🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Former Prosecutor: Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden:

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Expert explains how going from uncomfortable touching to vaginal penetration (both version told 27 years after the fact) damage Tara Reade's credibility..
Not to mention the people who say it didn't happen (in court the corroborators wouldn't be the only ones to take the stand,. In conservative message boards the contradictors aren't mentioned).

There are more reasons why Reade's dubious claim seems outlandish. Read here for more:

Last edited:
I found the article to be a dispassionate examination of the facts in evidence. The kind of thing you'd expect from a former prosecutor.

Does it conclusively settle the issue of Biden's guilt or innocence? No. Only two people know the truth.

Do Trumpleheads write posts about this matter over, and over, and over, and over, and over out of a desire for a dispassionate examination of the facts in evidence? No. Do they ever? No.

They write them because they reflect the Groper-in-Chief's need to find a way to minimize Biden's polling advantage with women.

Expert explains how going from uncomfortable touching to vaginal penetration (both version told 27 years after the fact) damage Tara Reade's credibility..
Not to mention the people who say it didn't happen (in court the corroborators wouldn't be the only ones to take the stand,. In conservative message boards the contradictors aren't mentioned).

There are more reasons why Reade's dubious claim seems outlandish. Read here for more:

I'm not skeptical that there was probably something improper that happened. However, something that wasn't assault 30 years ago doesn't become assault 30 years later. The victim has rights but so does the accused.

The timing is very suspicious. Right when he’s about to sure up the dem nomination. I also didn’t know she made another claim a year ago. Right when he’s about to announce his candidacy. While it may or may not be true, this smells like it might be coming from the left. Maybe she’s a Bernie supporter. Why not come forward during the me too movement?

That being said. There is far more contemporaneous evidence in this case than there ever was in the kavanaugh case that also had very convenient timing. Yet far less media coverage. The Ford “polygraph” only released one answer to a suspiciously phrased question. Usually it’s a series of base questions, then a barrage of questions about the surrounding moment in question. Polygraphs also only measure heightened emotion, not lies. They are also subject to the polygraph operators interpretation. Generally, like how lawyers only hire med or technical experts that’ll back them up in court, same goes for polygraphers they use for PR. And the whole therapist session notes that weren’t released was also very very suspect. I understand not wanting your personal life out there for the world to see...but you’re dealing with master redactors in the Fed. There could’ve easily been away to work with Fords lawyer and hide anything not pertinent to the allegations away from public view. Like if you want justice against the guy assaulted you and is about to become one of the most powerful men in the nation, wouldn’t you want every bit of evidence available to help you do so?

It's simple. People with the mental condition known as TDS will all dismiss the charges against Biden because that's what their condition demands. TDS prevents people from being logical or open minded.
It's simple. People with the mental condition known as Trump Denial Syndrome will all dismiss the charges against Big Fat Don because that's what their condition demands. TDS prevents people from being logical or open minded.

The Dems are somewhat painted into a corner on this one.

That's what you get when you try to leverage everything for political gain.

Wingers on both ends sure fail to grasp that one.

Again, Stormy Mac keeps acting like this is something new.

Both sides have been pulling this shit since the 1990's. It's not going to ever stop being a thing.

Probably the Democrats needs to do a cost benefit analysis and realize that that this kind of weaponized feminism hurts them more than it helps. Republicans don't hold their own accountable no matter what they get caught doing. - Thomas, Kavanaugh, Trump.

But taking out Al Franken because he played grab-ass with a stripper on a USO tour? How does that help.

Trump supporters accept accusations against Biden, curiously reject allegations against Trump even though he admitted sexual misconduct.

I found the article to be a dispassionate examination of the facts in evidence. The kind of thing you'd expect from a former prosecutor.

Does it conclusively settle the issue of Biden's guilt or innocence? No. Only two people know the truth.

Do Trumpleheads write posts about this matter over, and over, and over, and over, and over out of a desire for a dispassionate examination of the facts in evidence? No. Do they ever? No.

They write them because they reflect the Groper-in-Chief's need to find a way to minimize Biden's polling advantage with women.
It’s the democrat party it’s full of perverts

Maybe she’s a Bernie supporter.
She is a big Bernie supporter. She was also an actress. Heavy has an article that covers a lot of background.

So she is a democrat accusing democrat. The candidate Bernie Sanders endorsed, mind you.

I would not be one bit surprised if Biden took a one long sniff at this one.

You leftists flop at the drop of a dime LOL

That looks like a sober account. Here's the thing that points to a bigger problem with the narrative largely fueling the MeToo movement:

I know that “Believe Women” is the mantra of the new decade. It is a response to a century of ignoring and excusing men’s sexual assaults against women. But men and women alike should not be forced to blindly accept every allegation of sexual assault for fear of being labeled a misogynist or enabler.

We can support the #MeToo movement and not support allegations of sexual assault that do not ring true. If these two positions cannot coexist, the movement is no more than a hit squad. That’s not how I see the #MeToo movement. It’s too important, for too many victims of sexual assault and their allies, to be no more than that.​

Solidarity with victims, as requested from everyone, does not mean to suspend common sense, and neither to deny that, in extremely rare cases, allegations are not genuine. And yes, it's a quandary, because questioning the victim's credibility opens up the avenue for the lawyered-up, slanderous smear campaigns victims had to endure throughout history, adding to emboldened predators getting away Scot free. I wish I knew how to strike the right balance between protecting those wrongly accused and respect for victims and protecting their dignity - but I don't. The legal system appears to be not up to that task, and it's a testament to the underhanded misogyny in yet another male-dominated realm, to this very day. The very notion that, in effect, a victim of sexual assault needs to have lived a perfect, perfectly spotless life in order to be deemed "credible", puts us all to shame - and it stands at the center of a juridical malaise that leaves most victims unprotected. It is about as gross and shameful as was the legal institution of slavery, and the mental gymnastics deployed to "justify" it.

Dispassionate and objective are anything but when it comes to Democrats and accusing Trump and Kavanaugh.

Forum List

Back