For the First Time in My Life, I'm Listening to Don Black

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
I'm sure I'm not the only one, after Anti-Free Speech Nazis got his website booted off.

Today's topic, the illegal shutdown of Stormfront (his words)

Still available on youtube

I'm sure I'm not the only one, after Anti-Free Speech Nazis got his website booted off.

Today's topic, the illegal shutdown of Stormfront (his words)

Still available on youtube
What was illegal about it?

It's too bad that the Federal Government isn't in charge of hosting websites.

Then he might have a point.

Yeah then we can be just like China and N. Korea and only go where daddy Gov. allows you to go. That's a real smart want there.

Yeah then we can be just like China and N. Korea and only go where daddy Gov. allows you to go. That's a real smart want there.
Ya know, if you had a brain you'd be dangerous........ :eusa_whistle:

Oh and that's not a simple put down, there's volumes of inferences in there that I seriously doubt you're smart enough to get.

I don't actually understand this entire fixation with saying that the First Amendment has been destroyed because Stormfront was shut down.

What was the software that they were using? Was it a forum, a blog, what?

I have never been to Stormfront so I honestly don't know what kind of platform they were using.

However, from what I gather, they were making pretty good money. What is to prevent them from purchasing a few 2U servers and putting them in a data center like Rackspace and hosting their own website? Or purchasing an Optical pipeline and run a server directly to the internet? Then they would not be at the mercy of anyone and could promote whatever it is they promote.

I don't actually understand this entire fixation with saying that the First Amendment has been destroyed because Stormfront was shut down.

I just find it funny that people make these threads about the First Amendment being destroyed, and they only prove that they don't understand how the First Amendment works.

In fact, the above example is the First Amendment in action, whereby the website housing company is free to remove any client with whom they do not agree without any government interference.

I just find it funny that people make these threads about the First Amendment being destroyed, and they only prove that they don't understand how the First Amendment works.

In fact, the above example is the First Amendment in action, whereby the website housing company is free to remove any client with whom they do not agree without any government interference.
Usually, there is a term of service or End User Agreement they sign. These are legal documents and enforceable. So, the question comes down to the hosting company interpretation of the agreement. If they are playing loose and fast with definitions, they could face a legal challenge. Regardless, no hosting company is a government and so the First Amendment does not apply, like you said.

Usually, there is a term of service or End User Agreement they sign. These are legal documents and enforceable. So, the question comes down to the hosting company interpretation of the agreement. If they are playing loose and fast with definitions, they could face a legal challenge. Regardless, no hosting company is a government and so the First Amendment does not apply, like you said.

However, if a legal challenge occurred, it would be a breach of contract challenge, rather than a First Amendment challenge.

However, if a legal challenge occurred, it would be a breach of contract challenge, rather than a First Amendment challenge.
Of course.

Well don't you feel just special....... :lol:
Point is, you won't stop ideas with censorship, dumbass
Cassandra

That's what you're supposed to think. Congratulations, you've passed the test on nice-sounding but untrue clichés. Actually, you are censoring censorship itself with the lie you're told that it doesn't work.

But there is another, more effective method of thought control: train and tame people to only accept ideas pontificated by some designated authority. That way, people can say anything they want, but originality will automatically be rejected. So you can censor the ears.

Forum List

Back