Folks are not rushing into marriage

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022
I'm 34 and am just now considering marriage. I have a great career and so does my girlfriend. She is 26 and we share many interests. I am a homeowner and she lives in an upscale apartment complex. Too many people rush into marriage without really getting to know their love interest.

I'm 34 and am just now considering marriage. I have a great career and so does my girlfriend. She is 26 and we share many interests. I am a homeowner and she lives in an upscale apartment complex. Too many people rush into marriage without really getting to know their love interest.
Yeah....almost the norm these days with people in their mid 30's getting married.

Most newlywed couples are in a rush to create offspring before she hits her 40's and the likelihood of down syndrome increases or her eggs become unviable.

Don't! You may wind up having to deal violently with your wife!

I suspect it has a lot more to do with "me, me, me" than anything else.

I see women in their late thirties/early forties with toddlers when I drop my G-G-Grandson off.

They probably had to blow the dust out of their uterus first before they could conceive.

Last edited:
I suspect it has a lot more to do with "me, me, me" than anything else.

I see women in their late thirties/early forties with toddlers when I drop my G-G-Grandson off that they probably had to blow the dust out of their uterus first before they could conceive.
Why should they get married earlier?

Women are concerned about the biological clock. I got married at 24, she was 21 but we waited ten years before having children--that allowed for the unavoidable mistakes of youth and getting our careers in line. I don't know that waiting until mid 30s is the answer.

Blaster, you appear to be in the midst of an internal crisis over this commitment issue. It seems like it is scaring the shit out you, if only subconsciously.

Maybe you should try to talk your girl into some sort of provisional commitment situation for a year or two to transition you into marriage, where you are free to poke sluts and such.

Forum List

Back