Ford Leaving U.S.

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Want an American made car?

Maybe better get your finances in order and buy one soon.

'Cause soon there won't be any.

Ford is leading the charge:

Ford moving production of Focus and C-Max out of the US - Market Business News

(quoted material in blue)

Ford announced that it will no longer produce the Focus and C-Max vehicles at its Michigan Assembly plant starting in 2018.

In a statement the American automotive giant said:

“We will move production of the next-generation Ford Focus and C-MAX, which currently are built at Michigan Assembly Plant, beginning in 2018.

The company did not say where production will be moving to. It only confirmed that it is looking at “several possible options”.

However, Bill Johnson, UAW Chairman, reportedly told UAW members at the plant that production of the Focus will move “to a location outside of the United States.”

I guess I need to emphasize part of the quoted material above 'cause liberal attention spans are insufficient to read more than one, maybe two, paragraphs:

"However, Bill Johnson, UAW Chairman, reportedly told UAW members at the plant that production of the Focus will move “to a location outside of the United States.”

It's kind of amusing Ford would leave the country with these cars then rather locate to a RTW state, they are screwing all Americans

They are sending us all a Big Fuck you.

But please buy our cars......

Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave now.

It's kind of amusing Ford would leave the country with these cars then rather locate to a RTW state, they are screwing all Americans

Henry was a titan of industry, but he was also a fucking slave-driver.
But that's how we got to where we are today.

Not through the efforts of unions, but through the efforts of the independence of commercial endeavor.

Not through the efforts of unions, but through the efforts of the independence of commercial endeavor.
True but he was way ahead of his time, his first cars could run on gasoline or ethanol, he even teamed up with George Washington Carver to make the first bio plastic hood.

True but he was way ahead of his time, his first cars could run on gasoline or ethanol, he even teamed up with George Washington Carver to make the first bio plastic hood.
The peanut dude?

He must be related to Jimmy Carter.

Not. :slap:

The peanut dude?

play serious, they we're both away ahead of their time and you know it

The peanut dude?

play serious, they we're both away ahead of their time and you know it
Carver, yes. Carter? :lol:

Is the aforesaid Bill Johnson privy to internal Ford decisions, or is he making a statement intend to inflame his audience (plant workers), and bring pressure on Ford to relocate within the U.S.?

I see no reason not to accept Ford's statement that they are still considering their options. Unfortunately, the "U.S. Options" all contain a poison pill, do they not? That Poison Pill being the existence of the United Auto Workers. We have dozens of non-union, successful auto plants in the U.S., where the employees are well compensated and presumably happy (since the UAW has never succeeded in winning a representation election in them), but that is not an option for Ford.

So ironically, the UAW, which bemoans the likelihood of these jobs landing "overseas," is the main reason for that likelihood.

If you drive a Focus and you upset that easily might I suggest a condo in San Francisco

Almost all electrical wiring harnesses for all Fords, GM, and Chrysler plus several foreign marks are made in the Free Trade Zone of Mexico!

Want an American made car?

Maybe better get your finances in order and buy one soon.

'Cause soon there won't be any.

Ford is leading the charge:

Ford moving production of Focus and C-Max out of the US - Market Business News

(quoted material in blue)

Ford announced that it will no longer produce the Focus and C-Max vehicles at its Michigan Assembly plant starting in 2018.

In a statement the American automotive giant said:

“We will move production of the next-generation Ford Focus and C-MAX, which currently are built at Michigan Assembly Plant, beginning in 2018.

The company did not say where production will be moving to. It only confirmed that it is looking at “several possible options”.

However, Bill Johnson, UAW Chairman, reportedly told UAW members at the plant that production of the Focus will move “to a location outside of the United States.”

We have a "1970's" blue fire engine where I work, that has not passed a "Pump Test" for the past 14 years I have worked at my current location. It has some problems with pumping, and the main water tank leaks water, light bar only half works....and other problems/ All of these problems documented by they have not been corrected. We need a F-550 mini-pumper / utility truck, I wonder if they will drop one off on their way out of the country

Three brand new trucks = F-150s bought last September and with in a month....6 weeks two were wrecked, and they have not been repaired. Those damages documented on the daily vehicle inspection form.

Previously...we had to drive a full size F-150 ( 2007 model ?? ) with a bad front end, sway bar deficient...and other mechanical problems....that if a mechanical accident would have happened while we were driving it.....one of us could have been seriously injured or worse. All the deficiencies documented on the daily inspection form, but not corrected. Documentation completed with the vehicle inspection forms that are filled out daily...and at the "plant garage". Mechanical problems with the F-150...were not corrected, and our Department Manager did not force the issue, investigate why the mechanical problems were not corrected...not take it upon himself to see why the problems was not/could not be corrected by communicating with the garage supervisor.

A manager whom - only attends meetings, conducts business off site, travels abroad and worries about the safety aspect of his job instead showing responsibility for the Security, Fire and EMS that he is supposed to oversee also. POOR leadership in my opinion, and he is getting paid for a job he does not fully do.

Chevy Pickups we previously had...the heaters did not work, fans would not work to defrost the windshield....and the Air Conditioners were broke. All problems documented....but the deficiency's were not fixed and our department manager at the time.....would not get us new vehicles....or repair the ones that were mechanically deficient. Our department manager....letting the department "take care of itself"...versus being proactive and taking a stance for the department and correcting deficiency's, and ordering our department the equipment we needed...instead of saying "I don't have the money"...which I do not believe to be true based on other items he spent money on....but not my department.

I told my cousin and his wife a few weeks ago, If I was in charge...."the bullshit" would stop. Favoritism, scheduling problems, unfair overtime...being having to work overtime when other personnel don't...and this has been a problems for 14 years. Work differences, favoritism in the department, double standards and double rules. Some people get off through out the year, and their vacation, while some of us only get out vacation. Some people get to trade shifts ( Person "A" works for person "B"......then person "A" gets paid back at a later date) and some department employees cannot get shift trades.

My job was contracted out...I lost about $900.00 a month in income, I lost three weeks paid vacation...only now getting one...and the first week I got of vacation for the new contracting company I had to pay for my vacation out of my own pocket...I was not paid for vacation. I my lost shift differential....paid sick leave.....retirement...and a host of other benefits, when some people work 6 or 7 1/2 hours a day...and make twice...OR more what I do. Sickening to me how some people can get by with that.

6 and 7 day work weeks....repetitively over months and years...is no fun !

Shadow 355

Last edited:
Good luck with finding an "F550". Ford drew the line at F350 years ago. I once dealt with a Ford F800 fire truck that was given to catching fire. Battery was under the floor on the passenger side - with an uninsulated steel cover. Gee rubber boots are heavy........

About a year ago an acquaintance of mine was killed when the F350 he was driving was hit head-on by a kid driving a rusted out old Nissan pickup. Food for thought in that as to strength and durability.

The kid?

Ran away from the scene.

On foot.

Ford builds an F-450, an F-550, an F-650, and an F-750. I put 70,000 miles on an F-650 and probably 150K on an F-550.

With my wife driving, the 550 was hit head-on by a guy in a Hummer H2. She had a few bruises, a cut on her head (door window shattered), and a sprained ankle. I do not think the H2 driver survived. It had about 930,000 miles.

This is not even news. There is a train coming up the Santa Cruz River Valley near where I live every other night, loaded with Fords produced in Mexico. A significant cost factor for Ford is their responsibility to contribute no less than 50% of the cost of employee health premiums. There is no such expectation in Mexico, which has universal health care.

Ford builds an F-450, an F-550, an F-650, and an F-750. I put 70,000 miles on an F-650 and probably 150K on an F-550.

OMG, you're right! Local dealer now concedes Ford does go beyond the 350 but not available in this state. Of course he does support Democrat candidates so maybe he's lying. Friend who had wanted a replacement for an old F800 dump body was given the "nothing above 350" story so spent some serious bucks for a Freightliner instead.

We treat illegals better than we treat business owners.
That's why business is leaving this country, and illegals are moving in.

Business leaves to boost returns for investors. Illegals are moving in because Republicans continue to provide less funding for Homeland Security, ie; Border Patrol and Coast Guard.

Ford doesn't say 'why' and 'where', so this is nothing more than a screwing of the American worker ploy.

Forum List

Back