Former Trump aide Kash Patel set to testify in Mar-a-Lago docs probe: report

Former Trump aide Kash Patel is set to testify before a federal grand jury about the classified documents recovered from former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home after being granted immunity for any information, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Patel — who has claimed that Trump had declassified the documents found at Mar-a-Lago — previously refused to provide information to the grand jury, instead invoking his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...t-to-testify-in-mar-a-lago-docs-probe-report/

I wonder what he'll say.
really? it sounds like you quoted what he is gonna say

Nope.
Feel free to bookmark my post for later ridicule if you’d like.
Fair enough, you’re a good sport to say so.

But sorry. I don’t have time to bookmark every prediction that “this time we’ve got him,” and return to ridicule the poster who said it. I occasionally am proven wrong on here, and when it happens I’ll admit it. I hope you will do the same.

You can even do it on April 1st, if you like. That will be well past “shortly after the new year,” I’m sure you would agree.

After the DOJ ramped up its inquiry into Trump’s hidden government records in the spring, Patel staked out a public position on the matter that could prove very relevant: he’s claimed over and over, without a shred of evidence, that Trump declassified the records he squirreled away at Mar-a-Lago before leaving office.

Per the New York Times, prosecutors are interested in questioning Patel about that claim, as spurious as it may seem.

Federal prosecutors initially put Patel before a grand jury last month, where he invoked his right against self-incrimination under the Fifth Amendment and declined to testify, reports say.

A President does not need to keep or make records when he declassifies anything. That would mean someone in the Executive Branch is superior to the POTUS.

And we know that in August 2018 Øbama had classified documents insecurely stored in a warehouse in Chicago.

And that the Obama Foundation agreed to pay the Archives to remove those documents to proper and secure storage. No raids, no drama by the Trump DoJ over that.

So even if these alleged classified documents Trump had at MAL were not declassified, what is the problem, and why the political thuggery by Reichsleiter Merrick Garland?

quiet-i-m-declassifying-documents.jpg

Contrary to liberal hopes, I don't think that Mr. Patel will be stupid enough to lie about President Trump.

Mr. Patel knows that surveillance cameras are up all around Mar-a-Lago and if he were to lie, it would be bad news for him.

My guess is that Patel will just give his opinion about what he thinks Trump was thinking. In other words, nothing worthwhile at all, as this not the Amazing Fucking Kreskin with certified mind reading abilities.
So he’ll claim the fifth of course

A President does not need to keep or make records when he declassifies anything. That would mean someone in the Executive Branch is superior to the POTUS.
The president can't issue a pardon without DOJ putting it into correct legal format, and delivering it to the person being pardoned.

Even the presidents absolute pardon power requires he tell his minions to do the paperwork.

what makes you think the president has to make some loud proclaimation when he wants to declassify anything?
The fact that you can't declassify one "copy" of a document. It's all of them, or none of them. So even the president has to tell the people who classified the information, that he's declassifying it.

so basically you really don’t think he has to, but you continue to push propaganda anyway…
He does have to. What stuns me is that you are unable to comprehend why that is.

It is shocking to me just how much you tards' critical thinking skills have been stunted by your propagandists.

The president has the power to fire any of his appointed advisors. That's undisputed.

But can the president do it by just "thinking" about firing them.

Does the president have to tell anybody, or can he keep it secret from everybody, including the person he "thought" about firing.

He does have to. What stuns me is that you are unable to comprehend why that is.

It is shocking to me just how much you tards' critical thinking skills have been stunted by your propagandists.
provide us with the federal code that states he has to make a loud proclamation..

It does not matter, anyway, if the documents are classified.

They are government property. Not Trump's.

Trump had no more right to take that government property than he did to steal the George Foreman grill from the White House kitchen.

Forum List

Back