Folks Are Catching On.....

All mindless Pubs- who CAUSED THE MESS we're in- have done, and who have a 13 per cent approval in congress- is bring down all respect for gov't and stall solutions....Obama's a champ in comparison, hater dupes.

Actually, the recession was due to the Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat policies of attempting to manipulate the housing market.

1. Democrat FDR shredded the Constitution....ignoring article I, section 8, the enumerated powers.
He created GSE's Fannie and Freddie to do something the Constitution didn't authorize: meddle in housing.

2. Democrat Carter....the CRA, constraining banking policy

3. Democrat Clinton....strengthened the CRA
Under Clinton, HUD threatened banks, again, to give unrequited loans.
Henchmen: Democrats Cisneros and Cuomo.

4. Democrats Frank and Dodd barred any governmental discipline in this area.

Did I mention that it was caused by Democrats?

In 2008, the Right told the nation what a mistake Obama would be.

Thin resume....no experience....radical background.....Jeremiah Wright....

Let me STOP you right there.

That is a perfect example of why the Right continues to struggle and have brand issues with regard to the independent or moderate voter.

You list 4 things, 2 of which are valid points.

*Thin resume.
*No Experience.

Radical Background - WTF does that even mean? That talking point falls apart when most people understand that the Clintons left no stone unturned, investigated him from all angles, and they found very little that could be used against. All this Fox News "he's a radical" bullshit is pathetic. Especially considering he's been the very definition of a moderate: indecisive, slow to take a firm stance, quick to compromise and give up points to get things moving, trying too hard appease the opposition.

Jeremiah Wright - there's a reason McCain wouldn't touch that. It's veiled racism. Fox and the far-right wanted to play on white peoples fear of the angry black. Obama distanced himself in a very public way from Wright when the video clips first broke -- so much so, you almost felt sorry for both of them as there was obviously once a friendship there. Many people have had the experience of having to break off a personal or professional relationship -- you once felt close to that person, but they did something you can not abide and you need to cut your ties. It's called being human. Obama cutting his ties with Wright made him more human and likable. McCain understood this as he was a mature and honorable man who has likely gone through the same thing during his long political career.

Sarah Palin, the immature, vindictive woman from Alaska with ambition ten times the size of her intellect and character -- she wanted to "go after" Obama on Wright.

So, 56% of Americans view Obama's presidency as somewhere between average and outstanding.

So? What are we to conclude from that?

What have we here?
Twists and turns in defense of the indefensible.

".... 56% of Americans view Obama's presidency as somewhere between average and outstanding."

Let's review.

1. 67% find this dolt as underwhelming: average at best.

I understand that your aspiration is to someday move all the way up to "average"....but for most folks that would not be a compliment.

"Now, 31 percent think he's been outstanding or above average, a quarter size him up as average, and 42 percent describe his presidency as below average or poor."

2. Seems you have to resort to spin to attempt to save face.
Why? It's not as though you had a reputation to save in the first place.

Spin:…altering the truth without altering the facts.

3. When morons were comparing the candidate and incipient President as a messiah, as God, and every permutation of same......

....now, 67% see him as more like the Strawman from the Wizard of Oz: OK...but not much of a President.

So....the precipitous drop from 'Messiah' to 'average'.....is pretty much a censure of every fool who voted for this master of ceremonies.

Bet lots of the 31% were just protecting themselves from you Obamunists calling them racists.

Spin? I added the above average to the average, and you added the below average to the average.

I did exactly what you did. So by labeling that 'spin' you've admitted that by your standards,

you were engaging in spin.

In other words, you were altering the truth without altering the facts.

oops

And, sure enough...the windbag has been a failure in domestic policy, race relations, foreign policy....you name it.

And, to paraphrase the racist Wright, "Obama's chickens are coming home to roost."

1. "Poll: At Obama's 5-yr point, few see a turnaround

2. WASHINGTON (AP) - As President Barack Obama begins his sixth year in office, people are largely pessimistic...

3. People still view him negatively on both issues, handling of unemployment and the federal government.

4. ....58 percent now sizing him up as very or somewhat likable.

5. Obama is far removed from those heady days before his first inauguration, when two-thirds of Americans predicted he'd be an outstanding or above-average president.

6. Now, 31 percent think he's been outstanding or above average, a quarter size him up as average, and 42 percent describe his presidency as below average or poor.

7. Obama "wasn't a total disappointment," allows Joshua Parker, a 37-year-old small businessman in Smyrna, Tenn. "He didn't put us into a Great Depression."...suspects that someone who understood the economy better could have done more.

a. "But I like a lot of people who are not qualified to be president."

8. The ranks of those who believe Obama has been an outstanding or above average president have edged down 6 points since just after Obama's re-election in November 2012, reflecting slippage in how he's viewed by Democrats, particularly liberals.

9. ....doubts about his decisiveness and honesty persist. More than half of Americans wouldn't describe him as decisive or honest. Fifty-two percent don't find him particularly inspiring.

10. ....overall approval rating has remained fairly stable, with 45 percent approving and 53 percent saying they don't."
Poll: At Obama's 5-yr point, few see a turnaround

Two thirds of he public find him at best....average!

'....not decisive nor honest....'

"....slippage in how he's viewed by Democrats, particularly liberals."

You know that means a lot more than two thirds know the truth.

And, here at USMB.....we should all appreciate the comic relief provided by the numbskulls who still trumpet how great this pompous failure is!!
I love watching you folks whip yourself up into a froth over President Obama. The truth of the matter is that Clinton handed bush a nation in good shape. Another truth is that bush handed Obama a nation that was in two wars and heading for a depression. In other words, he handed Obama a nation that had more problems than the nation he received. When Obama hands over the nation to the next president it will be in far, far better shape than the nation he received.
Here is a list of the positive things Obama has done for this country. I will leave the negative list for you.
I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact that he stopped Syria from using poison gas.

I like the fact that because of Obama Syria is now destroying its WMD.
I like the fact we did not go to war in Syria.
I like the fact we have started a dialog with Iran that will hopefully end Iran's goal of obtaining nuclear weapons.
II like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

Last edited:
All mindless Pubs- who CAUSED THE MESS we're in- have done, and who have a 13 per cent approval in congress- is bring down all respect for gov't and stall solutions....Obama's a champ in comparison, hater dupes.

Actually, the recession was due to the Liberal/Progressive/DeathPanelDemocrat policies of attempting to manipulate the housing market.

1. Democrat FDR shredded the Constitution....ignoring article I, section 8, the enumerated powers.
He created GSE's Fannie and Freddie to do something the Constitution didn't authorize: meddle in housing.

1. SCOTUS disagrees.

2. The CRA was passed by Congress and signed by President Carter - a law designed to discourage the practice of 'redlining' - discriminatory practices aimed solely at minorities.

3. Clinton / Gingrich

4. How? -

The GOP was in charge the entire time the housing bubble was inflating. The Dems got control of congress in 2006. But any new regs would have to be signed by W. So your premise is an all around fail. Cheney and the inept Bush appointees did more to allow the bubble to build and finally burst -- what followed was the single greatest transfer of wealth of all time. The middle class bailed out a handful of bankers and AIG.

What you don't get is that at the Federal Level Dems are de facto moderate Republicans. They get campaign funding from big banks and big businesses and they weren't about to start looking behind the curtain. The Ratings Agencies were lying, the investment banks were covering their tracks, so much immoral shit was going down, but not technically ILLEGAL because our Government Right, Left, or otherwise had been watering down regs since RR. Because the great "Invisible Hand" would keep the market and the capitalists in line. BULLSHIT.

And, sure enough...the windbag has been a failure in domestic policy, race relations, foreign policy....you name it.

And, to paraphrase the racist Wright, "Obama's chickens are coming home to roost."

1. "Poll: At Obama's 5-yr point, few see a turnaround

2. WASHINGTON (AP) - As President Barack Obama begins his sixth year in office, people are largely pessimistic...

3. People still view him negatively on both issues, handling of unemployment and the federal government.

4. ....58 percent now sizing him up as very or somewhat likable.

5. Obama is far removed from those heady days before his first inauguration, when two-thirds of Americans predicted he'd be an outstanding or above-average president.

6. Now, 31 percent think he's been outstanding or above average, a quarter size him up as average, and 42 percent describe his presidency as below average or poor.

7. Obama "wasn't a total disappointment," allows Joshua Parker, a 37-year-old small businessman in Smyrna, Tenn. "He didn't put us into a Great Depression."...suspects that someone who understood the economy better could have done more.

a. "But I like a lot of people who are not qualified to be president."

8. The ranks of those who believe Obama has been an outstanding or above average president have edged down 6 points since just after Obama's re-election in November 2012, reflecting slippage in how he's viewed by Democrats, particularly liberals.

9. ....doubts about his decisiveness and honesty persist. More than half of Americans wouldn't describe him as decisive or honest. Fifty-two percent don't find him particularly inspiring.

10. ....overall approval rating has remained fairly stable, with 45 percent approving and 53 percent saying they don't."
Poll: At Obama's 5-yr point, few see a turnaround

Two thirds of he public find him at best....average!

'....not decisive nor honest....'

"....slippage in how he's viewed by Democrats, particularly liberals."

You know that means a lot more than two thirds know the truth.

And, here at USMB.....we should all appreciate the comic relief provided by the numbskulls who still trumpet how great this pompous failure is!!
I love watching you folks whip yourself up into a froth over President Obama. The truth of the matter is that Clinton handed bush a nation in good shape. Another truth is that bush handed Obama a nation that was in two wars and heading for a depression. In other words, he handed Obama a nation that had more problems than the nation he received. When Obama hands over the nation to the next president it will be in far, far better shape than the nation he received.
Here is a list of the positive things Obama has done for this country. I will leave the negative list for you.
I like the fact that Obama was able to turn the economy around and avoid the depression we were headed for.
I like the fact Obama was able to save GM and Chrysler.
I like the fact Obama made a promise to get bin Laden and then he followed up on that promise.
I like the fact he helped get rid of Ghaddafi without putting American boots on the ground.
I like the fact he did not get us involved with the turmoil in Egypt.
I like the fact that he stopped Syria from using poison gas.

I like the fact that because of Obama Syria is now destroying its WMD.
I like the fact we did not go to war in Syria.
I like the fact we have started a dialog with Iran that will hopefully end Iran's goal of obtaining nuclear weapons.
II like the fact he has concern for the poor and un-insured Americans.
I like the fact he projects the image of a good family man.
I like the fact his decisions and behavior have increased America's standing in the world communitiy.
I like the fact that American's are getting jobs rather than losing them.
I like the fact he wants to end the run-away inflation of medical costs.
I like the fact he followed through on bush's plan to end the war in Iraq.
I like that Obama intends to have us out of Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
I like the fact that Obama is intelligent and has repeatedly made the republicans look like inept jerks.
I like the fact that Obama was able to re-examine and change his view on gay marriage.
I like the fact that Obama was able to see the gay question as one of civil rights and not religious bull shit.
I like the fact Obama is not affraid to stand up to the gop.
I like the fact he has moved quickly when national disasters strike.
I like the fact he wants to take assault weapons off the street.
I like the fact he is trying to rebuild the middle class.
I like the wholesome image he and his family present.
I like that he has done the right thing in trying to work with the gop although it has been a waste of time.
I like the fact Obama is willing to work for ALL Americans and not just the wealthy.
I like the choice Obama made for the Supreme Court.
I like the fact Obama wants to put people to work rebuilding the infrastructure of America.
I like the fact Obama has chosen an Attorney General who is willing to go after states that are attacking voter rights.

I like that you made me laugh...

The Country is in a mess with some realistic estimates of unemployment around 30%. The ironically named "affordable health care" law is an abject failure, foreign policy is a mess and the administration is involved in scandals that make Watergate look like child's play. Nobody on the left wants to talk about issues anymore and all you see from the usual left wing posters is Media Matter junk about Glenn Beck and distorted out of contest statements by Huckabee. Clearly the radical left is in a circle the wagons mode and they think they can distract people with irrelevant crap.

Everybody knew what a shit bird Obama was. They voted for him because he wasn't "Republican".

After reading that he's using the IRS to target Hollywood Conservative, Obama is a nasty little Fascist

Let me STOP you right there.

That is a perfect example of why the Right continues to struggle and have brand issues with regard to the independent or moderate voter.

You list 4 things, 2 of which are valid points.

*Thin resume.
*No Experience.

Radical Background - WTF does that even mean? That talking point falls apart when most people understand that the Clintons left no stone unturned, investigated him from all angles, and they found very little that could be used against. All this Fox News "he's a radical" bullshit is pathetic. Especially considering he's been the very definition of a moderate: indecisive, slow to take a firm stance, quick to compromise and give up points to get things moving, trying too hard appease the opposition.

Jeremiah Wright - there's a reason McCain wouldn't touch that. It's veiled racism. Fox and the far-right wanted to play on white peoples fear of the angry black. Obama distanced himself in a very public way from Wright when the video clips first broke -- so much so, you almost felt sorry for both of them as there was obviously once a friendship there. Many people have had the experience of having to break off a personal or professional relationship -- you once felt close to that person, but they did something you can not abide and you need to cut your ties. It's called being human. Obama cutting his ties with Wright made him more human and likable. McCain understood this as he was a mature and honorable man who has likely gone through the same thing during his long political career.

Sarah Palin, the immature, vindictive woman from Alaska with ambition ten times the size of her intellect and character -- she wanted to "go after" Obama on Wright.

1. "Radical Background - WTF does that even mean? That talking point falls apart...."

I do my best to educate folks like you in the limited time and space available...but your educational impediments are daunting. Still, in brief:

a. To gauge how successful this infestation of the university has been, note that the nation elected a President with an extremely radical view, in part:
“The wealth of the imperial countries is our wealth too,” writes Franz Fanon in “The Wretched of the Earth.” Fanon fought in the Algerian revolution against he French; Obama says that in college he relished reading and quoting Fanon. “or in a very concrete way Europe has stuffed herself inordinately with the gold and raw materials of the colonial countries….Europe is literally the creation of the Third world….wealth stolen from the underdeveloped peoples.”
Dinesh D’Souza, “Obama’s America,” p. 11.

b. If economic exploitation is the cause of said poverty, then why are those parts of the Third World least touched by contact with prosperous nations so often the most destitute of all? Blame is much easier to understand than causation, far more emotionally satisfying, and, today, more politically convenient.
Sowell, “Economic Facts and Fallacies,” p. 189.

c. "To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk- rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy."
Barack Obama

d. “Some ideas are so stupid, only an intellectual could believe them.” George Orwell.

2. "Jeremiah Wright - there's a reason McCain wouldn't touch that. It's veiled racism. Fox and the far-right wanted to play on white peoples fear of the angry black."

First...you're a fool, and, secondly, being an uneducated dunce, you believe what you wrote, and you fail to learn about Wright's beliefs, and, therefore, Obama's.

Obama spent some 20 years in the anti-American and anti-Semitic Trinity United Church of Christ, with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Never heard a thing.

a. “Wright was a former Muslim and black nationalist who had studied at Howard and Chicago, and Trinity's guiding principles--what the church calls the "Black Value System"--included a "Disavowal of the Pursuit of Middleclassness.”… Wright became not only Obama's pastor, but his mentor. The title of Obama's recent book, The Audacity of Hope, is based on a sermon by Wright. "
Barack Obama's Unlikely Political Education | New Republic

b. The brand of Christianity taught at Trinity United Church of Christ, black-liberation theology, is of the far-Left variety that focuses on a few features of Christianity plus the racial anger that is the hallmark of that particularly American brand of Islam, the Nation of Islam.
Geller, “The Post-American Presidency,” p. 77.

c. While denying any proclivity toward Marxism, the ‘reliable Democrat voter’ rushed to pull the lever for a 20-year congregant of a James Cone inspired Black-Liberation church. Cone: “Marxism as a tool of social analysis can… help Christians to see how things really are.”
Cone, “For My People: Black Theology and the Black Church,” p. 187.
“You Didn’t Build That!”

So, being as ignorant as you are of the background, of the facts, you could be easily fooled into believing that racism was the basis of objections.

!!

The Right also told us Obama was born in Kenya.

No, Obama did.
That's what he told his literary agent.

"'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991

A possible source of the so-called "birther" issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama--has been identified.

Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients."
'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

1. SCOTUS disagrees.

2. The CRA was passed by Congress and signed by President Carter - a law designed to discourage the practice of 'redlining' - discriminatory practices aimed solely at minorities.

3. Clinton / Gingrich

4. How? -

The GOP was in charge the entire time the housing bubble was inflating. The Dems got control of congress in 2006. But any new regs would have to be signed by W. So your premise is an all around fail. Cheney and the inept Bush appointees did more to allow the bubble to build and finally burst -- what followed was the single greatest transfer of wealth of all time. The middle class bailed out a handful of bankers and AIG.

What you don't get is that at the Federal Level Dems are de facto moderate Republicans. They get campaign funding from big banks and big businesses and they weren't about to start looking behind the curtain. The Ratings Agencies were lying, the investment banks were covering their tracks, so much immoral shit was going down, but not technically ILLEGAL because our Government Right, Left, or otherwise had been watering down regs since RR. Because the great "Invisible Hand" would keep the market and the capitalists in line. BULLSHIT.

"…mortgage lenders didn't wake up one fine day deciding to junk long-held standards of creditworthiness in order to make ill-advised loans to unqualified borrowers. The roots of this crisis go back to the Carter administration. …Congress passed the Community Reinvestment Act, empowering regulators to punish banks that failed to "meet the credit needs" of "low-income, minority, and distressed neighborhoods." "Lack of credit history should not be seen as a negative factor," the Fed's guidelines instructed. Five years ago, for example, when the Bush administration proposed much tighter regulation of the two companies,…"
Frank's fingerprints are all over the financial fiasco - The Boston Globe

Again:
"...the Bush administration proposed much tighter regulation of the two companies,…"

!!

The Right also told us Obama was born in Kenya.

No, Obama did.
That's what he told his literary agent.

"'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991

A possible source of the so-called "birther" issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama--has been identified.

Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients."
'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

Misidentified made me laugh. She didn't misidentify jack shit she wrote down exactly what this liar told her to write down. Why do you thing his college records are sealed so tight? They all say he was born in Kenya because that's the lie he had to tell in order to ride the quota train and suck off the handouts.

The sarcasm here would be funny if it weren't sad.

Honesty? Absolutely. "If you like your health plan, you can keep it". Millions of Americans found out the hard way about his honesty.

Last edited:
Obama's election and re-election has gone a long ways toward destroying my faith in the human Race.
The vast, VAST support for obama, comes from city slickers. You get out into rural America and his support disappears.

So ask yourself why would that be? Well, cities are predominately bastions of leftists, collectivists, group think people, followers and the lazy that are looking for something for nothing, and they all see obama and his radical leftist entourage as Santa Claus.

Forum List

Back