For those that salivate for the traitor Kim Davis

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
The government doesn't have rights. Citizens do.
When you are working for the government, ESPECIALLY the Judicial Branch, you are part of the government.
Past supreme court cases on the government and first amendment rights :
Pickering v. Bd. of Education, 391 U.S. 563 (1968), Connick v. Myers, 461 U.S. 138 (1983), and Garcetti v. Ceballos, 547 U.S. 410 (2006)

Speeches in question needs to clear several tests before First Amendment protections apply :
1. the speech must touch on a matter of public concern. Complaints about your boss or your working conditions don’t implicate matters of public concern and therefore aren’t protected by the First Amendment. Comments about issues relating to public safety, public finances and similar “big picture” issues do justify constitutional protection.
2. the speech must fall outside of the employee’s job duties.
3. the employee’s interest in free expression must outweigh the government’s interest in the efficient and effective provision of services.

AGAIN I will say : The government doesn't have rights. Citizens do :thup:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of Trustee of the ____________________ Public Library according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God.

Signed

:dunno:

The government has rights and privileges granted by We the People through our legislatures.

We the People have the right to limit any power of the government.

TNHarley, so what is your point?

The government has rights and privileges granted by We the People through our legislatures.

That is assuming our reps give a shit. And it is quit OBVIOUS they do not.
And my obvious point was that Kim Davis is a traitor. She shit on her oath and our Constitution. The government doesn't have rights that we the citizens have. The govt has powers and duties NOT rights.

And my obvious point was that Kim Davis is a traitor. She shit on her oath and our Constitution. The government doesn't have rights that we the citizens have. The govt has powers and duties NOT rights.
Your interp is wrong: govt does have rights given to it by We the People.

Kim Davis, imo, should be impeached and removed from office.

When you are working for the government, ESPECIALLY the Judicial Branch, you are part of the government.
Pickering v. Bd. of Education, 391 U.S. 563 (1968), Connick v. Myers, 461 U.S. 138 (1983), and Garcetti v. Ceballos, 547 U.S. 410 (2006)

Speeches in question needs to clear several tests before First Amendment protections apply :
1. the speech must touch on a matter of public concern. Complaints about your boss or your working conditions don’t implicate matters of public concern and therefore aren’t protected by the First Amendment. Comments about issues relating to public safety, public finances and similar “big picture” issues do justify constitutional protection.
3. the employee’s interest in free expression must outweigh the government’s interest in the efficient and effective provision of services.

I agree 100% that she is in the wrong here.

That being said, I do enjoy watching her make the government fight her every step of the way. Far too many people just roll over when they think their rights are being suppressed. In her case, she's 100% in the wrong, but making people go through the motions to suppress her makes me a bit warm and fuzzy inside.

What rights does government have, statist?
Do they have a right to free speech? I already proved that a LIE.
Do they have right to freedom of religion?
Do they have the right to personal liberty?
Do they have the right to a well regulated militia?
Do they have the right to be secure in ones home?

Because you are wrong, I am now a statist and a liar.

You list constitutional rights limited to We the People, which were created by We the People.

You ignore that We the People gives governments the right to make you obey the civil and criminal laws.

You list constitutional rights limited to We the People, which were created by We the People.

You ignore that We the People gives governments the right to make you obey the civil and criminal laws.
They have powers and duties. NOT rights, Jake. The example you just gave is NOT a right. Try again?

They have powers and duties. NOT rights, Jake. The example you just gave is NOT a right. Try again?
It hurts that you are wrong, but their it is. A police officer, as an agent of the government, has the right to arrest you if you screw up. Tough to be you.

It hurts that you are wrong, but their it is. A police officer, as an agent of the government, has the right to arrest you if you screw up. Tough to be you.
Jesus Christ Jake. That isn't a right. It is a duty.

It is a legal right that give the officer the ability to do his duty. Definitions are not your strong suit, hey?

Now that corporations are "persons" according to SCOTUS, only a matter of time will pass before governments claim the right of persons. God help us.

It is a legal right that give the officer the ability to do his duty. Definitions are not your strong suit, hey?

Now that corporations are "persons" according to SCOTUS, only a matter of time will pass before governments claim the right of persons. God help us.
No it isn't Jake.
Tell me, how does government grant itself rights? Can you point to any certain legislation or constitutional amendments?

The government doesn't have any power, it only has forceful tendencies.

The whole thing is an argument about symantics, non-issue.

Please don't put Kim Davis and salivate in the same sentence ever again. I thank you in advance.

No it isn't Jake. Tell me, how does government grant itself rights? Can you point to any certain legislation or constitutional amendments?
I told you We the People through our legislatures grant the government rights to conduct the people's governmental business. Quit whining; you are wrong.

Forum List

Back