Fluke enjoyed a "lovely trip to Barcelona" before asking for free birth control.

Transcript of testimony by Sandra Fluke

I attend a Jesuit law school that does not provide contraceptive coverage in its student health plan.

A lie.

As I have proven, there are four health insurance plans offered at her school. I also proved at least one provides contraception coverage.

The health plans offered at Georgetown that include contraception are for the FACULTY. The student plan does not cover contraception unless prescribed for a medical condition outside of preventing pregnancy.

So they do provide contraceptives for a medical condition, just not for casual sex, right?? I don't believe that's what Fluke said. :eusa_shhh:

Transcript of testimony by Sandra Fluke

A lie.

As I have proven, there are four health insurance plans offered at her school. I also proved at least one provides contraception coverage.

The health plans offered at Georgetown that include contraception are for the FACULTY. The student plan does not cover contraception unless prescribed for a medical condition outside of preventing pregnancy.

So they do provide contraceptives for a medical condition, just not for casual sex, right?? I don't believe that's what Fluke said. :eusa_shhh:

Have you listened to her testimony at all?

Georgetown Student Plan:

EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Exclusions
No benefits will be paid for: a) loss or expense caused by, contributed to, or resulting from; or b)treatment, service or supplies for, at, or related to: [...]

b) Birth control and/or contraceptives, oral or other, whether medication or device; except as specifically provided in the policy;​

Designed especially for the students of Georgetown University

It is the only time that the word contraception appears in the policy...to exclude it.

Sandra Fluke was testifying about the Blunt/Rubio bill that would have let ANY employer exclude ANY medical treatment for "moral" reasons.

Last edited:
Sandra Fluke, from her testimony (that many of you haven't bothered to watch, obviously)

“A friend of mine, for example, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries. Her prescription is technically covered by Georgetown’s insurance because it’s not intended to prevent pregnancy.
“Unfortunately, under many religious institutions and insurance plans, it wouldn’t be. There would be no exception for other medical needs. And under Sen. Blunt’s amendment, Sen. Rubio’s bill or Rep. Fortenberry’s bill there’s no requirement that such an exception be made for these medical needs.

Look at that, right there she mentioned that the Georgetown student plan covers contraception as long as it isn't used to prevent pregnancy.

So why doesn't the student plan cover contraception? Obviously it isn't for "moral" or "religious" reasons since one of the faculty plans DOES cover contraception to prevent pregnancy.

Sandra Fluke has been exposed as a fraud and a liar, but she is old news now anyway. Trayvon Martin is the latest exploitation of the media and the left.

Sandra Fluke, from her testimony (that many of you haven't bothered to watch, obviously)

“A friend of mine, for example, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries. Her prescription is technically covered by Georgetown’s insurance because it’s not intended to prevent pregnancy.
“Unfortunately, under many religious institutions and insurance plans, it wouldn’t be. There would be no exception for other medical needs. And under Sen. Blunt’s amendment, Sen. Rubio’s bill or Rep. Fortenberry’s bill there’s no requirement that such an exception be made for these medical needs.

Look at that, right there she mentioned that the Georgetown student plan covers contraception as long as it isn't used to prevent pregnancy.

So why doesn't the student plan cover contraception? Obviously it isn't for "moral" or "religious" reasons since one of the faculty plans DOES cover contraception to prevent pregnancy.

What official gathering did she testify at?

Oh thats right a mock DNC is in charge of congress hearing.

Well that lends it credibility doesnt it?

Who she spoke before does not change what she said or the validity of it. Not even Rush's three day personal attack and the fact that he started with a lie changes the validity of what she spoke about.

Who she spoke before does not change what she said or the validity of it. Not even Rush's three day personal attack and the fact that he started with a lie changes the validity of what she spoke about.

It changes everything.

It wasnt official because democrats tried to game the system, She also has no experise in the field.

But go ahead, make excuses, it is all you have once again.

“A friend of mine, for example, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries.

Oh she was "testifying" for her "friend".

It changes everything.

It wasnt official because democrats tried to game the system, She also has no experise in the field.

She was merely a tool to be soon forgotten.

“A friend of mine, for example, has polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she has to take prescription birth control to stop cysts from growing on her ovaries.

Odd, that was already covered under the student plan.

So the purpose of her bringing it up was what?

I don't get your point?

Well, a lot of conservatives here seem to be confused, and think that Fluke was asking for "free" birth control FOR HERSELF.

She was not, of course. Which means how much money Fluke makes is completely irrelevant. I know that, you know that, but apparently conservatives haven't figured it out.

Seems odd doesnt it?

Conservatives seem to think that people go to congress to ask for legislation that applies only to themselves

Yeah....we're the selfish ones always trying to take shit from everyone else for our own personal interests. :eusa_whistle:

Odd, that was already covered under the student plan.

So the purpose of her bringing it up was what?

If you read the entire quote I posted, you would know. :rolleyes:

It changes everything.

What field, exactly, is she supposed to have expertise in, in your estimation? She was speaking about the economic impact of employers or institutions being able to deny contraception for "moral" reasons (which is, obviously not the case in Georgetown since they DO cover it for faculty but not for students...which is just stupid)

It changes everything.

What field, exactly, is she supposed to have expertise in, in your estimation? She was speaking about the economic impact of employers or institutions being able to deny contraception for "moral" reasons (which is, obviously not the case in Georgetown since they DO cover it for faculty but not for students...which is just stupid)

I don't think you're grasping the purpose of insurance here. Like most of Obama's policies they ignore the fundamental principle that drives the issues involved.

Why do companies carry group coverage for their employees?

Because their health and welfare is a company interest. The more they show up for work instead of calling in sick the better for the company.

A student is paying the school to attend and get an education. Where is the insurable risk? What purpose does a school have to go to the time and expense to cover students? What do they care if they show up and get an education. The only reason a school would do this is if they got something for it. Paying for Flucke's birth control does nothing for the school. Any coverage they'd offer most students wouldn't be able to afford unless it's subsidized by the government.

So during a time when we should be cutting the debt Obama and crew are working extremely hard to increase it. If the SCOTUS doesn't vote down Obamacare the Tea Party will have plenty to bitch about. As it is I think the prick will go around congress and try to implement it anyway. The whole argument is based on a total falsity. Putting it in front of the SCOTUS quickly reveals it to be so.(Seems like those men in robes have a way of cutting through all of the Bullshit) Too bad it never will.

Last edited:
It changes everything.

I don't think you're grasping the purpose of insurance here. Like most of Obama's policies they ignore the fundamental principle that drives the issues involved.

Because their health and welfare is a company interest. The more they show up for work instead of calling in sick the better for the company.

A student is paying the school to attend and get an education. Where is the insurable risk? What purpose does a school have to go to the time and expense to cover students? What do they care if they show up and get an education. The only reason a school would do this is if they got something for it. Paying for Flucke's birth control does nothing for the school. Any coverage they'd offer most students wouldn't be able to afford unless it's subsidized by the government.

So during a time when we should be cutting the debt Obama and crew are working extremely hard to increase it. If the SCOTUS doesn't vote down Obamacare the Tea Party will have plenty to bitch about. As it is I think the prick will go around congress and try to implement it anyway. The whole argument is based on a total falsity. Putting it in front of the SCOTUS quickly reveals it to be so. Seems like those men in robes have a way of cutting through all of the Bullshit like quick. Too bad it never will.

Students at Georgetown are required to have health insurance (it's a mandate). If they don't have their own policy or a policy through their parents, they must purchase it from the university. How does it make ANY sense NOT to provide contraception to students when they DO provide it to faculty?

Oral contraception cannot be purchased over the counter and requires a prescription from a doctor.

So during a time when we should be cutting the debt Obama and crew are working extremely hard to increase it. If the SCOTUS doesn't vote down Obamacare the Tea Party will have plenty to bitch about. As it is I think the prick will go around congress and try to implement it anyway. The whole argument is based on a total falsity. Putting it in front of the SCOTUS quickly reveals it to be so. Seems like those men in robes have a way of cutting through all of the Bullshit like quick. Too bad it never will.

Students at Georgetown are required to have health insurance (it's a mandate). If they don't have their own policy or a policy through their parents, they must purchase it from the university. How does it make ANY sense NOT to provide contraception to students when they DO provide it to faculty?

Oral contraception cannot be purchased over the counter and requires a prescription from a doctor.
WallyWorld, [WalMart] has some very affordable prescription plans...

You could always find another college that did meet your sexual needs.

Link

I've attended several universities and never was I mandated to carry insurance. Course it's been years since I attended.....so who is responsible for the mandate?

Last edited:
I've attended several universities and never was I mandated to carry insurance. Course it's been years since I attended.....so who is responsible for the mandate?

It's getting more common now. My daughter is a junior at Duke and they have a mandate as well. I don't see what the relevance to a mandate from a college one chooses to attend to the discussion is anyway.

They require you to carry health insurance, therefore they need to provide free birth control...

Nope, don't get it.

Forum List

Back