Former Speaker of the House denied Voter ID care in Texas

Texas and North Carolina....the states that want to place barricades in front of voters.

Last edited:
Their ID laws could backfire on them. Older folks...you know, the kind that vote GOP...are having a difficult time meeting the restrictive demands of these ID laws. Shucky darn!

Daily Kos: 90 Year Old Legendary Speaker of the House Jim Wright Denied Texas Voter ID Card

WOW! Yup, that voter ID law is doing what the GOP wanted it to do, that is to keep voters away from the polls. Good Old Texas! :cuckoo:

If you actually read the story you would have learned that he actually received a voter I.D card.

Plus, trying to get a voter ID using a Texas driver’s license that expired in 2010 and a TCU faculty ID was not the smartest thing in the world.

dailykos ?

nuff said

just how desperate can these people get?

let's ask the op I guess

Of course this is a total Democrat Bullshit story...

from the unread attached article

"Wright and his assistant, Norma Ritchson, went to the DPS office on Woodway Drive to get a State of Texas Election Identification Certificate. Wright said he realized earlier in the week that the photo identifications he had — a Texas driver’s license that expired in 2010 and a TCU faculty ID — do not satisfy requirements of the voter ID law, enacted in 2011 by the Legislature. DPS officials concurred."

Read more here: Voter ID law snags former House Speaker Jim Wright | Elections & Politics | News from Fo...

he brought an expired ID with him...ahh that's so cute, Jim!

have you been driving with that ID the past 3 years too?

Another great difference between the Republican Party of old (the once GOP) and the Republican Party which now exists is this: Then the GOP was opposed to national ID cards and today "show me your papers" has become part of their platform.

Another great difference between the Republican Party of old (the once GOP) and the Republican Party which now exists is this: Then the GOP was opposed to national ID cards and today "show me your papers" has become part of their platform.

Doh duh er Im a stupid old man with expired ID and nether my man servant or I could figure out that its not 2010 and I wanna get me a voter ID, doh duh yeah Im a Democrat too so I can't figure out this whole ID thing it's way too complicated. All I know it this could make a great photo OP

Low Information voters will eat this up like "you can keep your plan"

Because more votes are cast in Democrat districts than there are registered voters, so ID is a good common sense protection against fraud

Because more votes are cast in Democrat districts than there are registered voters, so ID is a good common sense protection against fraud

Link that Frank

Well I hope everyone who tries to get voter id cards with unacceptable proof would be turned away.

What is wrong with simply complying with the law?

Link that Frank

Wait.

You never heard that?

You're unaware of that?!

Well I hope everyone who tries to get voter id cards with unacceptable proof would be turned away.

What is wrong with simply complying with the law?

You think that's the same ID he uses to get through airport security?

Forum List

Back