FOX News Proposes Criminalizing Fact-checking.

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?
What's your problem? You want nothing but government-run media.

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is going that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

So, how many conservatives agree with FOX, and say that government should ban any fact-checkers not approved by the government?
In other words,,,

"conservatives" want to criminalize the truth.
Sure would make their lives easier.

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other. For examples, FB will censor actual MDs that have counter views about who should get the covid vaccine. Are FB's fact checkers actual MDs that are qualified to fact check other MDs.....I don't think so.
Back in the 50s some doctors ACTUALLY recommended smoking.
Of course they had an ulterior motive bond medicine.
Much like the doctors you're referencing.
FB and others are acting responsibly in not acting as a conduit for false information that may kill people.

In other words,,,

"Liberals" want to spout their propaganda with no repercussions.

Problem is that social media such as Facebook and twitter isn't really checking facts, they are picking a side and censoring the other. For examples, FB will censor actual MDs that have counter views about who should get the covid vaccine. Are FB's fact checkers actual MDs that are qualified to fact check other MDs.....I don't think so.
FB and others are acting responsibly in not acting as a conduit for false information that may kill people.
Is Fauci for masks or against them this week? Did the virus come from China or didn't it this week?

I wish I was making this up, but no, FOX News really is gong that Stalinist. Since they're getting embarrassed by fact-checkers, they want fact-checking made illegal unless fact-checkers get a government license.

From the article:

The real problem here is not that fact checkers got something wrong, it’s that they have the power to censor what journalism Americans see and consume unilaterally.  

Yes, yes, the standard conservative "Pointing out that I lied is censoring me!" argument.

The First Amendment rightly renders government powerless to regulate news outlets’ publishing content from their own in house fact checkers -- they are protected by freedom of the press. But third party independent fact checkers are another story entirely.

Really, FOX? Because as everyone else sees it, the fact-checkers are press too. And FOX wants them shut down by government force.

So what can be done about this dangerous situation? A new bill before the Michigan House of Representatives is a move in the right direction. The bill would require fact checkers to register with the government and carry insurance to cover payment to those who suffer financial damages as a result of a bogus fact check.

So when FOX says a Democrat lies, that would be a fact check, so they'd have to register with the government.

Yeah, right.

What, fact checking can only be done by far left organization, who dont fact check, just spew the filth that comes from the Demoncrap Party?
Funnt you should bring that up.
Why don't "conservatives" fact check?
Why doesn't the GOP fact check?

Because people couldn't stop laughing long enough to read their latest lies.

Grow up. I don’t imagine you watch much CNN and nobody is forcing it on you so why are you so worried about it?
You have the myopic view that it' all good becuz "Your team" is in control of the information flow. You are the one who needs to grow up and realize how devastating that is to this country.
I don’t have a team. And I don’t think it’s all good. I’d love to see a fat “Op” or “E”watermarked all over Tuckers show and Hannities show and Maddoes show and Lemons show making it painfully obvious that they are not reporting facts but only stating opinion and providing entertainment.

But it is also painfully obvious that that’s exactly what the are are doing. Can’t fix retarded and if this board has taught me anything it’s that many people want to stay ignorant and just be fed the right thing to say to defend their team

So facebook is qualified to practice medicine.....give me a break!

In other words,,,

"Liberals" want to spout their propaganda with no repercussions.
See? in favor of criminalizing the truth.

They are beyond help.

Is Fauci for masks or against them this week? Did the virus come from China or didn't it this week?
New information come in and the wise man adjusts to that new information.
New information comes in and the fool calls the old information lies and continues to just stupid up the place.

"tell me again daddy how wearing masks makes COVID worse."

FB is qualified to decide what will and will not be broadcast to the public using their service.
If you don't like it
Build your own FB.

FB is qualified to decide what will and will not be broadcast to the public using their service.
If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
Thanks for the admission that facebook is not qualified to fact check MDs.

If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
Facebook can allow or not allow whatever the hell they want on their site. Why do you care how they run their business?

If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
Facebook can allow or not allow whatever the hell they want on their site. Why do you care how they run their business?
That's fine, but lets loose the pretense that they are neutral and open platform.

If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
Thanks for admitting you have no capability to judge FB's ability to fact check MDs.

If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
They are a monopoly, time for them to be busted up like Ma Bell

If you don't like it
Build your own FB.
That's fine, but lets loose the pretense that they are neutral and open platform.
Who cares what pretense they use? It’s all user content anyway. They’re going to market And brand themselves how ever they want, I don’t see why you care.

Forum List

Back