🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ford to build plant in Mexico,Trump Responds

Not even a F-350 can climb a 35 foot wall, amiright?

USA.INC is the majority shareholder in Ford....taking away jobs from Americans doesn't matter just so long as it improves their bottom line.

I think the Tango king just announced that the IRS would crack down on overseas corporate moves so Obama and Trump might be in agreement with that one.

USA.INC is the majority shareholder in Ford....taking away jobs from Americans doesn't matter just so long as it improves their bottom line.
Well what do we do now? Support Government Motors? Mexican Motors? Dodge is owned by foreigners now. So what is left for a hard working American to buy?

By the way. Trump makes products outside the United States too. So does he get a pass?

Is threatening companies is really going to make them want to stay in this nation? If I'm running a company and the leader of a nation threatens my company with punatice actions am I more or less likely to want to do business with them?

Last edited:
Donald Trump Slams Ford for Sending More U.S. Jobs, Investment to Mexico - Breitbart

If I was Trump its simple. Tell Ford to enjoy it while it lasts because once he is president that shit ends. Useless fucks can employ 4k mexishits but won't employ Americans.

If Trump become President he will still need Congress to act, and if the Senate is Democratic then nothing will happen, and even if it stays GOP nothing will happen because Congress will not tear up trade agreements just because Trump stomp his foot...

Trump and those that vote for him need to come to reality and realize that what Trump is screaming will never happen, and all he is doing is selling you a load of bull shit, but you will disagree and explain to me how everything Trump has said will come true because he's the man to you!

The President has many legal and legitimate tools s/he can use to make life difficult for a large industrial company like Ford. It is time to invite them to the Oval Office for a candid conversation. Invite a couple members of the UAW executive board.

This is an outrageous development.

Well what do we do now? Support Government Motors? Mexican Motors? Dodge is owned by foreigners now. So what is left for a hard working American to buy?

By the way. Trump makes products outside the United States too. So does he get a pass?

Nothing is going to change. Trump would be nothing but the face of the franchise and CEO of USA.INC. The fix was in before you were even born.

Ford to build plant in Mexico,Trump Responds

Alternate title: Ford to build plant in Mexico, Coyotes Howl

Yeah as shocking as it might be to you, Ford is actually in business to turn a profit and maximize shareholder value, wonders never cease, huh?

Apparently some folks believe that businesses should be seeking out the most expensive labor they can find..... amazingly enough none of those people actually run a business.

Yeah as shocking as it might be to you, Ford is actually in business to turn a profit and maximize shareholder value, wonders never cease, huh?

Apparently some folks believe that businesses should be seeking out the most expensive labor they can find..... amazingly enough none of those people actually run a business.

So you are fine with the off-shoring of jobs and then be allowed to bring those products back over with no tariffs? Would you feel the same way if it was your job that was moved?

So you are fine with the off-shoring of jobs and then be allowed to bring those products back over with no tariffs?
Uh-huh, why wouldn't I be? I am after all a free market capitalist that whole heartedly embraces voluntary exchange and competition and have nothing but disgust for authoritarian statists that believe they should have the power to tell businesses when, where and under what circumstances they can conduct their operations.

Would you feel the same way if it was your job that was moved?
Of course, if my job was "moved" it means that my labor no longer offers a superior value proposition to that of my competition, one has got to accept the potential downsides along with all the upsides of free markets.

The GOP has no intention of ending the entry of illegals into the USA....cheap, compliant labor trumps Trump. As long as the illegals aren't allowed to vote it's a win-win for the GOP...and the Donald will never get that past a GOP Congress. Don't expect any patriotism from Ford or any other corporation....that's not mentioned in their boardrooms anymore.

The automaker has responded to Trump by highlighting its investments in the U.S. At the New York International Auto Show in March, Ford Chief Executive Mark Fields said the company spends more than 80% of its capital in the U.S. and has committed to spending an additional $8 billion to $9 billion in the next four years.

“Since 2011 we've invested over $10 billion in our facilities. We've hired over 25,000 people” in the U.S., Fields said.

Under the new UAW contract, Ford factory workers earn about $60 an hour in wages and benefits, while auto workers in Mexico average about $8 an hour, according to the Center for Automotive Research, a Michigan industry think tank.

Ford to build factory in Mexico, moving small-car production from U.S.

So you are fine with the off-shoring of jobs and then be allowed to bring those products back over with no tariffs?
Uh-huh, why wouldn't I be? I am after all a free market capitalist that whole heartedly embraces voluntary exchange and competition and have nothing but disgust for authoritarian statists that believe they should have the power to tell businesses when, where and under what circumstances they can conduct their operations.

Would you feel the same way if it was your job that was moved?
Of course, if my job was "moved" it means that my labor no longer offers a superior value proposition to that of my competition, one has got to accept the potential downsides along with all the upsides of free markets.

So you think it is a good system where as companies transfer jobs to those in other countries that are not paid a living wage or some place that requires less income in order to eek out an existence and then bring those goods back over here "duty free" and sell those goods to an ever dwindling consumer base that hasn't had their jobs off-shored yet? Can't argue with logic like that. Our founding fathers had a tariff system in place that protected American workers from having to compete with goods made from slave labor and it basically funded the government. Woodrow Wilson destroyed most of it and put the income tax in it's place....how has that worked out for everyone but the.001 percent?

Forum List

Back