Fox News Says Sharia Law Is Taking Over Because Of A Muslim Women's Swim Class

The Gym is a "Fitness Level"
Another Fitness level would be the pool.
And yet another Fitness level could be the cycling area, or pilates, and so on.

Learn how to read, DUMBASS.

Member Services

21 YMCA Locations
Open 7 days a week
No annual contracts
30-day money back guarantee
Access to Ys across the U.S.

Fitness
Nationally-certified fitness and wellness experts on staff
State-of-the-art fitness centers
Pools, gyms and running tracks
. Check amenities
Free fitness consultations

"Ages 15+ can attend ALL FITNESS LEVELS." in other words: No restrictions OTHER THAN AGE.

In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty.
In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. if it was restricted, then it would say so. As it did with age restrictions. Duh!

You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule. and nowhere on any schedule ever is there a "women's only class"...Until Muslims showed up.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty. Yeah? However you define fitness levels it still clearly says that ages 15+ can attend all fitness levels. That means ALL CAN ATTEND and there is GENDER NO SEGREGATION...

Does a few words promoting a facility on a website serve as a legal contract, Roudy?

Are your obscure interpretations of the wording (since none of the wording is specific to the issue at hand) going to hold up in a court of law?

If no, then why bother?

Last edited:
In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty.
In other words they have access - but nowhere does it say unrestricted. if it was restricted, then it would say so. As it did with age restrictions. Duh!

You already pointed out that it is restricted because the parts may be closed anyway for maintenance/cleaning etc. and it can be closed for classes. Thus they tell you to check the schedule. and nowhere on any schedule ever is there a "women's only class"...Until Muslims showed up.

Edited to add:

I've not heard your usage of "Fitness Levels" before as portions of the gym. Do you have somewhere that states that because when I look for YMCA Fitness levels it seems to refer to levels of physical difficulty. Yeah? However you define fitness levels it still clearly says that ages 15+ can attend all fitness levels. That means ALL CAN ATTEND and there is GENDER NO SEGREGATION...

Roudy, if "Fitness Levels" refer to levels of fitness "ability" - then all that says is age is no restriction to class ability levels. That's certainly how I read it. It does not say there is unrestricted access to all areas during operational hours. You're basically throwing mud to see if anything sticks.

If "Fitness Level" refers to specific areas rather than individual ability - please provide that info because I can't find it.

Who cares' WHEN they started a women's only class or because it was because "Muslims" showed up - the point is, as a private entity it's within their rights and it is enjoyed by all women, not just Muslims.[/QUOTE]
So you can't

A- show me another instance that they Y started segregating sexes other than when Muslims showed up
B- show me where it shows "access" is restricted to gender, as other restrictions have been listed
C- show me where in this link you just posted as a LIE that "actually, they take part in YMCA women's only classes. http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2002389078_muslimswim.html" when the entity providing "Muslims only swim" was NOT the Y.

D- Ever heard of the YWCA? Dumb ass.

Edited to add:

Edited to add:

Does a few words promoting a facility on a website serve as a legal contract, Roudy?

Are your obscure interpretations of the wording (since none of the wording is specific to the issue at hand) going to hold up in a court of law?

If no, then why bother?
Yes, of course it does. Because from that very website you access the online application and pay your deposit and membership fees as well. Check it out. You cannot advertise one thing and provide another. If you're providing access, 7 days a week, you can't restrict it unless said restrictions are listed BEFORE you pay and finalize the online contract.

Contracts can be verbal and online. The Y would have ZERO chance to get away with this in a court of law. The judge or jury would laugh off the excuses you guys are making.

A- show me another instance that they Y started segregating sexes other than when Muslims showed up

Good god damn point Roudy, if this was all about modesty the pools would have been segregated decades ago.

Edited to add:

If no, then why bother?
Yes, of course it does. Because from that very website you access the online application and pay your deposit and membership fees as well. Check it out. You cannot advertise one thing and provide another. If you're providing access, 7 days a week, you can't restrict it unless said restrictions are listed BEFORE you pay and finalize the online contract.

Contracts can be verbal and online. The Y would have ZERO chance to get away with this in a court of law. The judge or jury would laugh off the excuses you guys are making.

THEY ARE PROVIDING access 7 days a week. If you recall the class is only one hour, once a week. That leaves about 10 hours of additional open pool time on the day of the class for general members.

Members have access to the pool 7 days a week; I don't understand what's been violated.

Again, so you're admitting this is a non-muslim issue but rather an issue pertaining to the legality of a pool owner having the ability to set rules for the pool he/she owns, right?

Last edited:

Edited to add:

Edited to add:

Roudy, if "Fitness Levels" refer to levels of fitness "ability" - then all that says is age is no restriction to class ability levels. That's certainly how I read it. It does not say there is unrestricted access to all areas during operational hours. You're basically throwing mud to see if anything sticks.

If "Fitness Level" refers to specific areas rather than individual ability - please provide that info because I can't find it.

Who cares' WHEN they started a women's only class or because it was because "Muslims" showed up - the point is, as a private entity it's within their rights and it is enjoyed by all women, not just Muslims.[/QUOTE]
The "Fitness Levels" was derived from this page:

Water Exercise | YMCA Twin Cities

WATER EXERCISE
FIND A CLASS
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Drop-in Classes
No registration required
All fitness levels
Ages 10-14 may attend with parent/guardian.
Ages 15+ may attend unaccompanied. All fitness levels.

So it's referring to SWIMMING FITNESS LEVELS.

Then goes on the explain what those classes and "levels" are:

Active Older Adult Water Exercise
Designed with the active older adult in mind and combines a light to moderate aerobic workout with exercises in the shallow and/or deep water.

Aqua Zumba
Integrates the Zumba formula with traditional aqua fitness disciplines. All fitness levels.

Arthritis Water Exercise
An Arthritis Foundation-certified instructor guides you through gentle activities in warm water. Arthritis diagnosis is not required. Swimming skills are not required.

Arthritis Water Exercise Plus
Builds on basic moves from Arthritis Water Exercise. Arthritis diagnosis is not required. Swimming skills are not required.

Deep Water
A low-intensity water workout focuses on major muscle groups.

Deep Water Power
A high-intensity water workout for the entire body with no impact on the lower body.

Fibromyalgia Interval Training
Aquatic exercises designed to help you manage the pain, stiffness and fatigue associated with Fibromyalgia.

H2O Flow
Aquatic exercise based on elements of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates. Suitable for all levels of conditioning.

Kid/Family Water Exercise
A variety of interactive activities, skills and drills utilizing equipment will be used for increasing strength, endurance and balance for parent and child.

Multiple Sclerosis Water Exercise
An MS Society-certified instructor helps you gain strength and balance, increase circulation and improve range-of-motion. MS diagnosis is not required. Swimming skills are not required.

Shallow Water
A low-impact water workout held in shallow water. Swimming skills are not required.

Shallow Water Power
A high-intensity, low-impact workout focused on cardiovascular training, muscle toning, flexibility and coordination. Swimming skills are not required.

Silver Splash
Utilizes the physical properties of water to enhance agility, range of motion, and cardiovascular conditioning.

Vortex Water Exercise
A low-impact workout. Held in heated indoor vortex pool. Shallow Water. Swimming skills are not necessary.

Vortex Water Power
Class consists of a series of intense cardio movements. Held in heated indoor vortex pool. Shallow Water. Swimming skills are not necessary.

Water Boot Camp
A rugged workout of sports drills, circuits and interval training using the properties of water. Conducted in shallow and deep water.

Water Tabata
High intensity interval trainin with a series of four minute exercise sequences.

Water Vertizontal
Combines the best of vertical deep water aerobics, cardio core programming and synchronized swimming inspired horizontal work.

Water Walking
Basic, low-impact, light-intensity workout using the natural resistance of water. Appropriate for beginners to exercise.

Water X Power
A high-intensity workout for strength and endurance. Conducted in both shallow and deep water.

Do you see any restrictions or gender based limitations? NO.

You having nothing.

So you're basically a gender crusader, out to provide protection to men everywhere who are discriminated against with pool rules.

Oh the plight of the modern man, unable to swim for one specific hour at this one specific pool in St. Paul; such a relevant and meaningful conversation.

If no, then why bother?

THEY ARE PROVIDING access 7 days a week. If you recall the class is only one hour, once a week. That leaves about 10 hours of additional open pool time on the day of the class for general members.

Members have access to the pool 7 days a week; I don't understand what's been violated.

Again, so you're admitting this is a non-muslim issue but rather an issue pertaining to the legality of a pool owner having the ability to set rules for the pool he/she owns, right?
Who cares! One hour, five minutes, or two days! You cannot close off a gym with male members, to women only. And especially one that was male and Christian based from it's inception.

Again, ever heard of the YWCA?

Close that off to Muslim women jumping in the pool with their Burkas as much as you want.

Who cares! One hour, five minutes, or two days! You cannot close off a gym with male members, to women only. And especially one that was male and Christian based from it's inception.

Close that off to Muslim women jumping in the pool with their Burkas as much as you want.

It most certainly does matter. It says access 7 days a week, and that's what the Y provides; access 7 days a week. Having the pool available 95% of the time one of those seven days and 100% the rest counts as "7 day access".

So you're basically a gender crusader, out to provide protection to men everywhere who are discriminated against with pool rules.

Oh the plight of the modern man, unable to swim for one specific hour at this one specific pool in St. Paul; such a relevant and meaningful conversation.
I'm a gender crusader? I won't step in a gym that's not coed.

You fail to see the bigger picture. Inflexible religious people imposing their culture and superstitions in basically a secular all inclusive diverse institution such as the Y, that get's paid for this inclusivity.

You fail to see the bigger picture. Inflexible religious people imposing their culture and superstitions in basically a secular all inclusive diverse institution such as the Y, that get's paid for this inclusivity.

Again, if the government was forcing the YMCA to do a no-male swim time to cater to Muslims, I'd be right with you.

But the fact this is a decision by a private company, internally.

WHAT IF these Muslim classes are bringing in a bit of extra money to the Y they would not otherwise earn? WHAT IF these classes build a strong rapport in the community attracting more costumers? You're whining about a private business making a choice (legally) to try a tactic that makes them more money.

Are you anti-freedom for American businesses? Would you rather the government make all of the Y's decisions for them? WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Last edited:

It most certainly does matter. It says access 7 days a week, and that's what the Y provides; access 7 days a week. Having the pool available 95% of the time one of those seven days and 100% the rest counts as "7 day access".
Not if there's a problem with the pool. But if one group of members have access and males or females don't, I sure as hell would have a problem with it. This would be just as disgusting if the Y suddenly decided to have "men only swimming" due to religious sensitivities. And they of all groups have every right to do so, since it's started out as a male only organization.

Bottom line, when you step into the Y, check your religion and superstitions at the door.

Not if there's a problem with the pool. But if one group of members have access and males or females don't, I sure as hell would have a problem with it. This would be just as disgusting if the Y suddenly decided to have "men only swimming" due to religious sensitivities. And they of all groups have every right to do so, since it's started out as a male only organization.

Bottom line, when you step into the Y, check your religion and superstitions at the door.

Alright, I see this is going nowhere Roudy.

You can whine all you want. You can whine for the next 10 weeks, in fact. But at the end of the day these facts remain:

1.) You don't own the YMCA and can't decide what to do with the property they own
2.) You aren't a member at St. Pauls and therefore have no reason to complain about things that pertain to their members only (if members want to complain, they will)
3.) Whining isn't going to change anything except for lowering people's opinion of you.

I bid you farewell.

Again, if the government was forcing the YMCA to do a no-male swim time to cater to Muslims, I'd be right with you.

But the fact this is a decision by a private company, internally.

WHAT IF these Muslim classes are bringing in a bit of extra money to the Y they would not otherwise earn? WHAT IF these classes build a strong rapport in the community attracting more costumers? You're whining about a private business making a choice (legally) to try a tactic that makes them more money.

Are you anti-freedom for American businesses? Would you rather the government make all of the Y's decisions for them? WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
Again, if the government was forcing the YMCA to do a no-male swim time to cater to Muslims, I'd be right with you. The government will most likely step in if there is a lawsuit filed, and that lawsuit will go as all other lawsuits having to do with Muslims and pools have gone in the US and all over Europe. It will enforce coed swimming.

But the fact this is a decision by a private company, internally means you have no argument. Neither of us has an argument or can do anything about it. Y's make independent decisions. If people want to challenge this wrong decision, then something will be done about it.

WHAT IF these Muslim classes are bringing in a bit of extra money to the Y they would not otherwise earn? WHAT IF these classes build a strong rapport in the community attracting more costumers? It's not about the money. But if the Y is desperate for more income, then perhaps there are other ways that getting bribed into violating their contract with male members?

Are you faulting them for making a private business decision Roudy that makes money? Really? Making money at the expense of other members rights is a violation of the Y's Christian based values.

Are you anti-freedom for American businesses? Would you rather the government make all of the Y's decisions for them? WHAT IS YOUR POINT? I think the Y's are doing a great job serving their communities needs and I have had the pleasure of using them for various personal purposes in my distant past. Better have kids swimming or playing Basketball or Baseball than out in the streets making trouble. But this Y's management fucked up and someone needs to get fired here.

You can whine all you want. You can whine for the next 10 weeks, in fact. But at the end of the day these facts remain:

1.) You don't own the YMCA and can't decide what to do with the property they own
2.) You aren't a member at St. Pauls and therefore have no reason to complain about things that pertain to their members only (if members want to complain, they will)
3.) Whining isn't going to change anything except for lowering people's opinion of you.

I bid you farewell.
Yes, it's going nowhere. You believe it's not a big deal and I think it is.

Who's whining? You guys are whining everytime one of us points out that what the Y did is not right and against their obligations.

Last edited:

Good god damn point Roudy, if this was all about modesty the pools would have been segregated decades ago.
They keep trying to squirm out of it by saying lame things like "Oh so it's only an hour" or "it doesn't say unrestricted". Ha ha ha.

There's also men only swim sessions.

They don't swim in Burkas.

YMCA is open to all and has been for decades. Really, are you that stupid? NK is known as the Democratic People's Republic of Korea but you and I know it's neither a republic nor democratic.

Edited to add:

Who cares' WHEN they started a women's only class or because it was because "Muslims" showed up - the point is, as a private entity it's within their rights and it is enjoyed by all women, not just Muslims.

WATER EXERCISE
FIND A CLASS
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Drop-in Classes
No registration required
All fitness levels

Designed with the active older adult in mind and combines a light to moderate aerobic workout with exercises in the shallow and/or deep water.

Aqua Zumba
Integrates the Zumba formula with traditional aqua fitness disciplines. All fitness levels.

Arthritis Water Exercise
An Arthritis Foundation-certified instructor guides you through gentle activities in warm water. Arthritis diagnosis is not required. Swimming skills are not required.

Builds on basic moves from Arthritis Water Exercise. Arthritis diagnosis is not required. Swimming skills are not required.

Deep Water

Deep Water Power
A high-intensity water workout for the entire body with no impact on the lower body.

Aquatic exercises designed to help you manage the pain, stiffness and fatigue associated with Fibromyalgia.

H2O Flow
Aquatic exercise based on elements of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates. Suitable for all levels of conditioning.

A variety of interactive activities, skills and drills utilizing equipment will be used for increasing strength, endurance and balance for parent and child.

An MS Society-certified instructor helps you gain strength and balance, increase circulation and improve range-of-motion. MS diagnosis is not required. Swimming skills are not required.

Shallow Water
A low-impact water workout held in shallow water. Swimming skills are not required.

Shallow Water Power
A high-intensity, low-impact workout focused on cardiovascular training, muscle toning, flexibility and coordination. Swimming skills are not required.

Silver Splash
Utilizes the physical properties of water to enhance agility, range of motion, and cardiovascular conditioning.

Vortex Water Exercise
A low-impact workout. Held in heated indoor vortex pool. Shallow Water. Swimming skills are not necessary.

Vortex Water Power
Class consists of a series of intense cardio movements. Held in heated indoor vortex pool. Shallow Water. Swimming skills are not necessary.

Water Boot Camp
A rugged workout of sports drills, circuits and interval training using the properties of water. Conducted in shallow and deep water.

Water Tabata
High intensity interval trainin with a series of four minute exercise sequences.

Water Vertizontal
Combines the best of vertical deep water aerobics, cardio core programming and synchronized swimming inspired horizontal work.

Water Walking
Basic, low-impact, light-intensity workout using the natural resistance of water. Appropriate for beginners to exercise.

Water X Power
A high-intensity workout for strength and endurance. Conducted in both shallow and deep water.

You having nothing.

Roudy, what is your point?

The information you provided makes sense. It also means you were making shit up when you claimed fitness levels referred to different areas like the pool, the gym etc.

What you have is a list of classes offered for all fitness levels.

What you don't have is any sort of material you can use to claim unrestricted access to all facilties at all times. This is a list of classes.

Now from the same link, we have these classes for 55 and older - a restriction: Age 55+ | YMCA Twin Cities - also "all fitness levels" meaning unfit fat and flabby to fit and trim.

Here are some more: Parent Child Swim Lessons | YMCA Twin Cities -- restricted by age and family circumstance.

And look what else the Y offers: women's retreats - yup, just women. https://www.ymcatwincities.org/camps/camp_du_nord/groups__retreats/adult_retreats/womens_retreats/ (they also offer just men and just couples)

And a special women's only camping trip: https://www.ymcatwincities.org/camp...roup_experiences/adult_wilderness_adventures/

Who cares' WHEN they started a women's only class or because it was because "Muslims" showed up - the point is, as a private entity it's within their rights and it is enjoyed by all women, not just Muslims.

WATER EXERCISE
FIND A CLASS
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Drop-in Classes
No registration required
All fitness levels

Aqua Zumba

Arthritis Water Exercise

Deep Water

Deep Water Power

H2O Flow

Shallow Water

Shallow Water Power

Silver Splash

Vortex Water Exercise

Vortex Water Power

Water Boot Camp

Water Tabata

Water Vertizontal

Water Walking

Water X Power

You having nothing.

Roudy, what is your point?

The information you provided makes sense. It also means you were making shit up when you claimed fitness levels referred to different areas like the pool, the gym etc.

What you have is a list of classes offered for all fitness levels.

What you don't have is any sort of material you can use to claim unrestricted access to all facilties at all times. This is a list of classes.

Now from the same link, we have these classes for 55 and older - a restriction: Age 55+ | YMCA Twin Cities - also "all fitness levels" meaning unfit fat and flabby to fit and trim.

Here are some more: Parent Child Swim Lessons | YMCA Twin Cities -- restricted by age and family circumstance.

And look what else the Y offers: women's retreats - yup, just women. https://www.ymcatwincities.org/camps/camp_du_nord/groups__retreats/adult_retreats/womens_retreats/ (they also offer just men and just couples)

And a special women's only camping trip: https://www.ymcatwincities.org/camp...roup_experiences/adult_wilderness_adventures/

It's creeping Shariah! :lol:

I bid you farewell.

Well said :)

Forum List

Back