For Those Thinking They Can Simply Remove Their Pistol Brace…

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
Think again! If the gun is an import, only destruction of said gun, or its outright surrender to the ATF is acceptable. The ATF will not register these guns. Still hoping this is just going to go away..?

Think again! If the gun is an import, only destruction of said gun, or its outright surrender to the ATF is acceptable. The ATF will not register these guns. Still hoping this is just going to go away..?

I have never owned an AR pistol till now. The government is giving away 200 bucks! I have never had a need for an SBR, I have full on submachine guns, but they are paying me to get one.

So I will!😁

I have never owned an AR pistol till now. The government is giving away 200 bucks! I have never had a need for an SBR, I have full on submachine guns, but they are paying me to get one.

So I will!😁
Not sure I follow...

Not sure I follow...

I went out and bought a AR pistol a couple of days ago. As soon as ATF publishes their rule change I will file the SBR paperwork. They will issue it, and the Stamp for free!

Then, I pull the stupid brace off and turn it into a proper SBR with a side folding stock, etc.

And, I don't have to wait months for the transfer. I already own the pistol.

All in all it's a good deal. However, if you are afraid of owning NFA firearms then it will be a problem for you.

I am not as I already own a bunch of 'em.

So I will!😁
Do you happen to know if it's just one or can you Form 1 as many as you want?

Asking for a friend. ;)

Not if they are imports. Which is a great many of them...

That is possibly true. I haven't done a full read on the rule.

The problem with that interpretation is it would fall under the "Illegal Taking" legal argument, and those are fairly well defined for firearms, not so much for the cash asset forfeiture crap that cops have been doing for decades, but for guns it is pretty clear.

Forum List

Back