Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"

Do you think former president Donald Trump is a sociopath or a psychopath?

• Total voters
Decades ago, I concluded that there sure were a lot of nutty people in the world. But from the very beginning, I underestimated the numbers. As time went on, I kept on raising my estimate of the percentage of people who were either mentally ill, delusional, or suffered from a wide range of personality disorders listed in the DSM-5. Reading the news (both national and international), especially on a daily basis, certainly was a window into numerous pathologies and aberrant human behaviors, but nothing quite focuses the mind like when you run into nutty people in your day to day life.

But as disturbing as it is to find yourself interacting with someone (like a neighbor or a coworker) who you've become convinced is not quite right in the head based on one or more conversations that seemed to take an odd turn at some point, there is usually, but certainly not always, a saving grace when it comes to human hierarchies in business, the military, and gov't at all levels. That's because disturbed people are almost always weeded out of contention for positions of power and serious responsibilities one way or another. For example, police officer candidates are given psychological tests to weed out people who may be on a power trip of one kind or another. The military and most businesses have regular evaluations of members which are regularly reviewed prior to promotions being given out. Then, of course, average everyday people can pick up on certain cues to indicate that there might very well be a problem with someone's mental or emotional stability. But it's not a perfect system for several reasons, not the least of which is because humans and human systems and safeguards are fallible.

So, what happens when a wholly unscrupulous man who is quite likely a sociopath with no conscience, or a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and who lacks an empathy gene or any kind of personal moral guardrails attains real national power? Well, all I can say about that is that we've seen what has happened in other countries over the centuries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America when a power hungry unscrupulous man attains real power and proceeds to dismantle the institutional limits to his power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 501527

Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"​

For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump was (and is) a dire threat to public safety.

Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

The link below includes more than what is posted above.

What a TDS afflicted moron.

Decades ago, I concluded that there sure were a lot of nutty people in the world. But from the very beginning, I underestimated the numbers. As time went on, I kept on raising my estimate of the percentage of people who were either mentally ill, delusional, or suffered from a wide range of personality disorders listed in the DSM-5. Reading the news (both national and international), especially on a daily basis, certainly was a window into numerous pathologies and aberrant human behaviors, but nothing quite focuses the mind like when you run into nutty people in your day to day life.

But as disturbing as it is to find yourself interacting with someone (like a neighbor or a coworker) who you've become convinced is not quite right in the head based on one or more conversations that seemed to take an odd turn at some point, there is usually, but certainly not always, a saving grace when it comes to human hierarchies in business, the military, and gov't at all levels. That's because disturbed people are almost always weeded out of contention for positions of power and serious responsibilities one way or another. For example, police officer candidates are given psychological tests to weed out people who may be on a power trip of one kind or another. The military and most businesses have regular evaluations of members which are regularly reviewed prior to promotions being given out. Then, of course, average everyday people can pick up on certain cues to indicate that there might very well be a problem with someone's mental or emotional stability. But it's not a perfect system for several reasons, not the least of which is because humans and human systems and safeguards are fallible.

So, what happens when a wholly unscrupulous man who is quite likely a sociopath with no conscience, or a person who suffers from antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and who lacks an empathy gene or any kind of personal moral guardrails attains real national power? Well, all I can say about that is that we've seen what has happened in other countries over the centuries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America when a power hungry unscrupulous man attains real power and proceeds to dismantle the institutional limits to his power.

View attachment 501527

Former Harvard psychiatrist Lance Dodes: Trump's psychosis is still an "enormous danger"​

For at least the past five years, some of America's and the world's foremost mental health experts have attempted to warn the public that Donald Trump was (and is) a dire threat to public safety.

Based on Trump's public behavior and other available information, these experts warned that he appears to be a malignant narcissist, a pathological liar who is obsessed with violence, easily manipulated by praise and other ego-stroking behavior, indifferent to the suffering of other human beings, anti-social and anti-human in his values and behavior, irresponsible and impulsive and in total quite likely a sociopath or perhaps a psychopath.

Collectively, these mental health experts predicted that Trump's many apparent pathologies would lead to destruction and suffering for the American people and the world.

They were almost entirely correct: Donald Trump undermined and destabilized American society and democracy. He made negligent and irresponsible choices, bordering on outright sabotage, in response to the coronavirus pandemic. These choices may have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and shortened the average lifespan of the American people by several years. He colluded with a hostile foreign power to subvert a presidential election. He attempted a coup which included an attack by his followers on the U.S. Capitol. He very nearly destroyed the American economy and presided over a regime of profound corruption. He inspired and encouraged right-wing terrorism and other political violence. He leads a political cult. He was impeached twice — which is unprecedented in American history — for his various crimes against the Constitution and the country.

Seriously this moron thinks that people who rise in power normally aren't crazy? What a load of BS.....................Quackery at its finest and you posted it.
People who rise in power are certainly and unquestionably ambitious, but there's no reason to suspect that they're 'crazy' without some kind of evidence to support that kind of belief. And just not liking someone's ideology is not a good enough reason.

When it comes to politicians on the national stage, millions of Americans get a chance on an almost daily basis to watch and listen to presidents conveying their thoughts and ideas to the general public. They can use their life experience and good judgment to assess a person's mental state based on any number of cues.

Like everyone else, there have been presidents, both Republican and Democrat that I've voted for and generally supported, but not necessarily all the time with every decision they made, and there were presidents I didn't vote for. However, in a period of time going back decades, I can't think of any president who was on a ballot when I was old enough to vote who I thought might be disturbed in some way. However, there was ONE candidate whose motives and mental state I did question. That was Ross Perot.

Perot famously stated that his supporters (who were both legion and more than a little bit fanatical) were running the campaign because he claimed it was a campaign that operated 'from the ground up.' However, it was later revealed that his campaign was very much a 'top down' one where all decisions were made at the very top with virtually no input from the base. Unlike Bush 41, Clinton in 1992, or Clinton and Dole later on in 1996, I saw Perot as very possibly being the kind of man who had a strong personal tendency to behave in an autocratic manner if given the reins of power.

In contrast, Trump made Perot look like a life-long dedicated parliamentarian.

Liberals = psychotic hate
Do you need more evidence?

When was the last time, if ever, you can recall Trump laughing?

But not just a laugh... How about a chuckle or a smile in response to someone saying something funny or amusing?

You can find plenty of examples of it from previous presidents. But although I've seen pictures of Trump grinning, or smirking, or offering a posed by clearly not a spontaneous smile, I've never seen or heard spontaneously laugh or chuckle in a casual moment of shared revelry.

Is that normal for a human being?
that is not insanity
however if that is your standard, does it also apply to Pelosi, Hillary, Schumer, Nadler.......
the real problem is the left wing psycho hate that can't let go of their obession with Trump
let it go
I'd have no problem letting it go if Trump would just go away. But Trump refuses to do that. He's sticking around for a couple of reasons. One reason is his desire to exact revenge and retribution on anyone and everyone who he thinks has wronged him or failed to be sufficiently loyal, and that includes pretty much anyone in the Republican Party who is insufficiently deferential and subservient to him. That means that Republicans aren't really being loyal to Trump. No, the truth is that they're afraid of him because they're afraid of being primaried by him if they displease him in some way. That reminds me of how legislators feel in countries like Russia because they know that a man like Putin wields power ruthlessly.

The second reason is that Trump seems intent on regaining power which is not as farfetched as I would like to believe it is. I can't help but ask myself about what kind of a president he would be if and when he came back into office with a chip on his shoulder along with a list of people who he wants to punish for daring to challenge what he sees as his absolute authority.

As for me, I love my country too much to want to see our democracy circle the drain merely to satisfy the massive yet fragile ego of one man's numerous psychoses.

Last edited:

View attachment 501527

Academentia

Shrinks are unmanly weaklings, which makes them jealous of a real man like Trump. They use their voodoo science to hide their bitter inferiority with high-sounding psychobabble.

But not just a laugh... How about a chuckle or a smile in response to someone saying something funny or amusing?

You can find plenty of examples of it from previous presidents. But although I've seen pictures of Trump grinning, or smirking, or offering a posed by clearly not a spontaneous smile, I've never seen or heard spontaneously laugh or chuckle in a casual moment of shared revelry.

that is not insanity
however if that is your standard, does it also apply to Pelosi, Hillary, Schumer, Nadler.......
the real problem is the left wing psycho hate that can't let go of their obession with Trump
let it go
I'd have no problem letting it go if Trump would just go away. But Trump refuses to do that. He's sticking around for a couple of reasons. One reason is his desire to exact revenge and retribution on anyone and everyone who he thinks has wronged him or failed to be sufficiently loyal, and that includes pretty much anyone in the Republican Party who is insufficiently deferential and subservient to him. That means that Republicans aren't really being loyal to Trump. No, the truth is that they're afraid of him because they're afraid of being primaried by him if they displease him in some way. That reminds me of how legislators feel in countries like Russia because they know that a man like Putin wields power ruthlessly.

The second reason is that Trump seems intent on regaining power which is not as farfetched as I would like to believe. I can't help but ask myself about what kind of a president he would be if and when he came back into office with a chip on his shoulder along with a list of people who he wants to punish for daring to challenge his authority.

As for me, I love my country too much to want to see our democracy circle the drain to satisfy the massive yet fragile ego of one man's numerous psychoses.
TDS makes you morons stupider by the day. Seek treatment from a qualified mental health professional.

Want to wager whether "mustang" is homo?
Cry Uncle

Just like Trump's dyke niece, who gave us similar jealous psychobabble in Too Much and Never Enough. Her Daddy was a pathetic whining weakling, which, as proven time and time again, drives daughters into muff-diving. Trump is just the opposite, which provoked her bitterness of never having a strong male to look up to. Bull dykes just don't fulfill than requirement, so Mary Quite Contrary winds up as confused and emotionally driven as her psychoanalysis of Uncle Don.

View attachment 501527

Seriously this moron thinks that people who rise in power normally aren't crazy? What a load of BS.....................Quackery at its finest and you posted it.
Crazy is not a clinical term, although I have to admit to using the term myself quite freely in the past as a catch all phrase.

But let's talk about crazy for a moment. Was Saddam Hussein "crazy"? Many people would argue that he was based on the uncounted tens of thousands of people he killed without so much as a second thought. However, many people could argue that, based on his country's ethnic, religious, and tribal rivalries which included people being placed together in one country with artificial borders which colonial powers created just like they had done in Africa, it required a man to rule with an iron fist if he wanted to stay in power. But there's no doubt that he also waged war on his neighbors like Iran and Kuwait as well as his own people which unnecessarily led to the deaths of millions of people. People can argue all they want about whether or not that's sane behavior, but is it behavior that most people would consider normal behavior?

Now let me jump forward and talk about something that Trump did during his entire time as president. He undermined NATO at almost every opportunity and even threatened to withdraw from the alliance. He continuously charged that the NATO countries were playing us for suckers and that they were taking advantage of us.

Really? NATO is an alliance the the US built, and the US just so happens to be the unquestioned leader of the alliance. It's helped to keep the peace in Europe for over 70 years, and everyone knows that peace is far less expensive than war. Additionally, this peace led to a lot of trade between Europe and the US which greatly benefitted the USA.

So, is it normal for a US leader to undermine the very alliance that 12 previous presidents built and strengthened and has served us so well? I don't think it's normal based on what's in our best national interest. I also don't think it's rational. However, it can be understood coming form a man who doesn't like to share power and who wants complete control which he could not have with an alliance where every country has a say in how the alliance would work. This is very much the same way Trump reacted toward Congress when they wanted to have oversight of the Executive Branch and Trump balked and instructed everyone in his administration to refuse to testify in front of Congressional Committees or comply with their subpoenas for documents.

In other words, Trump's view of NATO was based on his need or desire to have full control which is exactly the way he had approached his businesses for decades when he didn't want to share power or credit with anyone, including his first wife, Ivana. That means that Trump wasn't basing his decision on what was in America's best interests; he was basing it on his own personal needs and desires instead. That's not my idea of a rational leader.
Trump has no history or very little if any of people dying around him or close to him. There are Prog politicians who have had that. Making them questionable or suspicious in it.
Perhaps you should ask that question of the hundreds of thousands of American families who have buried loved ones who died from Covid-19 or Covid-19 related complications even as Trump was downplaying the virus while claiming that the virus was just going to disappear.

View attachment 501527

Academentia

Shrinks are unmanly weaklings, which makes them jealous of a real man like Trump. They use their voodoo science to hide their bitter inferiority with high-sounding psychobabble.
You're psychoanalyzing psychiatrists?

that is not insanity
let it go

The second reason is that Trump seems intent on regaining power which is not as farfetched as I would like to believe. I can't help but ask myself about what kind of a president he would be if and when he came back into office with a chip on his shoulder along with a list of people who he wants to punish for daring to challenge his authority.

As for me, I love my country too much to want to see our democracy circle the drain to satisfy the massive yet fragile ego of one man's numerous psychoses.

Trump was an unusual president in that he kept a lot of his promises.
He had good policies that helped our country.
He made good trade deals.
He made NATO pay their dues.
He had the courage to move the American embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
The Abraham Peace agreement gave hope for middle east peace.
The border wall brought back control to our border crossings and legal immigration.
He created the lowest minority unemployment rates in the history of our country.
The Left's fanatical hatred for Trump is not really about his policies, it is about their hatred for the people who voted for him.
The Democrat Party is based on hate.
The Progressives loath mainstream society, white people, middle class taxpayers, Christians, rich people, wasps, suburbanites, midwesterners, southerners.....the essential economic and cultural core of America.
Their "cancel culture" agenda is thinly veiled cultural genocide.
Their "critical race theory" is straight up racism.
Biden is bringing back Barry Obama's failed far left policies.
The Democrats are looting our country and enslaving the taxpayers to debt.
The Democrats are destructive hate filled extremist.
Their out of control lying and corruption and election rigging is undermining our democracy.
People are going to suffer.
But the Democrat Cultist are shielded from reality by the Yellow Press and the Hollywood hate machine and Big Tech book burners.
The Left needs to take some time for introspection and reform themselves.

View attachment 501527

Academentia

You're psychoanalyzing psychiatrists?
Benda-to-an-Agenda

As usual, you think these people are pure spirits, impersonal computers, directed totally by proven facts and making no attempt to twist them into a desired conclusion for personal reasons.

View attachment 501527

The fact that he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder has been clear since before he was elected. This is a profoundly damaged individual. That's a given.

This delusion, though. I don't know if this is a separate issue or an extension of the first one. I guess a case could be made either way.

The bigger story to me remains the flock. One guy is never the story. The question is how many enable him, and how far they can ultimately take him.

View attachment 501527

Crazy is not a clinical term, although I have to admit to using the term myself quite freely in the past as a catch all phrase.

But let's talk about crazy for a moment. Was Saddam Hussein "crazy"? Many people would argue that he was based on the uncounted tens of thousands of people he killed without so much as a second thought. However, many people could argue that, based on his country's ethnic, religious, and tribal rivalries which included people being placed together in one country with artificial borders which colonial powers created just like they had done in Africa, it required a man to rule with an iron fist if he wanted to stay in power. But there's no doubt that he also waged war on his neighbors like Iran and Kuwait as well as his own people which unnecessarily led to the deaths of millions of people. People can argue all they want about whether or not that's sane behavior, but is it behavior that most people would consider normal behavior?

Now let me jump forward and talk about something that Trump did during his entire time as president. He undermined NATO at almost every opportunity and even threatened to withdraw from the alliance. He continuously charged that the NATO countries were playing us for suckers and that they were taking advantage of us.

Really? NATO is an alliance the the US built, and the US just so happens to be the unquestioned leader of the alliance. It's helped to keep the peace in Europe for over 70 years, and everyone knows that peace is far less expensive than war. Additionally, this peace led to a lot of trade between Europe and the US which greatly benefitted the USA.

So, is it normal for a US leader to undermine the very alliance that 12 previous presidents built and strengthened and has served us so well? I don't think it's normal based on what's in our best national interest. I also don't think it's rational. However, it can be understood coming form a man who doesn't like to share power and who wants complete control which he could not have with an alliance where every country has a say in how the alliance would work. This is very much the same way Trump reacted toward Congress when they wanted to have oversight of the Executive Branch and Trump balked and instructed everyone in his administration to refuse to testify in front of Congressional Committees or comply with their subpoenas for documents.

In other words, Trump's view of NATO was based on his need or desire to have full control which is exactly the way he had approached his businesses for decades when he didn't want to share power or credit with anyone, including his first wife, Ivana. That means that Trump wasn't basing his decision on what was in America's best interests; he was basing it on his own personal needs and desires instead. That's not my idea of a rational leader.
Trump has no history or very little if any of people dying around him or close to him. There are Prog politicians who have had that. Making them questionable or suspicious in it.
Perhaps you should ask that question of the hundreds of thousands of American families who have buried loved ones who died from Covid-19 or Covid-19 related complications even as Trump was downplaying the virus while claiming that the virus was just going to disappear.

"Or Covid related complications" like being in a car wreck....

CDC says 93% of Covid deaths are from something else....

And for those who did die of Covid, they can thank the man most responsible for engineering it, fauXI, and the traitor who funded it with us tax dollars, homO.

View attachment 501527

And for those who did die of Covid, they can thank the man most responsible for engineering it, fauXI, and the traitor who funded it with us tax dollars, homO.
See what I mean with nutty people? Take Dr. EMH's medical advice only if you want to maximize the chances of getting sick and finding yourself in a hospital which is, after all, kind of what's currently happening in a lot of red states where the vaccination rates are far lower than they are in the blue states.

View attachment 501527

See what I mean with nutty people? Take Dr. EMH's medical advice only if you want to maximize the chances of getting sick and finding yourself in a hospital which is, after all, kind of what's currently happening in a lot of red states where the vaccination rates are far lower than they are in the blue states.
You are just bias, you prefer lying people.

View attachment 501527

Not at all. If I find that a person is lying to me or is generally disingenuous in any material way that affects my life, they'll find that they won't be in my life any longer.

View attachment 501527

Not at all. If I find that a person is lying to me or is generally disingenuous in any material way that affects my life, they'll find that they won't be in my life any longer.
Then the media should be on your list. And the quack doctors looking to make a buck off the hate for Trump.

EMH does have medical advice.

Do not get the shot, because it is more lethal than Covid was when Covid was actually here last spring.
Do not allow yourself to be tested. The test is bullshit, and there is a seriously treasonous and murderous agenda behind that.
Stay out of hospitals by any means necessary.
Support doing away with all government involvement with healthcare and return to a total market based approach.
Eat healthy food, breathe clean air, exercise, and if you smoke weed, use a bong, as cold water filters out bigger ash particles that stick in your lungs, and heat damages your lungs.

For a scientific example of why use of a bong is healthy and beneficial, search for

Michael phelps bong

Those are not Mr. T's gold chains around Michael phelps' neck, no....

View attachment 501527

Since he didn't actually examine Trump....this guy is a moron.......he should have whatever medical license he has stripped......

View attachment 501527

Ah, another quack who thinks he can "diagnose" a patient he's never examined. LOL!

Is there ANY pseudo-science you nutters don't believe in?
I agree that an examination and a series of tests would be required to qualify as a diagnosis.

But that doesn't change the fact that medically trained people can observe the public behavior of anyone and reach some tentative conclusions based on that behavior.

As for me, I reached the conclusion that there was something "not quite right" about Trump months before the 2016 election, and that conclusion has only become even more obvious to me in the last five years.
I have thought that about many politicians over the decades, their egos are way over the top for many of them.

that is not insanity
let it go

The second reason is that Trump seems intent on regaining power which is not as farfetched as I would like to believe it is. I can't help but ask myself about what kind of a president he would be if and when he came back into office with a chip on his shoulder along with a list of people who he wants to punish for daring to challenge what he sees as his absolute authority.

As for me, I love my country too much to want to see our democracy circle the drain merely to satisfy the massive yet fragile ego of one man's numerous psychoses.
Your paranoia is getting the best of you.

View attachment 501527

How is a private citizen a "danger " at all?

View attachment 501527

Then the media should be on your list.
I don't blindly trust the media, and there have been plenty of times when I was suspicious of some stories which seemed to be a little too slanted if for no other reasons than the stories appeared to 'editorialize' the reporting a little too much.

Having said that, I admire the media for digging for the truth when the powers that be simply want to conceal the facts and the truth for reasons that are all too often extremely self-serving. I also admire the MSM for doing all they can to verify stories with more than one source and holding back on a story until they can confirm the facts of a story, despite the modern day pressure of running with a story too soon because of the competition of a 24 hour news cycle.

That's far more than what can be said of conservative blogs and websites which seem all too willing to print anything without any regard to what is and isn't true.

Forum List

Back