Former Trump aide Kash Patel set to testify in Mar-a-Lago docs probe: report

Trump stole presidential records after he left office. Violation: 44 U.S.C. 2202

Trump illegally possessed the documents. Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 793(e)

Trump lied to the National Archives about possessing the records. Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 1519

Trump concealed government-owned documents when subpoenaed to produce them. Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 2071

None of those statutory violations depend on the classification status of the documents.

None of those statutory violations depend on the classification status of the documents.
Exactly.

That's why I said earlier that it does not matter if the documents were declassifed.

But the fact they were classified meant it was easy to prove Trump possessed them and had not returned them. He was hung by his own stupidity.

Here is the Presidential Records Act: Presidential Records (44 U.S.C. Chapter 22)

§ 2202. Ownership of Presidential records

The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records
; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

Let me know which words you don't understand, struth
i get it all…that’s not a crime.

What part of “declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures” are you failing to understand?

The court did not write the headline. They wrote, "“declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures.”

So let me help you. Tell me which words are too big for you to understand.
what part of there is no established protocols don’t you understand?

You are quoting a headline written by a journalist.

I quoted an actual statement by JUDGES, dipshit.

Why does this confuse you so much?!?!?

Which part of “declassification, even by the president, must follow established procedures” do you not understand.

I'm here to help.

That is less than a week away.

So November 9th is your prediction?
That would be when they could either impanel or select a grand jury for the purpose of rendering an indictment. Add to that the time to get people to honor subpoenas, and the grand jury returning a true bill.

So it could easily take until January or later.

Yep.
I expect the indictments from the DOJ very soon after next Tuesday's election.
Maybe within the week.
If you're serious, I'm offering a wager of time off the board and I'll lay odds.

Two weeks to one week that there's no indictment before the end of the year.

That would be when they could either impanel or select a grand jury for the purpose of rendering an indictment. Add to that the time to get people to honor subpoenas, and the grand jury returning a true bill.

So it could easily take until January or later.
I thought Kash Patel was testifying in front of a grand jury already?

What your latest you think an indictment will come?

The court imposed those requirements. Each administration can determine it's own unique protocols, but they have to be established. In short, they can't make it up as they go along.

Forum List

Back