Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"

Do you think former president Donald Trump is a sociopath or a psychopath?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Decades ago, I concluded that there sure were a lot of nutty people in the world. But from the very beginning, I underestimated the numbers. As time went on, I kept on raising my estimate of the percentage of people who were either mentally ill, delusional, or suffered from a wide range of personality disorders listed in the DSM-5. Reading the news (both national and international), especially on a daily basis, certainly was a window into numerous pathologies and aberrant human behaviors, but nothing quite focuses the mind like when you run into nutty people in your day to day life.

But as disturbing as it is to find yourself interacting with someone (like a neighbor or a coworker) who you've become convinced is not quite right in the head based on one or more conversations that seemed to take an odd turn at some point, there is usually, but certainly not always, a saving grace when it comes to human hierarchies in business, the military, and gov't at all levels. That's because disturbed people are almost always weeded out of contention for positions of power and serious responsibilities one way or another. For example, police officer candidates are given psychological tests to weed out people who may be on a power trip of one kind or another. The military and most businesses have regular evaluations of members which are regularly reviewed prior to promotions being given out. Then, of course, average everyday people can pick up on certain cues to indicate that there might very well be a problem with someone's mental or emotional stability. But it's not a perfect system for several reasons, not the least of which is because humans and human systems and safeguards are fallible.

So, what happens when a wholly unscrupulous man who is quite likely a sociopath with no conscience, or a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and who lacks an empathy gene or any kind of personal moral guardrails attains real national power? Well, all I can say about that is that we've seen what has happened in other countries over the centuries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America when a power hungry unscrupulous man attains real power and proceeds to dismantle the institutional limits to his power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1623717535127.png

Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"​

For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump was (and is) a dire threat to public safety.

Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

The link below includes more than what is posted above.

Last edited:
Decades ago, I concluded that there sure were a lot of nutty people in the world. But from the very beginning, I underestimated the numbers. As time went on, I kept on raising my estimate of the percentage of people who were either mentally ill, delusional, or suffered from a wide range of personality disorders listed in the DSM-5. Reading the news (both national and international), especially on a daily basis, certainly was a window into numerous pathologies and aberrant human behaviors, but nothing quite focuses the mind like when you run into nutty people in your day to day life.

But as disturbing as it is to find yourself interacting with someone (like a neighbor or a coworker) who you've become convinced is not quite right in the head based on one or more conversations that seemed to take an odd turn at some point, there is usually, but certainly not always, a saving grace when it comes to human hierarchies in business, the military, and gov't at all levels. That's because disturbed people are almost always weeded out of contention for positions of power and serious responsibilities one way or another. For example, police officer candidates are given psychological tests to weed out people who may be on a power trip of one kind or another. The military and most businesses have regular evaluations of members which are regularly reviewed prior to promotions being given out. Then, of course, average everyday people can pick up on certain cues to indicate that there might very well be a problem with someone's mental or emotional stability. But it's not a perfect system for several reasons, not the least of which is because humans and human systems and safeguards are fallible.

So, what happens when a wholly unscrupulous man who is quite likely a sociopath with no conscience, or a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and who lacks an empathy gene or any kind of personal moral guardrails attains real national power? Well, all I can say about that is that we've seen what has happened in other countries over the centuries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America when a power hungry unscrupulous man attains real power and proceeds to dismantle the institutional limits to his power.

View attachment 501527

Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"​

For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump was (and is) a dire threat to public safety.

Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

Ah, another quack who thinks he can "diagnose" a patient he's never examined. LOL!

Is there ANY pseudo-science you nutters don't believe in?

View attachment 501527

damn sure is,,, the leftist are still going nots over him,,

Spot on.

View attachment 501527

I have no doubts that Trump is a dangerous psychopath..

View attachment 501527

Ah, another quack who thinks he can "diagnose" a patient he's never examined. LOL!

Trump's neice say the same thing and she's had access to Trump and the whole family.

View attachment 501527

I agree that an examination and a series of tests would be required to qualify as a diagnosis.

But that doesn't change the fact that medically trained people can observe the public behavior of anyone and reach some tentative conclusions based on that behavior.

As for me, I reached the conclusion that there was something "not quite right" about Trump months before the 2016 election, and that conclusion has only become even more obvious to me in the last five years.

View attachment 501527

There are nutty people, stupid people, and stupid nutty people.

You and the rest of the left would qualify as the latter...

Making a psych evaluation without directly interviewing the subject.

Total shit.
Dude, anyone with even an ounce of sense can see Trump is a severely disturbed individual. Empathy is a core trait of a mentally healthy individual, Trump has none, zero, zip. Mostly because he is too absorbed with himself, which is yet another sign of a mental disturbance. I mean this whole "big lie" is nothing more than a manifestation of Trump's own narcissism, his complete inability to see the big picture, and his complete obsession with himself. He doesn't live in the real world, he never has. If nothing else, Trump is a walking and talking demonstration of why we should have an estate tax. There is no doubt, had he inherited less, that money would have went to better uses. Hell, even paying for studies of the sexual activities of rockfish would have been better than leaving it with Trump's sorry ass to piss away, shit on contractors, and declare bankruptcies while leaving creditors in shit shape.

View attachment 501527

TDS / TRUMP OCD driven post number 23,432

View attachment 501527

That's not really an answer, is it?

View attachment 501527

Correct

consumed by TDS / TRUMP OCD is no way for you to go on living your life

View attachment 501527

there are only 2 genders and your butthole is not a sex organ ...

View attachment 501527

Correct

consumed by TDS / TRUMP OCD is no way for you to go on living your life
It will be years of but, but ,but Trump.
They can't live without their Orange Demon. Even in victory they remain bitter, triggered, and obsessed with a single man. The largest mass hysteria affecting millions...
5cps36.jpg

View attachment 501527

Project much?

Forum List

Back