For thise who call me lazy or a mooch, here's my latest lazy gig

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20200722_140602.jpg

It's almost done!

Ripped out a wall, small shower, old tile floor and old jacuzzi.
Put in a heated floor and doubled the shower size with dual valves and led lighted recessed soap niches. Still got a big ass free standing air jet tub to put in.

20200624_125805.jpg

View attachment 366158
It's almost done!

Put in a heated floor and doubled the shower size with dual valves and led lighted recessed soap niches. Still got a big ass free standing air jet tub to put in.

View attachment 366159
Hope you dont plan to use those anytime soon, seems that water would go everywhere....

• Banned
View attachment 366158
It's almost done!

View attachment 366159
Hope you dont plan to use those anytime soon, seems that water would go everywhere....
It gets ⅝'s glass after everything is done lol

You gonna grout all those gaps? From the photo, the wiring for the jet tub looks sketchy. Looks like the sub floor is in serious stress from that tub.

Been remodeling my house for the last two and half years. I bought a dilapidated shack and slowly but surely it is becoming a palace. I do all my own work so it's slow. Total gut job with new everything. Sucks to work on houses all day and come home to yet further carpentry tasks.

Been remodeling my house for the last two and half years. I bought a dilapidated shack and slowly but surely it is becoming a palace. I do all my own work so it's slow. Total gut job with new everything. Sucks to work on houses all day and come home to yet further carpentry tasks.
Definitely agree there. Last weekend we ripped out all the walls in my basement and redesigned it to be more open. Ran all the electrical and hung half the rock. Got halfway through mudding the joints and haven't been back down there since lol

View attachment 366158
It's almost done!

View attachment 366159
I dig the aesthetics of that shower setup. Very slick.
Thanks!
The porcelain on the floors and walls were my selections but after ordering they changed to the glass accent and undulating floor stones. Originally the shower pan was supposed to have two identical vertical waterfall stripes centered on the valves and then over the full ceiling but the new product they picked was too heavy for a ceiling application and would have posed an injury risk.

Definitely agree there. Last weekend we ripped out all the walls in my basement and redesigned it to be more open. Ran all the electrical and hung half the rock. Got halfway through mudding the joints and haven't been back down there since lol
I hate sheet rock with a passion. I did hard coat plaster knockdown with round corners because after 40 years of being a woodworker or carpenter of some sort a slick sheetrock finish is apparently beyond my abilities.

Ok, so you do bathrooms...Well, actually you hire people to do the bathrooms.
I did concrete removal today, not near as exciting as a terlit overhaul..

Ok so you do bathrooms...Well actually you hire people to do the bathrooms.
I do all the work myself now. My last lead man retired after 16 years with me and I have no interest in starting over with noobs who cause me to wear a fireman's uniform all the time putting out fires (fuckups)

Ok, so you do bathrooms...Well, actually you hire people to do the bathrooms.
I did concrete removal today, not near as exciting as a terlit overhaul..
I refinished drawer fronts and doors for a kitchen remodel. Tomorrow I will be painting. The next day I will be installing a bullet proof window in the courthouse.

I did concrete removal today
Concrete demo sucks ass. Hate it with a passion. Even the lightweight shit with the chicken wire in it. Haydite I think they call it? Fireproofing & sound proofing bullshit. It always ends up being a tangled fucking mess from all the wire mesh. And dusty as western Kansas to boot. HATE IT

View attachment 366158
It's almost done!

View attachment 366159
Thanks!
The porcelain on the floors and walls were my selections but after ordering they changed to the glass accent and undulating floor stones. Originally the shower pan was supposed to have two identical vertical waterfall stripes centered on the valves and then over the full ceiling but the new product they picked was too heavy for a ceiling application and would have posed an injury risk.
Waterfall stripes? Holy shit, that's a shower feature I didn't even realize I've always wanted.

View attachment 366158
It's almost done!

View attachment 366159
Thanks!
Waterfall stripes? Holy shit, that's a shower feature I didn't even realize I've always wanted.
605802854.jpg

Look on the left wall. That covered the floor, up the center of the valve & spout then across the ceiling.
Should have been a different color but still pops like a firecracker in person.

Forum List

Back