Former Trump aide Kash Patel set to testify in Mar-a-Lago docs probe: report

I don’t know. It’s November now. Which new year do you imagine I’m referring to, dope?
How would I know? You clowns have been claiming any day now for 6 years. You are the ones having trouble with the calendar, Simp.

Trump is hoaxing the rubes. Again. For the gazillionth time.

You know how you can tell?

Because his lawyers are not making the argument in court that he declassified them. They don't want to go to jail for perjury and lose their licenses to practice law.

That's how.
Lawyers do not go to jail for perjury and lose their licenses for the arguments that they make in court. If they did the prosecutors in the Rittenhouse case would be wearing orange jumpsuits.

No one has made any argument in a court to counter the criminal charges against Trump, because . . . there aren't any.

Declassification by the President

Public Interest Declassification Board

Requests for declassification can also be made to the Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB). The Public Interest Declassification Act of 2000 (Title VII of P.L. 106-567) established the Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB) to provide advice to the President and other senior national security officials “on the systematic, thorough, coordinated, and comprehensive identification, collection, review for declassification, and release to Congress, interested agencies, and the public of declassified records and materials ... that are of archival value, including records and materials of extraordinary public interest.” The PIDB meets once a month to make recommendations on declassification of records to the President who makes a final decision. In 2021, for example, the PIDB recommended the President declassify and release particular records related to the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. In making its recommendations, the PIDB includes input from Congress “made by the committee of jurisdiction or by a member of the committee of jurisdiction, to declassify certain records, to evaluate the proper classification of certain records, or to reconsider a declination to declassify specific records” (50 U.S.C.

§3355(b)(5)). Executive Order

The President has the authority to declassify documents in the public interest that originated in any department or agency of the executive branch. A recent example is Executive Order 14040, Declassification Reviews of Certain Documents Concerning the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001, signed by President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on September 3, 2021. This executive order directed government departments and agencies that originated records pertaining to September 11 to conduct declassification reviews to disclose as much of this material as possible in the public interest.

Actually violation can lead to criminal charges, if that violation involves other crimes. Such as theft of government property, by not turning it over to the National Archives.
then they would be other crimes….not a violation of the presidential records act.

There are the same requirements to change their status under law.

The president can't issue an executive order, just by thinking about it.
well then show us the law!!

declassifying a document isn’t an executive order…an executive order is…well an order..it’s in the name

you dumbass

Lawyers do not go to jail for perjury and lose their licenses for the arguments that they make in court.
Actually, they do go to jail if they are knowingly lying. That's what perjury is, dipshit! Lying under oath!

Rudolph W. Giuliani, a former top federal prosecutor, New York City mayor and lawyer to a president, had his law license suspended after a New York court ruled on Thursday that he made “demonstrably false and misleading statements” while fighting the results of the 2020 election on behalf of Donald J. Trump.

[snip]

The New York State appellate court temporarily suspended Mr. Giuliani’s law license on the recommendation of a disciplinary committee after finding he had sought to mislead judges, lawmakers and the public as he helped shepherd Mr. Trump’s legal challenge to the election results. For months, Mr. Giuliani, who was Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, had argued without merit that the vote had been rife with fraud and that voting machines had been rigged.

I can site the US Supreme Court nullifying a presidential pardon that didn't follow procedures.

I can site the US Supreme Court nullifying a presidential appointment, that didn't follow procedures.
yeah but i am not asking for those as I?

The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2020 decision about whether statements made by then-President Trump declassified the existence of a CIA program that “declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures.”

Now see if you can stretch your alleged brain and figure out why there are procedures to declassify documents beyond Trump's magical thinking.
your article, in its headline, literally says yes the president can declassify and there is no set protocol.

The willful stubbornness of the tards in their idiocy is astounding.

They actually bleev a President can declassify documents which could cause extremely grave harm to the United States with his magical mind!

Incredible.

the code section you provide is not the code section to the presidential records act
Those are three codes which Trump has violated, and the ones which the courts will be deciding.

All caught up now?

your article, in its headline, literally says yes the president can declassify and there is no set protocol.
What part of “declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures” are you failing to understand?

The court did not write the headline. They wrote, "“declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures.”

So let me help you. Tell me which words are too big for you to understand.

Here is the Presidential Records Act: Presidential Records (44 U.S.C. Chapter 22)

§ 2202. Ownership of Presidential records

The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records
; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

Let me know which words you don't understand, struth

Wrong on both counts, unless you can cite the part of the constitution that requires paperwork for minions to do in order for the president to exercise his presidential powers.

In the first case to be decided concerning the pardoning power, Chief Justice Marshall, speaking for the Court, said: It is the private, though official act of the executive magistrate, delivered to the individual for whose benefit it is intended, and not communicated officially to the Court. . . . A pardon is a deed, to the validity of which delivery is essential, and delivery is not complete without acceptance. It may then be rejected by the person to whom it is tendered; and if it be rejected, we have discovered no power in a court to force it on him.” Marshall continued to hold that to be noticed judicially this deed must be pleaded, like any private instrument.271

Trump stole presidential records after he left office. Violation: 44 U.S.C. 2202

Trump illegally possessed the documents. Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 793(e)

Trump lied to the National Archives about possessing the records. Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 1519

Trump concealed government-owned documents when subpoenaed to produce them. Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 2071

What the rubes don't know about classified documents is that there is an attached tracking document. Classified documents have to be signed out and their location accounted for at all times.

The reasons for this should be obvious, but I have WAY overestimated the intelligence of MAGA rubes.

You see, tards, you don't want our nation's secrets to be misplaced.

What this means is that when a Top Secret document was provided to the President to masturbate over, there was a record kept where that document went.

So, gosh, how do you think the government knew Trump had not brought them back?

Hmmmm....

And golly, when Trump claimed he didn't have them, how do you think the government knew he was lying through his fucking teeth like he always does?

Hmmmmm...

And there you have your probable cause, ladies and germs.

What the rubes don't know about classified documents is that there is an attached tracking document. Classified documents have to be signed out and their location accounted for at all times.

The reasons for this should be obvious, but I have WAY overestimated the intelligence of MAGA rubes.

You see, tards, you don't want our nation's secrets to be misplaced.

What this means is that when a Top Secret document was provided to the President to masturbate over, there was a record kept where that document went.

So, gosh, how do you think the government knew Trump had not brought them back?

Hmmmm....

And golly, when Trump claimed he didn't have them, how do you think the government knew he was lying through his fucking teeth like he always does?

Hmmmmm...

And there you have your probable cause, ladies and germs.
Were you going to post this law you are speaking about anytime soon?

Forum List

Back