🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Following The Money ... Keystone Investors

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
Boehner Invested Between $15,001-$50,000 In Canadian Natural Resources LTD In 2010. [Boehner 2010 Financial Disclosure, 5/13/11, via OpenSecrets.org]
Canadian Natural Resources Has Committed One-Fifth Of Its Production To The Keystone Pipeline. From the Calgary Herald:
Amid growing suggestions the U.S. State Department will delay or potentially reject the Keystone XL oil pipeline, oilsands executives counting on ramped up exports of bitumen said Thursday there are other options.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. president Steve Laut said oilsands producers could pursue other markets, if the U.S. denies a presidential permit needed for construction of the proposed 2,700-kilometre crude oil pipeline from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast.
CNRL has 120,000 barrels per day "locked up on Keystone for 20 years," said Laut, who's betting on U.S. approval. That's about one-fifth of the company's current total production of oil and gas. [Calgary Herald, 11/4/11]
Boehner Invested Between $15,0001-$50,000 In Occidental Petroleum Corp. In 2009. [Boehner 2009 Financial Disclosure, 5/14/10, via OpenSecrets.org]
Occidental Petroleum Is Another Major Developer Of Oil Sands In Alberta. From the Occidental company website:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) today announced the signing of a definitive agreement with Enerplus Resources Fund to purchase a 15% interest in the Joslyn Oil Sands Project in Alberta, Canada for C$500 million. [...]
The Joslyn project is one of the premier oil sands projects in the world. Operated by Total, it holds over 8 billion barrels of bitumen in place and the recoverable reserves, net to Occidental, are estimated at 370 million barrels. While the project is still in the early stage of development, it currently has more than 1,800 delineation wells drilled to date to confirm the resource potential. The project is being developed by steam assisted gravity drainage (in process) and surface mining. Occidental expects to spend approximately $2 billion over a number of years to develop the reserves. [Oxy.com, 6/23/08]
Boehner Invested Between $1,001-$15,000 In Devon Energy Corp. in 2009. [Boehner 2009 Financial Disclosure, 5/14/10, via OpenSecrets.org]
Devon Energy Is A Proponent Of Keystone XL. NASDAQ.com recently relayed an interview with Devon Energy CEO John Richels from Dow Jones Newswires:
The U.S. government's decision to delay construction of a major Canadian oil pipeline is forcing Canada to deepen its ties with China, the head of U.S. oil and natural gas producer Devon Energy Corp. (DVN) said Friday.
"It's striking to me that for the first time I'm really hearing all the different levels of [Canada's] government and industry saying maybe it's not good to have one customer, maybe we need two customers ... maybe we can't rely on our good friend to the south," Devon Chief Executive John Richels said in an interview. [...]
About a quarter of Oklahoma City-based Devon Energy's oil business is in Canada, with the rest in the U.S. Richels is a Canadian, who spent most of his career in Calgary, Western Canada's energy-industry capital. [...]
Though he said he believes Keystone XL will eventually be approved by the U.S., he said Devon would be forced to consider other alternatives for its oil-- including a Canadian west-coast pipeline option--if Keystone is rejected by the U.S. [Dow Jones Newswires, 1/13/12, via NASDAQ.com]

uh huh, I see. ... this is a RW cricket thread if there ever was one ... silence please.
Thank You.​

Gee, a whopping $15,000 investment you say? Gee, I don't possibly know what to make of that. It's so unsettling I think I better go take a nap. Oh the gosh darn revelations that Section 8 welfare bums post around here. Gee, that's all I can say, gee.

Oh, wait a minute. I read the OP again and I see I missed that other whopping revelation about Boehner making a $1000 investment. My God, what is this country coming to? A $1000 investment!! OK I'm definitely taking that nap now.

Last edited:
So exactly what kind of noise should we be making? It appears he made legal investments just like lots of other people and reported them on his Financial Disclosure documents as required.

Anyway, continue with whatever you're trying to make out of this.

9FD32A3CD8AE4A85A06A2B7B8E1D3475.jpg

Do you have an IRA, 401K, or are you vested in any such plans whatsoever?

Then you're invested in hydrocarbons.

Dumb ass.

yes I do. But I'm not proposing eminent domain on American citizens so my investments prosper ..

care for the list oil companies who refine the oil in Texas ...Mr. Boehner owns sizeable interest in them as well ... Conoco-Philips and Chevron.

Hey Siete. Did you know that the billionaire green DEMOCRAT donor that is so anti Keystone made his millions upon millions off of fossil fuels.

Kinder Morgan.

Who own Trans Mountain Pipeline. That competes with Trans Canada and the Keystone.

That's the history of Steyer the "green billionaire".

Do you have an IRA, 401K, or are you vested in any such plans whatsoever?

Then you're invested in hydrocarbons.

Dumb ass.

yes I do. But I'm not proposing eminent domain on American citizens so my investments prosper ..

care for the list oil companies who refine the oil in Texas ...Mr. Boehner owns sizeable interest in them as well ... Conoco-Philips and Chevron.

And?

I see the next line of complaint over the pipeline. Now that the enviro-whining has failed, you go out and find 1-2 property owners who refuse to give over their land, and all of a sudden you become champions of "private property". Funny how private property goes away when progs try to save the snot nosed-wood-chucker.

what I'm trying to make out of it?

Keystone is an export pipeline , China and South America.. this country is left out in the cold of Canada... except Mr Boehner ..

it is what it is, EH ?

Let's see. Boehner vs Steyer the Dem's green hero.

:lmao:

Obama Donor Set To Profit From Keystone Demise

From the article:

Steyer has mounted an extensive campaign to kill Keystone, yet he owes his personal fortune to a lifetime of investments in oil, gas and pipeline companies.

He stands to reap another financial reward through the extensive investments his hedge fund, Farallon Capital Management, has made over the last 27 years in fossil fuel companies.

These include holdings that could benefit from the blocking of the Keystone pipeline.

Farallon has made millions for its investors, and left Steyer with a net worth estimated by Forbes at $1.4 billion. One of Farallon's biggest holdings is in U.S. pipeline company Kinder Morgan, which has plans to expand a major competitor to Keystone — the TransMountain pipeline.

Steyer has also lobbied against Northern Gateway, which would carry oil from Edmonton to Kitimat, British Columbia, on Canada's west coast. Curiously, he is not opposed to TransMountain, which Kinder Morgan has sought approval to expand.

Obama Donor Tom Steyer Is Set To Profit From Demise Of Keystone XL - Investors.com

Keystone is an export pipeline , China and South America.. this country is left out in the cold of Canada... except Mr Boehner ..

it is what it is, EH ?

You're fucking crazy. We're your number one supplier. Of course you get Canadian crude fool!!!!

And I'm waiting on a response on the information I gave you on your number one enviro donor Steyer.

So exactly what kind of noise should we be making? It appears he made legal investments just like lots of other people and reported them on his Financial Disclosure documents as required.

Anyway, continue with whatever you're trying to make out of this.

it is what it is, EH ?

You're fucking crazy. We're your number one supplier. Of course you get Canadian crude fool!!!!

And I'm waiting on a response on the information I gave you on your number one enviro donor Steyer.

my stock portfolio contains SEVERAL fossil fuel interests, SEVERAL. Anyone with diversified interests has, or should have fossil fuel stock. I'm not knocking investment in fossil fuel.

I'm not in a position to pass legislation that benefits my PERSONAL investments. Mr. Boehner is. There's the rub. Make all the excuses you want, and ignore the facts, both go hand and hand with RW'r rhetoric.

Canadian oil to the US – a flow now projected to rise to 1.7 million barrels per day by 2030, according to the same DOE study. Often characterized by proponents as validating the need for the pipeline, that study actually found that Canadian oil import growth will go on at “almost identical” levels through 2030 using existing and new pipeline capacity as well as rail shipments – whether or not Keystone XL is built.

:eusa_whistle:

Here are the most salient points:
  1. Keystone XL is not needed well into the foreseeable future: As we expected, the analysis found that there was tar sands pipeline overcapacity up to the early 2020s and possibly until 2030. It also found that there were other pathways to the Gulf for companies interested in moving tar sands crude from the Midwest to the Gulf coast. This is a point that we have been repeatedly making. Why rush a decision to build a giant pipeline that will be with us, supplying oil from the controversial tar sands in Canada’s Boreal forest, for the next 50 years? Aren’t there other alternatives for our fuels that we can, and must, find in this time period? This will be a major consideration as the Administration moves to the National Interest Determination process after the Environmental Impact Statement is completed. It is hard to make a case for this pipeline, especially given all the trade-offs in potential damage to one of our largest aquifers, the Ogallala, a point repeatedly made by Nebraskan public officials from both sides of the aisle.
  2. Sending large quantities of tar sands oil to Asia is an uncertain outcome: As we also expected, the analysis found that building pipelines to the northern British Columbia coast was uncertain because of opposition to these pipelines by First Nations – the native people living on the coast and along the pipeline routes – and by environmentalists. More likely were smaller pipeline proposals for going South to Vancouver. These would increase pipeline capacity to Vancouver by 400,000 barrels of oil per day (for perspective, we use nearly 20 million barrels per day in the U.S.). The “Asia threat” has been a card the Canadians like to play when the U.S. moves forward to control high carbon fuels and reduce our oil use. It is hard to imagine these small amounts being worthy of the uproar this positioning has caused.
  3. Keystone XL would cause oil prices, and therefore gas prices, to rise in the Midwest: Right now, Canadian tar sands has one major market, the Midwest. In the analysis, this is called “shut-in”, which is not a bad way to describe what is happening. Because it cannot go elsewhere, and there are growing quantities of tar sands oil that can only be refined by specially outfitted refineries, this creates a price differential (lower price) for tar sands crude. Moving it to the Gulf is converting a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond. The differential disappears and the price goes up, profiting the Canadian oil companies at the expense of the American gas consumer. There are often good reasons environmentally to raise the price of gas, but putting more money in the pockets of the oil companies is certainly not (unless you are an oil company).
  4. Expansion of tar sands pipelines does cause expansion in production of tar sands: As we expected, because of pipeline overcapacity, it is hard to find upstream impact until the 2020s. Based on the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers’ (CAPP) projections used in this analysis (which stay static in this analysis), you would only expect to see an impact after 2025, once pipeline capacity is filled. But there it is, in the Ensys analysis, after 2025, when you see production break with its historical projections and start to trend down. Of course, this is in a no expansion scenario (in other words, no new pipelines are built other than those already under construction). While this may seem an unlikely result according to the modelers (I like the Ensys description for this – “a future in which a widespread movement prevents essentially any expansion beyond existing line capacity”), it makes the case that production is indeed tied to the building of pipelines

1. pad TransCanada's pockets

1. pad Mr Boehner's pockets

1. other than those two items of interest the rest of the RW talking points are total BS ..

1. Good Day.

Boehner Invested Between $15,001-$50,000 In Canadian Natural Resources LTD In 2010. [Boehner 2010 Financial Disclosure, 5/13/11, via OpenSecrets.org]
Canadian Natural Resources Has Committed One-Fifth Of Its Production To The Keystone Pipeline. From the Calgary Herald:
Amid growing suggestions the U.S. State Department will delay or potentially reject the Keystone XL oil pipeline, oilsands executives counting on ramped up exports of bitumen said Thursday there are other options.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. president Steve Laut said oilsands producers could pursue other markets, if the U.S. denies a presidential permit needed for construction of the proposed 2,700-kilometre crude oil pipeline from Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast.
CNRL has 120,000 barrels per day "locked up on Keystone for 20 years," said Laut, who's betting on U.S. approval. That's about one-fifth of the company's current total production of oil and gas. [Calgary Herald, 11/4/11]
Boehner Invested Between $15,0001-$50,000 In Occidental Petroleum Corp. In 2009. [Boehner 2009 Financial Disclosure, 5/14/10, via OpenSecrets.org]
Occidental Petroleum Is Another Major Developer Of Oil Sands In Alberta. From the Occidental company website:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) today announced the signing of a definitive agreement with Enerplus Resources Fund to purchase a 15% interest in the Joslyn Oil Sands Project in Alberta, Canada for C$500 million. [...]
The Joslyn project is one of the premier oil sands projects in the world. Operated by Total, it holds over 8 billion barrels of bitumen in place and the recoverable reserves, net to Occidental, are estimated at 370 million barrels. While the project is still in the early stage of development, it currently has more than 1,800 delineation wells drilled to date to confirm the resource potential. The project is being developed by steam assisted gravity drainage (in process) and surface mining. Occidental expects to spend approximately $2 billion over a number of years to develop the reserves. [Oxy.com, 6/23/08]
Boehner Invested Between $1,001-$15,000 In Devon Energy Corp. in 2009. [Boehner 2009 Financial Disclosure, 5/14/10, via OpenSecrets.org]
Devon Energy Is A Proponent Of Keystone XL. NASDAQ.com recently relayed an interview with Devon Energy CEO John Richels from Dow Jones Newswires:
The U.S. government's decision to delay construction of a major Canadian oil pipeline is forcing Canada to deepen its ties with China, the head of U.S. oil and natural gas producer Devon Energy Corp. (DVN) said Friday.
"It's striking to me that for the first time I'm really hearing all the different levels of [Canada's] government and industry saying maybe it's not good to have one customer, maybe we need two customers ... maybe we can't rely on our good friend to the south," Devon Chief Executive John Richels said in an interview. [...]
About a quarter of Oklahoma City-based Devon Energy's oil business is in Canada, with the rest in the U.S. Richels is a Canadian, who spent most of his career in Calgary, Western Canada's energy-industry capital. [...]
Though he said he believes Keystone XL will eventually be approved by the U.S., he said Devon would be forced to consider other alternatives for its oil-- including a Canadian west-coast pipeline option--if Keystone is rejected by the U.S. [Dow Jones Newswires, 1/13/12, via NASDAQ.com]

uh huh, I see. ... this is a RW cricket thread if there ever was one ... silence please.
Thank You.​

It's funny you bring up Occidental Petroleum. I wonder if it's the same Occidental Petroleum that Al Gore owns 300 THOUSAND shares of. You know Al Gore, right? The champion of all things green? Yes, that hypocrite.

Thank You.​

It's funny you bring up Occidental Petroleum. I wonder if it's the same Occidental Petroleum that Al Gore owns 300 THOUSAND shares of. You know Al Gore, right? The champion of all things green? Yes, that hypocrite.

Al? yes I remember Al. What capacity allows him to pass laws that enhance his investments ? That part I forgot, remind me.

Forum List

Back