Fluke enjoyed a "lovely trip to Barcelona" before asking for free birth control.

I suppose.

But I don't agree anyone is obligated to provide us with free preventative medicine.

You don't think insurance should pay for vaccinations?

Preventive medicine holds down insurance costs

Wow. What amazing efforts you make to cover up the fact Fluke lied!

I'm not trying to "cover up" anything. I'm saying I don't CARE if she lied, and it doesn't MATTER if she lied, and harping on her alleged lies is a red herring, a diversion, a logical fallacy. It has nothing to do with the issue, no bearing, no significance, no importance, nothing, nada, zip.

Unless, as I said, you're writing her biography, or mad at her for some reason.

So basically you don't CARE that this woman got up in front of a national media audience and just made stuff up? That says volumes for where progressives are coming from with their arguments, Dragon.

Look, I'm a Republican who happens to be pro-choice. I am all for the use of contraceptive devices because I think children should be brought into this world because someone WANTS them not because of an accident. That being said, however...I would never force someone who doesn't share my viewpoint into paying for either abortions or contraception. That's simply not fair. Ms. Fluke doesn't share that concern for the beliefs of others. She enrolled at a Jesuit institution with the intention of making THEM change to suit her beliefs. I'm sorry but that's an intolerant attitude.

Birth control is legal and affordable, no one is saying those who want to take it can't.

The government shouldn't force insurance companies to pay for any more than they should force insurance companies to pay for my make up. You realize it makes me feel better, therefore it's necessary for my mental health. I think my insurance company needs to pay for all my personal stuff. ;)

Your naturegirl, how much can make up cost?

Touche' :lol:

Birth control is legal and affordable, no one is saying those who want to take it can't.

The government shouldn't force insurance companies to pay for any more than they should force insurance companies to pay for my make up. You realize it makes me feel better, therefore it's necessary for my mental health. I think my insurance company needs to pay for all my personal stuff. ;)

Do you need a doctors prescription for your makeup?

Birth Control falls under preventive medicine and is well within the realm of health insurance

No I don't need a prescription but I could make a good case that it's necessary. :)

It is a medical condition

Don't you agree?

Yes, but it's not contagious, like TB, and it is 100% preventable by not engaging the act that brings it about. I still say providing the liberals with birth control will keep them busy, if you get my drift.

Most Birth control is used by married couples. Do you think they should refrain from "the act"

Sh*t, it's all an act?? Could've fooled me. :lol: :lol:

Wow. What amazing efforts you make to cover up the fact Fluke lied!

I'm not trying to "cover up" anything. I'm saying I don't CARE if she lied, and it doesn't MATTER if she lied, and harping on her alleged lies is a red herring, a diversion, a logical fallacy. It has nothing to do with the issue, no bearing, no significance, no importance, nothing, nada, zip.

Unless, as I said, you're writing her biography, or mad at her for some reason.

It takes a really big hammer to knock some sense into you, doesn't it?

Fluke was whining that women could not get birth control coverage from their health insurance.

I have proven this is a lie.

So what exactly is it you are after? You already have contraception coverage in health insurance, if you pay for that. I gave you solid evidence of this FACT.

Hmmmmmm...

She must be after something else, eh?

I wonder what it could be...

For chrissakes, listen to yourself. "Waaaaah...I don't care if she lied, all that matters is the issue."

Okay. What is the issue then, if not wanting health insurance to cover contraception?

Last edited:
I suppose.

But I don't agree anyone is obligated to provide us with free preventative medicine.

No. I don't think insurance should pay for anything. I don't think the government has any business telling them, or any other business, what services they must provide. It's bullshit from the beginning.

If you want vaccinations paid for by your insurance sign up for one with that option. Heck, if you want vacations covered, sign up for one with that.

I suppose.

No. I don't think insurance should pay for anything. I don't think the government has any business telling them, or any other business, what services they must provide. It's bullshit from the beginning.

So you favor a totally unregulated insurance industry?

Transcript of testimony by Sandra Fluke

I attend a Jesuit law school that does not provide contraceptive coverage in its student health plan.

A lie.

As I have proven, there are four health insurance plans offered at her school. I also proved at least one provides contraception coverage.

Since that is the case, exactly what is it that she wants?

Anyone? Anyone?

Fluke again:
Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary.

Again, completely negated by the fact that insured contraception coverage is available everywhere in the United States.

Since that is the case, exactly what is that she REALLY wants?

Anyone? Anyone?

I will tell you. She wants the Jesuits to be forced to provide contraception coverage in their health plan. She has an anti-religious agenda.

It is not good enough insured contraception coverage is already available. She wants the priests to be FORCED to engage in a behavior which is against their religion.

She is literally going out of her way in an attempt to make this happen.

Never again can liberals claim to be tolerant of others' values.

Last edited:

I attend a Jesuit law school that does not provide contraceptive coverage in its student health plan.

A lie.

As I have proven, there are four health insurance plans offered at her school. I also proved at least one provides contraception coverage.

Since that is the case, exactly what is it that she wants?

Anyone? Anyone?

Without insurance coverage, contraception, as you know, can cost a woman over $3,000 during law school. For a lot of students who, like me, are on public interest scholarships, that’s practically an entire summer’s salary.

Again, completely negated by the fact that contraception coverage is available everywhere in the United States.

Since that is the case, exactly what is that she REALLY wants?

Anyone? Anyone?

I will tell you. She wants the Jesuits to be forced to provide contraception coverage in their health plan. She has an anti-religious agenda.

It is not good enough contraception coverage is already available. She wants the priests to be FORCED to engage in a behavior which is against their religion.

She is literally going out of her way in an attempt to make this happen.

Never again can liberals claim to be tolerant of others' values.

Just another example in a long history.

Are we changing the topic?

Let me know when you get back to the original subject...

Why? I'm perfectly capable of understanding that she was using a particular case as an illustration to point out a principle, and that she was talking about the principle rather than asking for something for herself alone.

Why is it so hard for YOU to figure that out?

First of all you tell me that Fluke wasn't talking about "herself" at all but when I quote her and show you that she was INDEED doing just that...you do a rhetorical song and dance and state that she was talking about "the principle" and not asking for something for herself? Then you ask if it's too hard for me to figure out?

When you're using double talk like that to explain your point of view...yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring it out.

"...using a particular case as an illustration to point out a principle and that she was talking about the principle rather than asking for something for herself..."

What Ms. Fluke DID was use another student's medical problems with ovarian cysts to "illustrate" the hardship that not having birth control pills covered under the health plan at Georgetown caused for Fluke and her fellow students...but then Fluke admited that the woman with the ovarian cysts actually DOES get covered for her birth control pills. So why even bring the woman up in the first place? If that was the best "illustration" that Ms Fluke could come up with...it's pretty obvious that there isn't a real problem there in the first place...know what I mean? Fluke is studying to be a lawyer? Studying to be a lawyer but making an argument like that? If I were the judge and I heard testimony like that I'd have a nice little "chat" with Ms. Fluke about not bringing nonsensical testimony into my courtroom.
Yeah, basically fluke was doing the old dimwit twist the lie to look like the truth trick. She is a liar and a fluke.

Good thing you mentioned Fluke, I was thinking you were talking about Truthmatters. Whew!! :wipingbrow:

Are we changing the topic?

Let me know when you get back to the original subject...

When the government tells them what to do........that means regulated

A lie.

The health plans offered at Georgetown that include contraception are for the FACULTY. The student plan does not cover contraception unless prescribed for a medical condition outside of preventing pregnancy.

The health plans offered at Georgetown that include contraception are for the FACULTY. The student plan does not cover contraception unless prescribed for a medical condition outside of preventing pregnancy.

Georgetown's choice.

How does it work ?

Forum List

Back