooms only open up at night. Sometimes I miss it, and only see the flower after it starts to wilt. I do have a picture of my plant when it bloomed, I'll try to remember to load it up to Photobucket so I can post it here. It's actually called night blooming cereus.

8c2e8d66a3c8088dc8ec5bc0c264dff6.jpg

I found a picture of my Night Blooming Cereus in bloom......

P1010902_zpso3bg5h4x.jpg

I've been invaded by whiteflies. They even suck the life out of herbs like basil and are even on my mint plants.

There is a spray for that......Bug B Gone.
Is it safe? I eat these herbs.

I think so.

Use a commercial bug spray formulated for use on vegetables and herbs. Such products are intended to be as low-toxic as possible while still eradicating and killing herb garden pests like worms, fruit flies and beetles. Spray problem areas on plants with a light layer of mist. Example products include Sevin's Ready-to-Use Home & Garden Bug Killer Spray and Ortho Bug-B-Gon MAX Lawn & Garden Insect Kill Spray.

How to Kill Bugs in Herb Gardens eHow

Yes. It's an old growth "Pink Kimono" Camilla. Haven't even found it with another grower that is the same true deep pink color. A 1950's variant.

Oh Columbine! Such grace beneath your reach...
I miss such delicacies in my climes.
Tis a rare, shaded, and pampered beauty, I can cultivate and enjoy!

Forum List

Back