🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Food industry braces for Obama trans fat ban

hey camp....where did i say this?.....i think you got the wrong guy for that....
Any amount can harm you and there are plenty of studies that show how even small amounts are harmful. That is because the affect is cumulative. The amount accumulated may or may not created a health problem.
I apologize. Think I must have been confused. Sorry.
Two dumbshits in a pod.
aww whats the matter rabbi?....get bested yet again?.....are you going to tell us to fuck off?....
Bested? I kicked your ass all over thsi thread. Remind me again how transfats are like polonium and people keel over and die just from eating them once.
sure you did....you proved your side with all those posted links backing your shit up....and where did i even imply this?.... Remind me again how transfats are like polonium and people keel over and die just from eating them once.....this is the second time you said i said this....maybe this time,unlike the last,you can prove i said this....how about it?.....going to man up?....
Yawn. Go away.

People like you need to stop thinking your personal political preferences and beliefs supersede common sense, science and public safety. I don't want private for profit businesses to be allowed to add ingredients to my child's food without being required to tell me. And I don't want them to be able to play games with ingredients that are proven to be harmful at any level. Some things just don't belong in food. Artificially produced trans fat is one of them.

Oh my the irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

Yet they are ok with government telling what to do without any explanation..

When in doubt, just ban it... Except when it comes to killing their babies. Don't you dare ban that.

All formula milk contains trans fat warns expert - The Standard
People like you need to stop thinking your personal political preferences and beliefs supersede common sense, science and public safety. I don't want private for profit businesses to be allowed to add ingredients to my child's food without being required to tell me. And I don't want them to be able to play games with ingredients that are proven to be harmful at any level. Some things just don't belong in food. Artificially produced trans fat is one of them.

When in doubt, just ban it... Except when it comes to killing their babies. Don't you dare ban that.

Don't get Chinese produced baby formula. Problem solved. Duh!

Don't buy items with trans fat in them, problem solved. Duh!

See how easy that is far left drone?
Do you even know what this topic is about? Trans fat is finding it's way into the foods and food chain without notification to the public. How do people know if trans fat is in their food if producers are allowed to claim 0% trans fat when there is in fact trans fat in the product?

Do you even know what this topic is about? Trans fat is finding it's way into the foods and food chain without notification to the public. How do people know if trans fat is in their food if producers are allowed to claim 0% trans fat when there is in fact trans fat in the product?

Yes it is about the far left wanting ban things..

When it is proven that you can just avoid said foods, just like avoiding products made in China. Maybe we should ban all the products coming in from China..

Ha, spot on. But it's too much for a loyal Authority-Worshipper to fathom. Big Brother say it baad, so it baad. Period, end of story,

--- because only police states have planes and roads and postal services and public parks and food safety standards and drug safety standards. Under this logic there's "no reason" to control arsenic in food, "no reason" to screen for salmonella, "no reason" to regulate air traffic, and "no reason" to have municipal water systems with EEBIL EEBIL gubmint lackeys telling us to boil water when the municipal system's been upset.

Go find your own well, right caveman?

From the previous (2013) thread on this "ban"...

Here's a taste of what you can expect to find on the table this Thanksgiving. Bon appétit!

Canned mushrooms can include more than 20 maggots “of any size” and 75 mites, per 100 grams. Same goes for 15 grams of dried mushrooms. No more than 10% of your mushrooms can be “decomposed.”

For every 100 grams of ground cinnamon, it’s OK to include 400 or more insect fragments (legs, heads, wings, thoraxes, etc.), and 22 or more rodent hairs—a substance the FDA charmingly refers to as “rodent filth.”

Brussels sprouts can include 30 or more tiny insects, called aphids, per every 100 grams of veggie.(source)​

..... Is the Big Bad fascist FDA depriving us of the right to eat more maggots? Are my Constitutional rights to munch rodent hairs infringed here? Who is the government to tell me I can't have insect thoraxes?

This is the absurd point we reach when we ride the ideological dogma into the ground. Makes no sense. Defending the right for a company we're not even part of to inject toxins into food that we wouldn't eat anyway? What the hell is the point?

Once AGAIN -- what the FDA is doing is proposing, with the requisite comment period, to take trans fats off the GRAS list. ALL of what we eat is already regulated by the GRAS list, and as noted before, not nearly to the extent it should be (see Aspartame -- if only some of you so rabid about government abuse were equally vigilant about corporate abuse, but noooooo....)

The government has been overseeing safety standards in food and drugs for over a century and a half.
Some people just need to pull their head out of the Rand.

This just in... Breaking News: ISIS is behind the Trans Fat Genocide. And their Al Qaeda buddies were behind the Margarine Genocide. So many Americans have been cleansed. Something has to be done. I'm calling the UN right now dammit.

Last edited:

Ha, spot on. But it's too much for a loyal Authority-Worshipper to fathom. Big Brother say it baad, so it baad. Period, end of story,

--- because only police states have planes and roads and postal services and public parks and food safety standards and drug safety standards. Under this logic there's "no reason" to control arsenic in food, "no reason" to screen for salmonella, "no reason" to regulate air traffic, and "no reason" to have municipal water systems with EEBIL EEBIL gubmint lackeys telling us to boil water when the municipal system's been upset.

Here's a taste of what you can expect to find on the table this Thanksgiving. Bon appétit!

Canned mushrooms can include more than 20 maggots “of any size” and 75 mites, per 100 grams. Same goes for 15 grams of dried mushrooms. No more than 10% of your mushrooms can be “decomposed.”

For every 100 grams of ground cinnamon, it’s OK to include 400 or more insect fragments (legs, heads, wings, thoraxes, etc.), and 22 or more rodent hairs—a substance the FDA charmingly refers to as “rodent filth.”

Brussels sprouts can include 30 or more tiny insects, called aphids, per every 100 grams of veggie.(source)​

..... Is the Big Bad fascist FDA depriving us of the right to eat more maggots? Are my Constitutional rights to munch rodent hairs infringed here? Who is the government to tell me I can't have insect thoraxes?

This is the absurd point we reach when we ride the ideological dogma into the ground. Makes no sense. Defending the right for a company we're not even part of to inject toxins into food that we wouldn't eat anyway? What the hell is the point?

Once AGAIN -- what the FDA is doing is proposing, with the requisite comment period, to take trans fats off the GRAS list. ALL of what we eat is already regulated by the GRAS list, and as noted before, not nearly to the extent it should be (see Aspartame -- if only some of you so rabid about government abuse were equally vigilant about corporate abuse, but noooooo....)

The government has been overseeing safety standards in food and drugs for over a century and a half.

And the far left narrative runs without question or hesitation.

Another failed far left religious talking point being made here..

And the far left narrative runs without question or hesitation.

Another failed far left religious talking point being made here..

Another day, another over-priced Taxpayer-funded study. Maybe it's time to ban studies?

When it is proven that you can just avoid said foods, just like avoiding products made in China. Maybe we should ban all the products coming in from China..
What was the point of you posting a link to a story about authorities finding that a Chinese manufacturer was adding dangerous produced trans fat to it's baby formula. Baby formula is made without produced trans fat. It is even made purposefully with extremely low amounts of natural trans fat. Fat free or soy milks are used. Are you upset and arguing that the Chinese should be allowed to send baby foods to America with trace amounts of poison or harmful elements in them?

What was the point of you posting a link to a story about authorities finding that a Chinese manufacturer was adding dangerous produced trans fat to it's baby formula. Baby formula is made without produced trans fat. It is even made purposefully with extremely low amounts of natural trans fat. Fat free or soy milks are used. Are you upset and arguing that the Chinese should be allowed to send baby foods to America with trace amounts of poison or harmful elements in them?

The point was to prove that the far left drones who want things banned are not connected to reality..

So based on the far left logic you have displayed, do we ban everything form China?

Yet heart disease is the number one killer in this country. You are an extremist of the worst kind. The FDA is going to remove a poison from food that you can't taste, and won't miss, but your ideology is more important than the lives of your fellow countrymen and women. You are mentally ill and need help.
Poor eating and lifestyle choices lead to heart disease. Typically, liberals find a bogey man to blame. Also typically, if a lib doesn't like something they want to outlaw it for everyone. But why stop there if your concern is genuine? Why not ban processed foods, period?
Food products should be banned only if they are either proved to be very danger to the public such as puffer fish, or products that are a serious health risk where the public is not able to evaluate that risk, such as foods with trans fats.

Well then they should become more responsible and learn how to evaluate. If you eat too many greasy french fries, it's probably not too good for you. It isn't rocket science. We can't just ban things because many among us are lazy & dumb.

Where do you see a "ban" here?
Point it out.

Still waiting on where this "ban" is ............................... :eusa_whistle:

The point was to prove that the far left drones who want things banned are not connected to reality..

So based on the far left logic you have displayed, do we ban everything form China?

Why do you always have to make stuff up. No one has said anything about banning all products from China but you. We ban products that have certain elements and ingredients. Do you have a problem with banning lead painted toys? Canned meat laced with arsenic?

Why do you always have to make stuff up. No one has said anything about banning all products from China but you. We ban products that have certain elements and ingredients. Do you have a problem with banning lead painted toys? Canned meat laced with arsenic?

So based on the far left logic that you have displayed do we ban products from China?

Can you answer the question far left drone?

Ah, First World 'problems.' Pretty loony stuff. So many starving Third World children. I'm pretty sure they would gobble up all the evil Trans Fat food they could get their tiny frail hands on.

Ain't gonna lie, it's nice being a fat American. Ya get to sit around whining about 'Trans Fat/Margarine Genocides.' What a country. You really did hit the lottery being born in America. Seriously, it's true.

I enjoy my Big Gulp and greasy burger & fries once and awhile. It's all about moderation. We can't ban things just because many among us are lazy and dumb. You eat too many 'bad' foods, that's on you. The rest shouldn't be punished for your stupidity. So, leave my burger & fries alone. Piss off Big Brother! :)

I enjoy my Big Gulp and greasy burger & fries once and awhile. It's all about moderation. We can't ban things just because many among us are lazy and dumb. You eat too many 'bad' foods, that's on you. The rest shouldn't be punished for your stupidity. So, leave my burger & fries alone. Piss off Big Brother! :)

Where's this "ban" then?

impatient.gif

Funny -- all these posts and not one answers that.

You sound pretty extreme yourself. You're gonna die of something. Big Brother can't change that. So stop being an Authoritarian. Once you do stop, you'll feel liberated.

Ironic to cry the blues about "Authoritarianism", when you can't get your knee pads on fast enough any time a corporation says boo, doncha think, fascist sycophant?

One day Americans will beg Big Brother for just a little food, water, and electricity. They'll thank him and praise him for the tiny scraps he'll throw to them. That is where we're heading. Bet on that.
You could be right, but that is no reason why we should allow people to feed poison to the population in the mean time. Government's job at minimum is to protect the citizens from harm, both external and internal.

Along with freedom comes choices and personal responsibility. Trans fats are not poisons... unless you're ingesting a shitload of them daily.
You are admitting that trans fat has at least a potential to be a poison. Unfortunately, millions of people ingested large amounts of trans fats in the past and it killed them after causing heart disease and strokes. As you know, the affect is cumulative. It may take many years for the poisonous effect to cause death, but the length of time a poison takes to cause harm is not an issue as to whether it is a poison or not. I agree that along with freedom comes choices, but not informing the consumer of an ingredient in a product does not offer freedom. Freedom would only be present if the producer informs the consumer of what is in the product.

So do a lot of things.... but you said they were a poison. Too much water can be poisonous as can too much oxygen, too much aspirin, too much caffeine, etc. Shit, we were told to lay off the butter and stick to Oleo, now we know that butter is far les harmful.

Look, I'm not advocating shitty eating, but I do tire of these "do-gooders" always wanting a new regulation over what I can or cannot eat.

It's just enough already. If you're gonna down Arby's, McDonalds and Popeye's on a daily basis, your health will suffer.

Ironic to cry the blues about "Authoritarianism", when you can't get your knee pads on fast enough any time a corporation says boo, doncha think, fascist sycophant?

One day Americans will beg Big Brother for just a little food, water, and electricity. They'll thank him and praise him for the tiny scraps he'll throw to them. That is where we're heading. Bet on that.
You could be right, but that is no reason why we should allow people to feed poison to the population in the mean time. Government's job at minimum is to protect the citizens from harm, both external and internal.

Along with freedom comes choices and personal responsibility. Trans fats are not poisons... unless you're ingesting a shitload of them daily.
You are admitting that trans fat has at least a potential to be a poison. Unfortunately, millions of people ingested large amounts of trans fats in the past and it killed them after causing heart disease and strokes. As you know, the affect is cumulative. It may take many years for the poisonous effect to cause death, but the length of time a poison takes to cause harm is not an issue as to whether it is a poison or not. I agree that along with freedom comes choices, but not informing the consumer of an ingredient in a product does not offer freedom. Freedom would only be present if the producer informs the consumer of what is in the product.

So do a lot of things.... but you said they were a poison. Too much water can be poisonous as can too much oxygen, too much aspirin, too much caffeine, etc. Shit, we were told to lay off the butter and stick to Oleo, now we know that butter is far les harmful.

Look, I'm not advocating shitty eating, but I do tire of these "do-gooders" always wanting a new regulation over what I can or cannot eat.
It's just enough already. If you're gonna down Arby's, McDonalds and Popeye's on a daily basis, your health will suffer.

All of the things you mention have a use, a beneficial use or purpose of nutritional or medical purposes. and can be used safely if used properly. Man made trans fat has no medical or nutritional beneficial purpose. It only has a negative affect on medical or nutritional terms. Because it is a agent that stays in the body and attaches itself to the walls of blood vessels, it is cumulative. A little bit at a time eventually adds up to a lot. You can drink a tiny bit, perhaps a very small fraction of a drop of anti freeze and it will not kill you or even make you sick. It will however cause calcium oxolate crystals to develop in your organs and eventually kill you.
The regulations objected to in this thread are not regulations that prevent people from eating any product they want to eat. They are regulations against not labeling to inform people of what they are eating or regulations to make producers prove that an ingredient being added is not unhealthy when scientific research has shown that the ingredient is in fact harmful. Research has proven anti freeze added to food is harmful. If you want to add it to your food product, you have to prove that it is not.

All of the things you mention have a use, a beneficial use or purpose of nutritional or medical purposes. and can be used safely if used properly. Man made trans fat has no medical or nutritional beneficial purpose. It only has a negative affect on medical or nutritional terms. Because it is a agent that stays in the body and attaches itself to the walls of blood vessels, it is cumulative. A little bit at a time eventually adds up to a lot. You can drink a tiny bit, perhaps a very small fraction of a drop of anti freeze and it will not kill you or even make you sick. It will however cause calcium oxolate crystals to develop in your organs and eventually kill you.
The regulations objected to in this thread are not regulations that prevent people from eating any product they want to eat. They are regulations against not labeling to inform people of what they are eating or regulations to make producers prove that an ingredient being added is not unhealthy when scientific research has shown that the ingredient is in fact harmful. Research has proven anti freeze added to food is harmful. If you want to add it to your food product, you have to prove that it is not.

Labelling, no problem... I actually agree with that. People should have all the info they can at hand when it comes to certain tings. But stupid shit like you can't buy large Cokes just pisses me off. And I don't drink soft drinks.

Despite this concern, the NAS dietary recommendations have not recommended the elimination of trans fat from the diet. This is because trans fat is naturally present in many animal foods in trace quantities, and therefore its removal from ordinary diets might introduce undesirable side effects and nutritional imbalances if proper nutritional planning is not undertaken.

See hew the far left wants to "ban" something when the science disagrees with a "ban"..

Despite this concern, the NAS dietary recommendations have not recommended the elimination of trans fat from the diet. This is because trans fat is naturally present in many animal foods in trace quantities, and therefore its removal from ordinary diets might introduce undesirable side effects and nutritional imbalances if proper nutritional planning is not undertaken.

See hew the far left wants to "ban" something when the science disagrees with a "ban"..

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

:lol:

Forum List

Back