Fox: Deliberate Misinformation

That is very true, but Fox outright lies. The fact that Fox fans swallows it is the sad part.

Yeah...I guess that must be true seeing as you said it as fact.

And I guess 49% of the people are too stupid to realize it.
FACT CHECK:
49% of registered voters

Yes.....49% of registered voters.

So......I guess 49% of regiustered voters are too stupid to realize.

Better?

Again, you are really oput of your league here RW.
This forum is for people that think for themselves.

And the surge was "staying the course"....I guess?

Thinks for themselves? Do you know there are still right wingers who say the Iraq war was justified and there really were WMD's. Can you believe this crap?

This is America. People are entitled to their opinion and when they express it as their opinion, all is good.

Then there are those like RW that expresses as fact things that are nothing more than oipinoion.

Sort of EXACTLY what you do.
So says teh old coot who ran away because I asked him a question about economists. :cuckoo:

Thinks for themselves? Do you know there are still right wingers who say the Iraq war was justified and there really were WMD's. Can you believe this crap?

This is America. People are entitled to their opinion and when they express it as their opinion, all is good.

Then there are those like RW that expresses as fact things that are nothing more than oipinoion.

So says teh old coot who ran away because I asked him a question about economists. :cuckoo:

Nope. You stated as fact a theory.

Once you did that, I was done.

I have no problem discussing economics with you....Syaracuse University, 1980, BA Economics. Current Owner of my 3rd and 4th companies in 30 years.

I will always discuss theory as theory...I have learned to NEVER discuss theory as fact...and never get into a debate of theory with someone who states theory as fact...as you did.

But nice "I will take the high road" attempt on your part.

Funny y'know ... we never see an attack on any of the other news organizations like we do with FOX. Why? Because the liberals and the current administration are afraid of FOX News.

Attack at will...

Provide specific examples where other networks mislead the public and we can talk about it. The reason Fox is constantly attacked is because they do not maintain the journalistic standards of legitimate news networks.

New Questions On Bush Guard Duty - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Play CBS Video
Video

Bush's Service Questioned

New information previously thought to be factual uncovered by CBS News sparks allegations about President Bush's National Guard service. CBS News' Bill Plante reports.

Video

Ben Barnes Talks

Ben Barnes talks in an exclusive interview with Dan Rather on 60 Minutes about helping George W. Bush get into the Texas Air National Guard.

Video

Barnes: 'Sorry'

Former Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes tells Dan Rather that he readily helped supporters and friends get into the National Guard, and that he is sorry for what he did.

George W. Bush during his days in the Texas Air National Guard. (AP)

Dan Rather talks exclusively with former Texas House Speaker and Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes. (CBS)
(CBS) EDITOR'S NOTE: A report issued by an independent panel on Jan. 10, 2005 concluded that CBS News failed to follow basic journalistic principles in the preparation and reporting of this Sept. 8, 2004 broadcast.

Jayson Blair: A question of trust - Dateline NBC- msnbc.com

It's not front-page news when most people get caught in a lie. It was when Jayson Blair did. That's because his lies appeared in the pages of one of the world's most respected newspapers, The New York Times. By his own admission, reporter Jayson Blair lied or plagiarized the work of others in dozens of stories he wrote for the Times.

Byron York on CBS & Rathergate on National Review Online

Do you remember Michael Gartner? Probably not.

Gartner used to be president of NBC News, until the scandal at Dateline NBC blew him out of his job. That scandal began, you may remember, in November 1992, when Dateline aired a segment on General Motors trucks that allegedly had a dangerous tendency to catch fire in side collisions.

True to TV-news-magazine form, Dateline wanted some dramatic video to illustrate the problem. So producers set up a test in which a car would slam into the side of one of the trucks, leading — hopefully — to a spectacular, caught-on-tape explosion.

But what if the truck didn't blow up? Would the Dateline team have to get another one and try again? That could get expensive.

So to ensure a positive result, the Dateline producers placed small incendiary devices in the truck. And sure enough, it blew up very nicely.

enjoy

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I have no problem discussing economics with you....Syaracuse University, 1980, BA Economics. Current Owner of my 3rd and 4th companies in 30 years.

I will always discuss theory as theory...I have learned to NEVER discuss theory as fact...and never get into a debate of theory with someone who states theory as fact...as you did.

uhm, your partisan ass steered you wrong. You must have perused it too quickly. I asked a question.

you're bad

I heard most economists say the great depression came about because the government stopped public spending to prop up the economy. Is this true?

huh?

Funny y'know ... we never see an attack on any of the other news organizations like we do with FOX. Why? Because the liberals and the current administration are afraid of FOX News.

Attack at will...

Provide specific examples where other networks mislead the public and we can talk about it. The reason Fox is constantly attacked is because they do not maintain the journalistic standards of legitimate news networks.

Play CBS Video
Video

New information previously thought to be factual uncovered by CBS News sparks allegations about President Bush's National Guard service. CBS News' Bill Plante reports.

Video

Ben Barnes Talks

Ben Barnes talks in an exclusive interview with Dan Rather on 60 Minutes about helping George W. Bush get into the Texas Air National Guard.

Video

Former Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes tells Dan Rather that he readily helped supporters and friends get into the National Guard, and that he is sorry for what he did.

Dan Rather talks exclusively with former Texas House Speaker and Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes. (CBS)
(CBS) EDITOR'S NOTE: A report issued by an independent panel on Jan. 10, 2005 concluded that CBS News failed to follow basic journalistic principles in the preparation and reporting of this Sept. 8, 2004 broadcast.

It's not front-page news when most people get caught in a lie. It was when Jayson Blair did. That's because his lies appeared in the pages of one of the world's most respected newspapers, The New York Times. By his own admission, reporter Jayson Blair lied or plagiarized the work of others in dozens of stories he wrote for the Times.

Gartner used to be president of NBC News, until the scandal at Dateline NBC blew him out of his job. That scandal began, you may remember, in November 1992, when Dateline aired a segment on General Motors trucks that allegedly had a dangerous tendency to catch fire in side collisions.

True to TV-news-magazine form, Dateline wanted some dramatic video to illustrate the problem. So producers set up a test in which a car would slam into the side of one of the trucks, leading — hopefully — to a spectacular, caught-on-tape explosion.

But what if the truck didn't blow up? Would the Dateline team have to get another one and try again? That could get expensive.

So to ensure a positive result, the Dateline producers placed small incendiary devices in the truck. And sure enough, it blew up very nicely.

enjoy
Purposefully mislead the public should've been the operative phrase.
:lol:

uhm, your partisan ass steered you wrong. You must have perused it too quickly. I asked a question.

you're bad

My partisan ass?

LMAO...if only you really knew.

Like I said earlier....I would have voted Hillary as she was the only one that I beleived.

Voted a repoublicans ass right out of our local government...and had his opponenets sign on my lawn.

One can be a fiscal conservative and not be a republican hack.

Sadly, it seems one can not be a liberal without being a democrat.

As for misread...I took it as you stating that the senmitments were of all or most economists...and that is blatantly not true.

Attack at will...

Play CBS Video
Video

Video

Ben Barnes Talks

Video

enjoy
Purposefully mislead the public should've been the operative phrase.
:lol:

in all three of those examples an attempt was made to purposefully mislead the public. you,of course, are free to believe otherwise, but i'll bet on the fastest horse.

Attack at will...

Play CBS Video
Video

Video

Ben Barnes Talks

Video

enjoy

Thanks del...those were what I expected..

Now we get to see the difference between when a legitimate news agency makes an error and FoxNews makes an error.

When each of those legitimate news sources made errors they immediately issued retractions, apologies and in Dan Rathers case he was fired.

FoxNews blames leftwingers and "out of context" for their errors. No retractions, no apologies no accountability

you're bad

My partisan ass?

Like I said earlier....I would have voted Hillary as she was the only one that I beleived.

Voted a repoublicans ass right out of our local government...and had his opponenets sign on my lawn.

As for misread...I took it as you stating that the senmitments were of all or most economists...and that is blatantly not true.

I plainly wrote..."I heard..." and "Is that true?"

maybe you are not partisan, but you have expressed partisan views. It's sort of like being against the war but supporting the troops. now pay more attention. Just because your old is no guarantee of wisdom or reason.

Attack at will...

Play CBS Video
Video

Video

Ben Barnes Talks

Video

enjoy

Thanks del...those were what I expected..

Now we get to see the difference between when a legitimate news agency makes an error and FoxNews makes an error.

When each of those legitimate news sources made errors they immediately issued retractions, apologies and in Dan Rathers case he was fired.

FoxNews blames leftwingers and "out of context" for their errors. No retractions, no apologies no accountability

i wouldn't know. i don't watch fox news. i watch the local news sports and weather, read 7 or 8 newspapers and periodicals, make up my own mind. then i just watch the usual suspects here go back and forth about what what lying bastards foxnewsmsnbcnnblah blah blah are.

and laugh my ass off.

but i'm sure you're right-you being unbiased and all.

A broken promise is a failure?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronald Reagan broke almost every promise he ever made, and yet conservatives and the GOP went hog wild over him ...they even have an ongoing Reagan campaign that has reshaped the facts about his career.

the point was Bush never did what Obama has failed to do...so far. WOW!!!

Would you prefer that I use the more honest vernacular and say refer to those failures as the lies they were?
One man's lie is another's nuance.

When Bush said 'read my lips' I never got upset when he went back on a promise...because the principles involved were at odds. Be responsible and raise taxes even though you promised not too, or keep a promise and allow things to get worse.

Leaders are supposed to lead. George HW Bush was a leader who was thrown overboard by irrational and populist anger fed by propagandist rants and raves about taxes being evil.

This is simply more deflection. What relevance does George H W Bush's broken promise have to do with Obama's? Not much other than Bush Sr. paid the political price for that broken promise and Obama will pay for his as well. The lesson needs to be that if a politician engages in political hyperbole in order to garner votes, they'll pay.

you're bad

My partisan ass?

maybe you are not partisan, but you have expressed partisan views. It's sort of like being against the war but supporting the troops. now pay more attention. Just because your old is no guarantee of wisdom or reason.

Dont blame my age...I am 51.
Blame the drugs of my youth....my mother was right!

Like what I say to my wiofe when she asks me if her pants make her ass look big.
"Dont blame the pants" I tell her.

What you heard is untrue. Not most economists beleived that. Some did, yes, not most by any means.

From a business ownership standpoint, I believe otherwise. From a basic economics logic standpoint, I can not see why an economist would have believed it.....but they are all theorists...and from both sides, ideology is always inserted into hypotheses.

As for my partisan views...I am a fiscal conservative and very strong on my fiscal conservative views...so it comes across as partisan.....but I most certainly did not vote for Bush the second time around.....and as I said, I would have voted for Hillary as I saw her as the most honest of all in the race...even though I was not pleased with all of her social and fiscal views...but at least I believed her.

The day Obama said he lied about public financing as he believed he would lose if he kept his proimise was the day I lost ALL interest in him.

McCain? I liked him...but not as my p[resident. Something seemed a bit disingenuous about him. Was never able to put my finger on it, but I trust my judgement of character...something was off with him....and the Palin choice turned me off...not becuase ofr all of the "left bashing" that was out there....simply becuase I needed to see some more girth in my candidates....and she lacked girth.

Would you prefer that I use the more honest vernacular and say refer to those failures as the lies they were?

When Bush said 'read my lips' I never got upset when he went back on a promise...because the principles involved were at odds. Be responsible and raise taxes even though you promised not too, or keep a promise and allow things to get worse.

Leaders are supposed to lead. George HW Bush was a leader who was thrown overboard by irrational and populist anger fed by propagandist rants and raves about taxes being evil.

This is simply more deflection. What relevance does George H W Bush's broken promise have to do with Obama's? Not much other than Bush Sr. paid the political price for that broken promise and Obama will pay for his as well. The lesson needs to be that if a politician engages in political hyperbole in order to garner votes, they'll pay.

Promises...why they are broken.

Leadership dictates not following slogans and promises made before the facts on the ground change.
:eek:

My partisan ass?

Dont blame my age...I am 51.
Blame the drugs of my youth....my mother was right!

Like what I say to my wiofe when she asks me if her pants make her ass look big.
"Dont blame the pants" I tell her.

What you heard is untrue. Not most economists beleived that. Some did, yes, not most by any means.

From a business ownership standpoint, I believe otherwise. From a basic economics logic standpoint, I can not see why an economist would have believed it.....but they are all theorists...and from both sides, ideology is always inserted into hypotheses.

As for my partisan views...I am a fiscal conservative and very strong on my fiscal conservative views...so it comes across as partisan.....but I most certainly did not vote for Bush the second time around.....and as I said, I would have voted for Hillary as I saw her as the most honest of all in the race...even though I was not pleased with all of her social and fiscal views...but at least I believed her.

The day Obama said he lied about public financing as he believed he would lose if he kept his proimise was the day I lost ALL interest in him.

McCain? I liked him...but not as my p[resident. Something seemed a bit disingenuous about him. Was never able to put my finger on it, but I trust my judgement of character...something was off with him....and the Palin choice turned me off...not becuase ofr all of the "left bashing" that was out there....simply becuase I needed to see some more girth in my candidates....and she lacked girth.
I wonder what the dominant economist view is. Do you know?

A business owner's standpoint? Most business owners don't know their ass from their elbow. How many new businesses fail? How many old ones?

If you needed girth in a candidate...Obama had girth as a candidate (as time went on...not in the beginning), but not as a nationally experienced politician.

LIBTARDS WHINING AND BITCHING ABOUT FOX NEWS AGAIN.. WHO IN THE HELL WUDDDA THUNK IT???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

Leadership dictates not following slogans and promises made before the facts on the ground change.

Oh... there are reasons why Barack Obama doesn't bother keeping his word? Some "change on the ground" that requires murky backroom deals, lobbyist waivers, and in-your-face partisanship? :eusa_eh:

Do tell. We're all ears.

It's pretty damn simple. As I was growing up my Daddy always told me to "Never make a promise you can't keep". And in this particular case, we're not talking about facts on the ground changing anyway. Obama said he'd negotiate the bill on CSPAN. He chose instead to meet with the unions and pharm. companies in closed door meetings. That was a promise he could have kept had he CHOSEN to keep it.

Oh... there are reasons why Barack Obama doesn't bother keeping his word? Some "change on the ground" that requires murky backroom deals, lobbyist waivers, and in-your-face partisanship? :eusa_eh:

Do tell. We're all ears.

Yep. Just as I said there were legitimate leadership reasons George HW Bush went back on his "read my lips"

I don't do hysterics or feigned outrage very well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back