🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fox news poll: Trump 54% NY 48% PA

Yes really. Count the remaining delegates & do the math for yourself.

I am not disagreeing with the math, and I'm not saying that Trump will get to 1237. I am merely pointing out that Trump's chances are better due to amount of winner-take-all states that are left, than they would be if the remaining contests were proportional. Trump needs 491 delegates to secure a majority. If he wins New York and California (both winner-take-all contests) he's more than half way there.

California and NY aren't winner take all. California is by district. NY is too, unless a candidate gets 50%, then it's winner take all.

leads by +34 in NY and +26 in Pa. Last poll i saw from PA was trump +10. There is a good possibility that Trump will be at or above 50% in NY, PA, NJ, CT, RI, and possibly DE as well. After Apr 26th the whole narrative will change as Trump will have 4,000,000 plus votes more than anyone else. At some point alot of people will have to decide if they want to try to dump Trump and lose in a landslide, or form a Trump/Kasich/Rubio/Cruz ticket and win in Nov. After apr 26 those 3 will know the only way to the white house for them is on a Trump ticket.

NY yes. Betting odds have I moved over the weekend up to 53%.
In PA, 50% is highly doubtful as he's at 42% right now. Kasich will keep him well below 50%.
50% in the rest is doubtful as well, and Cruz will win CA keeping Trump below 40%.
Trump is absolutely not a ticket to the White House. His negatives amongst women, minorities, and even Republicans are far too high.

I can just see all you leftwing douche bags on your knees prying that Trump doesn't get the nomination. Your fear and desperation couldn't be more obvious.
drumpf in the polls BEATS NO ONE

Then what are you afraid of?
afraid ? not at all,, I welcome drumph as a repub candidate Can't wait to see him get his clock cleaned by hillary

leads by +34 in NY and +26 in Pa. Last poll i saw from PA was trump +10. There is a good possibility that Trump will be at or above 50% in NY, PA, NJ, CT, RI, and possibly DE as well. After Apr 26th the whole narrative will change as Trump will have 4,000,000 plus votes more than anyone else. At some point alot of people will have to decide if they want to try to dump Trump and lose in a landslide, or form a Trump/Kasich/Rubio/Cruz ticket and win in Nov. After apr 26 those 3 will know the only way to the white house for them is on a Trump ticket.

In PA, 50% is highly doubtful as he's at 42% right now. Kasich will keep him well below 50%.
50% in the rest is doubtful as well, and Cruz will win CA keeping Trump below 40%.
Trump is absolutely not a ticket to the White House. His negatives amongst women, minorities, and even Republicans are far too high.

I can just see all you leftwing douche bags on your knees prying that Trump doesn't get the nomination. Your fear and desperation couldn't be more obvious.

afraid ? not at all,, I welcome drumph as a repub candidate Can't wait to see him get his clock cleaned by hillary

If you welcome him, then why are you attacking him so viciously and so constantly?

If you welcome him, then why are you attacking him so viciously and so constantly?
I guess it's just because I don't like him But I've never supported cruz or kacsich {sp} over him Personally I think as a politician he's a waste ,,,,I like the speaker of the house

Trump needs 61% of the remaining delegates available to secure the nomination. That stat may very well make all the pontificating over polls a moot point.

Not really. With so many of the remaining contests winner-take-all, Trump has a better theoretical chance to get the majority of delegates, so long as he has the bigger pluralities.
explained on tv today trump needs the best of possible outcomes to get needed votes
and in the great news department NO POLL has drumph beating Hillary

That means nothing. Polls this early are out the window. Last year, Trump wasn't winning the GOP. In 2008, McCain had a lead on Obama for a little while. In 2007, no one was beating Hillary.

Yes really. Count the remaining delegates & do the math for yourself.

I am not disagreeing with the math, and I'm not saying that Trump will get to 1237. I am merely pointing out that Trump's chances are better due to amount of winner-take-all states that are left, than they would be if the remaining contests were proportional. Trump needs 491 delegates to secure a majority. If he wins New York and California (both winner-take-all contests) he's more than half way there.

California and NY aren't winner take all. California is by district. NY is too, unless a candidate gets 50%, then it's winner take all.

Not according to everything that has been said in the news. Wikipedia also says they are both winner-take-all. Do you have a source?

Republican Party presidential primaries, 2016 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not according to everything that has been said in the news. Wikipedia also says they are both winner-take-all. Do you have a source?

Republican Party presidential primaries, 2016 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are watching the wrong news sources then.

Take it right from the source.

Tuesday 19 April 2016: All 95 of New York's delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders in today's New York Presidential Primary. [Rules of the New York Republican State Committee. Article XI. Rule 1.]

• 81 district delegates are bound to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the state's 27 congressional districts. Each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates who are slated by the Presidential candidates prior to the primary. In each district:
    • If a candidate receives more than 50% or only 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the vote, that candidate receives all 3 delegates.
    • Otherwise, if at least 2 presidential contenders receive 20% or more of the vote, the candidate with the most votes receives 2 delegates and the candidate with the second most of votes receives 1 delegate.
    • Otherwise, if no presidential contender receives 20% or more of the vote, the party will elect 3 delegates without considering the results of the primary.
  • 14 At-Large delegates (10 base at-large delegates plus 1 bonus delegates plus 3 RNC delegates) are bound to presidential contenders "winner-take-most" based on the statewide primary results. 11 of these delegates (the 10 base at-large delegates plus 1 bonus delegates) are elected at the state committee meeting.
    • If a candidate receives more than 50% of the vote, that candidate receives all 14 delegates.
    • Otherwise, the delegates are distributed proportionally to those candidates receiving 20% or more of the vote. Round fractions to the nearest whole number. If too few delegates are allocated, the candidate receiving the largest vote receives those the remaining delegates. If too many delegates are allocated, subtract those delegates from the candidate(s) who met the threshold but had the smallest number of votes.

New York Republican Delegation 2016

Tuesday 7 June 2016: All 172 of California's delegates to the Republican National Convention are pledged to presidential contenders in today's California Presidential Primary.

• 159 district delegates are to be bound to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the 53 congressional districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates and the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in that district will receive all 3 of that district's National Convention delegates.
  • 13 at-large delegates (10 base at-large delegates plus 0 bonus delegates plus 3 RNC delegates) are to be bound to the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in the primary statewide.

California Republican Delegation 2016

You are watching the wrong news sources then.

Take it right from the source.

Tuesday 19 April 2016: All 95 of New York's delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders in today's New York Presidential Primary. [Rules of the New York Republican State Committee. Article XI. Rule 1.]

• 81 district delegates are bound to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the state's 27 congressional districts. Each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates who are slated by the Presidential candidates prior to the primary. In each district:
    • If a candidate receives more than 50% or only 1 candidate receives 20% or more of the vote, that candidate receives all 3 delegates.
    • Otherwise, if at least 2 presidential contenders receive 20% or more of the vote, the candidate with the most votes receives 2 delegates and the candidate with the second most of votes receives 1 delegate.
    • Otherwise, if no presidential contender receives 20% or more of the vote, the party will elect 3 delegates without considering the results of the primary.
  • 14 At-Large delegates (10 base at-large delegates plus 1 bonus delegates plus 3 RNC delegates) are bound to presidential contenders "winner-take-most" based on the statewide primary results. 11 of these delegates (the 10 base at-large delegates plus 1 bonus delegates) are elected at the state committee meeting.
    • If a candidate receives more than 50% of the vote, that candidate receives all 14 delegates.
    • Otherwise, the delegates are distributed proportionally to those candidates receiving 20% or more of the vote. Round fractions to the nearest whole number. If too few delegates are allocated, the candidate receiving the largest vote receives those the remaining delegates. If too many delegates are allocated, subtract those delegates from the candidate(s) who met the threshold but had the smallest number of votes.

New York Republican Delegation 2016

Tuesday 7 June 2016: All 172 of California's delegates to the Republican National Convention are pledged to presidential contenders in today's California Presidential Primary.

• 159 district delegates are to be bound to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the 53 congressional districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates and the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in that district will receive all 3 of that district's National Convention delegates.
  • 13 at-large delegates (10 base at-large delegates plus 0 bonus delegates plus 3 RNC delegates) are to be bound to the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in the primary statewide.

California Republican Delegation 2016

Your link makes statements, then cites sources that do not contain the information alleged. I might try to dig up the statutes themselves for each state later on to figure this out.

Forum List

Back