For those of you who think Obama has not helped create or save jobs...

I don't think you can, Billy...because between you and I...I think you're slowly becoming aware of how few exceptional things Obama really HAS accomplished in his career. The truth is...he took that ground breaking first black President of the Harvard Law Review and parlayed it into a six figure book deal, a lucrative position at a prestigious Chicago law firm, a teaching position at the University of Chicago, a State Senator's job, a US Senator's job and finally the White House all without doing much of anything along the way except talking a good game. It's all a facade. He's the empty suit I described earlier...impressive at first look but the deeper you probe there's nothing there.

I don't think you can, Billy...because between you and I...I think you're slowly becoming aware of how few exceptional things Obama really HAS accomplished in his career. The truth is...he took that ground breaking first black President of the Harvard Law Review and parlayed it into a six figure book deal, a lucrative position at a prestigious Chicago law firm, a teaching position at the University of Chicago, a State Senator's job, a US Senator's job and finally the White House all without doing much of anything along the way except talking a good game. It's all a facade. He's the empty suit I described earlier...impressive at first look but the deeper you probe there's nothing there.

His entire career is based on: 1) he's black (which he isn't), 2) his keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic convention.
That's it. There is no real accomplishment anywhere. When Giuliani spoke in his keynote speech about how Obama voted "present" that should have been a tip off that we don't have a decider here but a bumbler.

Yet you had time to weasel out of answering it once again.

If you don't want to answer it because you don't want to, or can't, or it might make you question the effectiveness of the stimulus, that's fine. Just say so.

I addressed your "research". It's crap.

Then you obviously do not understand research.

Still dodging my request to provide me with something scholarly that Barack Obama ever produced while he was President of the Harvard Law Review (he's the only one in their entire history not to publish in the Review under his name), taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago (most professors publish scholarly works on a regular basis...so where's anything Barack wrote?) or an important piece of legislation that HE wrote while he was a State Senator or a US Senator. Surely you must be able to come up with SOMETHING exceptional this man has produced in the last thirty years? Right?

I don't understand why it's so important to you that I do. What concerns me is his presidency. So far, he's done a good job. I've provided evidence to support that. What you are blathering about is a desperate attempt to win this argument therefore I am ignoring it. Call it dodging if you want, I really don't care.

Yet you had time to weasel out of answering it once again.

If you don't want to answer it because you don't want to, or can't, or it might make you question the effectiveness of the stimulus, that's fine. Just say so.

I addressed your "research". It's crap.

I understand leftist research. It goes like this:

1. Determine the desired conclusion.

2. Cherry-pick and alter data to bring about the conclusion.

And you still run away from my question. Damned coward.

The CBO is leftist? The fact you call it leftist research shows how ignorant you are. What exactly makes it leftist? That it doesn't jive with your opinion? You have yet to explain that.

I didn't run from your question. Like I told you, the stimulus created sustainable jobs. Do you not understand the word? I'm not sure what else I can do for you there.

The CBO is leftist? The fact you call it leftist research shows how ignorant you are. What exactly makes it leftist? That it doesn't jive with your opinion? You have yet to explain that.

I didn't run from your question. Like I told you, the stimulus created sustainable jobs. Do you not understand the word? I'm not sure what else I can do for you there.
The CBO is not leftist. But they do have rules, which the Democrats gamed. Their analysis of the stimulus assumes that spending X will produce Y number of jobs. Nowhere is there empirical evidence that actually happened.
I have pointed this out about 10 times when this misleading statement comes up.

Still dodging my request to provide me with something scholarly that Barack Obama ever produced while he was President of the Harvard Law Review (he's the only one in their entire history not to publish in the Review under his name), taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago (most professors publish scholarly works on a regular basis...so where's anything Barack wrote?) or an important piece of legislation that HE wrote while he was a State Senator or a US Senator. Surely you must be able to come up with SOMETHING exceptional this man has produced in the last thirty years? Right?

I don't understand why it's so important to you that I do. What concerns me is his presidency. So far, he's done a good job. I've provided evidence to support that. What you are blathering about is a desperate attempt to win this argument therefore I am ignoring it. Call it dodging if you want, I really don't care.

The reason it's "important", Billy...is that once you realize that Obama IS nothing more than an empty suit who has never done anything that should have gotten him anywhere near the Oval Office, let alone sitting behind the desk...once you strip him of the "myth" of his intellect...and really examine what it is he's done since he took the oath of office, it's a no-brainer that he shouldn't even be considered for a second term. THAT is why it's so important to me.

We need someone in the Presidency who can accomplish great things...someone with big ideas. Barack Obama isn't that guy...never was that guy and from all appearences, never will BE that guy.

Last edited:

The CBO is not leftist. But they do have rules, which the Democrats gamed. Their analysis of the stimulus assumes that spending X will produce Y number of jobs. Nowhere is there empirical evidence that actually happened.
I have pointed this out about 10 times when this misleading statement comes up.

Watch out !

Octochrissy will post the three graphs he pulls out of his ass (notice they get more brown each time they get posted ?).

The Stimulus created a lot of blog entries and that is about it. I wish the folks on the left would shut up and get on with life.

The stimulus was bust.

President Obama is a one termer.

Liberals hate liberty (especially yours !).

I'm curious, Billy...what "sustainable" jobs did the Obama Stimulus create? It certainly wasn't in the "shovel ready" jobs that never existed. It certainly wasn't in Solyndra, Evergreen Solar, Johnson Controls or Green Vehicles. We totally wasted hundreds of millions of dollars on each of these "green pipe dreams". Was it in the public sector? Only two MAJOR problems with that concept...first of all Obama's Stimulus "saved" jobs in the public sector, it didn't create them...and secondly most of the jobs that were "saved" have either been lost or will be lost unless Obama gets a second stimulus to keep the whole house of cards standing. Hard to view any part of that as "sustainable".

So tell me what sustainable jobs Barack created with that trillion dollars we spent that we had to borrow from China...the cherry on top of our debt "sundae" that pushed us into the first credit downgrade in the nation's history? I'm dying to know what sustainable jobs you can come up with.

Let me see, Billy...you can't come up with any exceptional scholarly or legislative accomplishments of Barack Obama's while he was President of the Law Review, teaching law at the Universtity of Chicago or while he was either a State or US Senator...and now you can't come up with any examples of "sustainable" jobs that he created with his stimulus...but you STILL think we should re-elect this guy? Why pray tell? Just what is it that this guy has done that makes you think he deserved a first term, let alone a second? I'm sorry but I don't get it...

Let me see, Billy...you can't come up with any exceptional scholarly or legislative accomplishments of Barack Obama's while he was President of the Law Review, teaching law at the Universtity of Chicago or while he was either a State or US Senator...and now you can't come up with any examples of "sustainable" jobs that he created with his stimulus...but you STILL think we should re-elect this guy? Why pray tell? Just what is it that this guy has done that makes you think he deserved a first term, let alone a second? I'm sorry but I don't get it...

it's interesting that you accuse me of dodging yet you are quite guilty of it yourself. You didn't answer my challenge to what makes the studies I cited unreliable. No one has. You also haven't addressed my question about reading the raw legislation of ObamaCare. Obviously my theory was correct that everything you know about it you learned from Fox News.

I've made it clear over and over what Obama has done with for this country and you choose to ignore it. Have you seen the first two links in my signature? Oh, wait I forgot, you cons say PolitiFact is a "liberal blog", which is such horseshit.

Why are these jobs sustainable? Because they are jobs in the private sector. Tell me, what makes any jobs in the private sector sustainable? Yes, the money was borrowed, but obviously big business wasn't helping. They've failed to create any significant economic growth during the recession. The government had to step in.

it's interesting that you accuse me of dodging yet you are quite guilty of it yourself. You didn't answer my challenge to what makes the studies I cited unreliable. No one has. You also haven't addressed my question about reading the raw legislation of ObamaCare. Obviously my theory was correct that everything you know about it you learned from Fox News.

I've made it clear over and over what Obama has done with for this country and you choose to ignore it. Have you seen the first two links in my signature? Oh, wait I forgot, you cons say PolitiFact is a "liberal blog", which is such horseshit.

Why are these jobs sustainable? Because they are jobs in the private sector. Tell me, what makes any jobs in the private sector sustainable? Yes, the money was borrowed, but obviously big business wasn't helping. They've failed to create any significant economic growth during the recession. The government had to step in.

You seem to be the one avoiding any discussion here and merely repeating your points as if they were proven. They are not. The fact is Obama had very little in the way of accomplishment before taking office. And since taking office he has largely let the Democrats in Congress write his agenda.

Lemme see, I'm not a Noble Prize winning economist like Krugman, but the Failed Stimulus was $875B and it "Created" 2MM jobs so that's $475,000 per job.

Yeah, that makes sense.

1) The Stimulus: created around 2 million jobs. According to Moody Analytics, it "significantly softened the recession."

I found other independent research showing "possible economic progress" under Obama's stimulus, but I know you cons would be quick to jump all over any information like that. For now, though, this should settle the argument that Obama "has done nothing." If you would all just stop watching Fox News (or MSNBC), you may just have an informed opinion about Obama.

You can go on about this all day, but all Obama has done is create more government dependence.

And the problem with that is if you keep robbing peter to pay Paul, Peter's going to get pretty sick of it at some point.

Here's the biggest problem- Obama and all of the Republicans have drunk deep of the "Free-Trade Koolaid". There is enough work/consumption being done here to keep people employed. Unfortunately, it's keeping people employed in China, India, the Philippines, etc.

Our Trade deficit is 500 Billion a year. We send 500 billion more out of this country than we take in. to put that in perspective, if you translated that 500B into jobs paying 50K a year, that would be 10 million jobs.

Something to keep in mind when you are talking to "Bobby" in India about why your computer made in China doesn't work.

1) The Stimulus: created around 2 million jobs. According to Moody Analytics, it "significantly softened the recession."

I found other independent research showing "possible economic progress" under Obama's stimulus, but I know you cons would be quick to jump all over any information like that. For now, though, this should settle the argument that Obama "has done nothing." If you would all just stop watching Fox News (or MSNBC), you may just have an informed opinion about Obama.

You can go on about this all day, but all Obama has done is create more government dependence.

And the problem with that is if you keep robbing peter to pay Paul, Peter's going to get pretty sick of it at some point.

Here's the biggest problem- Obama and all of the Republicans have drunk deep of the "Free-Trade Koolaid". There is enough work/consumption being done here to keep people employed. Unfortunately, it's keeping people employed in China, India, the Philippines, etc.

Our Trade deficit is 500 Billion a year. We send 500 billion more out of this country than we take in. to put that in perspective, if you translated that 500B into jobs paying 50K a year, that would be 10 million jobs.

Something to keep in mind when you are talking to "Bobby" in India about why your computer made in China doesn't work.

That's faulty math on the trade deficit. We would lose significant numbers of jobs trying to eliminate that deficit.

Too bad nobody listened to Pat Buchanan.

You've suddenly become as vague about what sustainable jobs were created by Barack Obama as he was about what Hope & Change was, Billy. What sustainable jobs in the private sector are you referring to and how was Obama responsible for their being created?

What Obama did is "save" jobs in the public sector by paying for them with borrowed money and if a job is paid for by borrowing money how do you define that as "sustainable" when we're too broke to borrow again without suffering yet another credit downgrade?

As for big business not "helping"? The REASON big business wasn't creating any significant growth was because the Obama Agenda...ObamaCare, new EPA standards, proposed Cap & Trade legislation, proposed Card Check legislation, pro union - anti business law suits by the DOJ and moratoriums on drilling permits...convinced businesses in general to be cautious about new investments. The government had to "step in" because the Obama Administration had already stepped in and slowed the economic recovery down with it's legislative agenda. You're giving Barack Obama credit for a failed attempt to fix something that he himself damaged.

And I have read the various versions of the health care reform law that Democrats passed...including the Frankenstein's Monster that was cobbled together at the last moment to try and get "something" passed. It's one of the worst pieces of legislation ever crafted in this country. It doesn't do what the American people intended when they called for health care reform...namely lower health care costs...actually raising them for most Americans. It didn't even touch tort reform one of the big drivers of cost in health care...nor does it deal with the exploding costs of our providing free health care to illegal aliens at ER's across the country. It asks us to believe that we can add 30 million additional people to the health care system we currently have while we cut the money being paid TO health care professionals through Medicare and somehow it's all going to work. It also back loaded the expense of the new entitlement program by taxing for it for years before actually starting to pay out benefits which means ten years down the road we're going to be hit with a veritable tsunami of debt when the REAL costs kick in.

Last edited:
Strawman follows strawman, follows strawman, follows strawman, follows strawman...

For a dingleberry who has "critical thinking" in his avatar, you sure don't do much, if any, of it. :lol:

You could learn how the CBO works. They don't generate any of the data they analyze. It's given to them. In this case, the Obama White House gave them the data.

And of course, Obama gave them data that would show only positive results. You, like a useful idiot, swallowed it whole.

You serve your masters well, and you will be rewarded. Actually, you won't -- you'll be thrown under the bus as soon as your utility is over.

Forum List

Back