🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food industry braces for Obama trans fat ban

Future studies will likely conclude that these studies were completely inaccurate. Happens all the time. Trans Fat is just the Boogeyman flavor of the week. No pun intended... Ok, a little intended. ;)
No they won't. The damage done by trans fat is a long established scientific fact. It has been studied from the USA to China and every nation that has medical research facilities in between. They all have come to the same conclusion. Putting a substance into your body that coagulates inside blood vessels to the point of creating blockage of blood flow is unhealthy. Want to do your own experiment? Pore grease down your kitchen drain every day and watch what happens.

Most thought the world was flat once too. People need to stop being so susceptible to fear.

People like you need to stop thinking your personal political preferences and beliefs supersede common sense, science and public safety. I don't want private for profit businesses to be allowed to add ingredients to my child's food without being required to tell me. And I don't want them to be able to play games with ingredients that are proven to be harmful at any level. Some things just don't belong in food. Artificially produced trans fat is one of them.

Oh that's right, it's for the children. It always is. Man, when will you Authoritarians stop throwing that Bullshite out there? If you're against you guys banning everything, you must hate the children... and America too. So tired and lame.

Future studies will likely conclude that these studies were completely inaccurate. Happens all the time. Trans Fat is just the Boogeyman flavor of the week. No pun intended... Ok, a little intended. ;)
No they won't. The damage done by trans fat is a long established scientific fact. It has been studied from the USA to China and every nation that has medical research facilities in between. They all have come to the same conclusion. Putting a substance into your body that coagulates inside blood vessels to the point of creating blockage of blood flow is unhealthy. Want to do your own experiment? Pore grease down your kitchen drain every day and watch what happens.

Most thought the world was flat once too. People need to stop being so susceptible to fear.

People like you need to stop thinking your personal political preferences and beliefs supersede common sense, science and public safety. I don't want private for profit businesses to be allowed to add ingredients to my child's food without being required to tell me. And I don't want them to be able to play games with ingredients that are proven to be harmful at any level. Some things just don't belong in food. Artificially produced trans fat is one of them.

Oh my the irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Yet they are ok with government telling what to do without any explanation..
Doctors and scientist were telling us about trans fat long before the government did. It has been explained by the medical professionals for decades. Literally thousands of studies have been made. All the government is doing is reacting to the findings of all these scientist and medical professionals in a responsible manner.

When in doubt, just ban it... Except when it comes to killing their babies. Don't you dare ban that.

Oh that's right, it's for the children. It always is. Man, when will you Authoritarians stop throwing that Bullshite out there? If you're against you guys banning everything, you must hate the children... and America too. So tired and lame.
I was talking about my children you asshole. That is why I referenced "my child".

Doctors and scientist were telling us about trans fat long before the government did. It has been explained by the medical professionals for decades. Literally thousands of studies have been made. All the government is doing is reacting to the findings of all these scientist and medical professionals in a responsible manner.

WOW! You really are a far left drone!

Explain how natural trans fats are bad for you?

far left drones

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
retard with Tourette syndrome

Says the irony impaired far left drone!

Well, when you receive several Million in Tax Dollars, you gotta come up with something. Gee, eating too many greasy french fries probably isn't real good for you. Uh yeah, thanks for the heads up Big Brother, but i like my fries. So piss off now.

When in doubt, just ban it... Except when it comes to killing their babies. Don't you dare ban that.

All formula milk contains trans fat warns expert - The Standard

Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.
You seem unclear on the concept of accumulation as a determining factor.
hey camp....where did i say this?.....i think you got the wrong guy for that....
Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.
I apologize. Think I must have been confused. Sorry.
Two dumbshits in a pod.
aww whats the matter rabbi?....get bested yet again?.....are you going to tell us to fuck off?....
Bested? I kicked your ass all over thsi thread. Remind me again how transfats are like polonium and people keel over and die just from eating them once.
sure you did....you proved your side with all those posted links backing your shit up....and where did i even imply this?.... Remind me again how transfats are like polonium and people keel over and die just from eating them once.....this is the second time you said i said this....maybe this time,unlike the last,you can prove i said this....how about it?.....going to man up?....

Where did I say that? This discussion is about man made trans fat.

Yet heart disease is the number one killer in this country. You are an extremist of the worst kind. The FDA is going to remove a poison from food that you can't taste, and won't miss, but your ideology is more important than the lives of your fellow countrymen and women. You are mentally ill and need help.
Poor eating and lifestyle choices lead to heart disease. Typically, liberals find a bogey man to blame. Also typically, if a lib doesn't like something they want to outlaw it for everyone. But why stop there if your concern is genuine? Why not ban processed foods, period?
Food products should be banned only if they are either proved to be very danger to the public such as puffer fish, or products that are a serious health risk where the public is not able to evaluate that risk, such as foods with trans fats.

Well then they should become more responsible and learn how to evaluate. If you eat too many greasy french fries, it's probably not too good for you. It isn't rocket science. We can't just ban things because many among us are lazy & dumb.

Where do you see a "ban" here?
Point it out.

Hey, did you know some dumb asses eat too many greasy burgers and fries? Seriously, it's true. So we better ban burgers and fries just to be safe. Oh, and how bout those cow farts? We better allow a massive World Government power-grab just to be safe too.

Where did I say that? This discussion is about man made trans fat.

It is about trans fats not just man made..

Taken in enough quantity over time it will without debate cause a deathly illness. It has no known nutritional value. But the case should not be about whether it can be allowed in food. The case should have been whether producers can add it in trace amounts without listing those trace amounts on the label. I have no problem with a person wanting to ingest trans fat and having the freedom to do so. I have a problem with people not wanting to ingest it and being tricked into ingesting it in quantities that have been proven to be harmful. Trans fat has a cumulative affect. A person should be able to judge for themselves how much is safe and at what point it will act as a poison. When you buy a loaf of bread you should be able to know if every slice you eat has trans fat, or no trans fat. You should be permitted to decide for yourself when you might ingest moderate or limited amounts of trans fat. I just don't see why a food producer needs to be allowed to hide what they put into their product.
Then why support an outright ban over proper labeling?
What are you talking about? I am in favor of accurate labeling. The law to now has allowed trace amounts of trans fats to be in food without appearing as such on the label. That is what the industry demanded.
But the move is to ban trans fats - NOT to correct labeling.
You keep trotting out that bullshit canard.
From the OP article:

“The agency has made a preliminary determination that partially hydrogenated oils, a major source of trans fat in processed food, are not generally recognized as safe for food,” FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg told reporters during a conference call Thursday morning, referencing the regulatory standard used by the agency to determine the safety of food ingredients.

“Generally recognized as safe” is industry-speak for a substance that food manufacturers have self-determined is safe. Under its proposal, FDA would rescind trans fat’s GRAS status.​

and what that means is:

The agency is accepting comments for 60 days, and then, if finalized, food manufacturers could only use partially hydrogenated oils if they apply to use them as food additives, which means companies would have to determine they do not harm the public health.​

Even the OP itself in its hopless bias only claims "The Obama administration is expected to all but ban trans fat" -- which is STILL bogus bias, as it's the FDA -- not "the Obama Administration". The FDA is always there, regardless the Administration, and has been since it was created -- by Republicans.

There is no "ban". All taking transfats off the GRAS list means is that if you put 'em in there, you have to show that they're not malicious-- puts the burden of proof on the foodmonger. What a fuckin' nightmare huh? Having to show you're not selling me poison, oh the indignity!

What you whiners are whining about is the prospect of Corporatia not being allowed to get away with a lie. Which is what "here, eat this" is when you know it's got poison in it.

The weird thing is, we did all this last time this same thing came up, and here y'all are again trying to make the same bullshit case that's already been shot down. Expecting different results are we?
And that means they are effectively banned. Nice try though.

NO, IT DOES NOT. It means you can use all you want as long as you can justify it.

What exactly is your problem with justifying that an artificial substance isn't harmful, as research has shown?

Or are you saying that it can't be justified, and therefore has no value.... :eusa_think:

It's gotta be one or the other. EITHER you're saying a corporation can just put whatever the fuck it wants in the food and we can't control it -- OR you're admitting trans fats ARE harmful, since they cannot be justified.

Can't have it both ways here. Pick one.

And while you're at it explain why we should depend on the seller -- whose entire motivation is profit -- to police itself honestly. Essplain how that's not a conflict of interest.

I am not expecting different results from last time which is why I am not engaging you. Last time you miss-represented my position, name called out the ass and completely ignored any point brought to you – exactly like you are doing now. As such, I am going to treat you like the whining child that you have acted like and ignore your posts in this thread. Sorry that the ‘randbots’ and ‘freedumb’ people are not willing to play your idiotic games but I am not either.

You're not engaging because I'm right and you can't admit it. Your position is as unjustifiable as a dollop of trans fat mayonnaise.

Last edited:
Uh people, it's clear ISIS is behind this Trans Fat and Global Warming thing. Wake up. We're all gonna die.

God, so many people enjoy living in fear. What a shame.

Don't get Chinese produced baby formula. Problem solved. Duh!

Don't buy items with trans fat in them, problem solved. Duh!

See how easy that is far left drone?

Don't buy items with trans fat in them, problem solved. Duh!

See how easy that is far left drone?

Ha, spot on. But it's too much for a loyal Authority-Worshipper to fathom. Big Brother say it baad, so it baad. Period, end of story,

Uh people, it's clear ISIS is behind this Trans Fat and Global Warming thing. Wake up. We're all gonna die.

God, so many people enjoy living in fear. What a shame.
It is beyond obvious that you are the one living in fear.

Forum List

Back