🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fox's attempt to demote Trump with "gotcha" questions and pitting candidates against him last night

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Fox's attempt to demote Trump with "gotcha" questions and pitting candidates against him last night didn't work.

The result of Aile's and the moderator's work was to give him more air time, less time devoted to other candidates and negative press for Fox. Here's the morning headlines:

Bloomberg: Fox News Couldn't Kill Trump's Momentum, Made Him Stronger
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.comhttp://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Fox-made-trump-stronger/2015/08/07/id/667786/#ixzz3i94KI74f

Debate fireworks! Fox News vs. Donald Trump
Read more at Debate fireworks Fox News vs. Donald Trump

Trump Clashes With Rivals, Fox Moderators In First GOP Debate
Trump Clashes With Rivals Fox Moderators In First GOP Debate It s All Politics NPR

Republican debate veers between two subjects: America and Trump
Republican debate veers between two subjects America and Trump - The Washington Post

Republican debate: Donald Trump still focus of campaign after sprawling fight – as it happened
Republican debate Donald Trump still focus of campaign after sprawling fight as it happened US news The Guardian

Fox News tries to expel Donald Trump — but last night’s debate didn’t finish him
Fox News tries to expel Donald Trump but last night s debate didn t finish him - Salon.com

Defiant Donald Trump dominates US Republican TV debate
Defiant Donald Trump dominates US Republican TV debate - BBC News

And what was a side effect? Other candidates were shortchanged. The Golden Opportunity to get on the radar with the first debate is lost on Trump. The viewers might have enjoyed the fireworks, but serious voters would have like to hear more from the candidates they didn't know much about.

The first debate, the candidates who didn't make the cut made the most of their opportunities and Carly Fiorna came out as the winner. That's what happens when there is no agenda on the part of the "News" station. The rest of the candidates should be upset at last night's antics by Fox News.

Since the secret (not!) agenda of Fox to dismantle Trump didn't work but all of the press is about him. Are there any posters out there that thought another candidate came off well? I liked Carly, where everyone had a chance to talk about what they would do as president.

Fox News had an agenda. It was clearly all about attacking Trump. And to promote its network personalities. It was much more about Fox News than it was about the Candidates.

Fox News had an agenda. It was clearly all about attacking Trump. And to promote its network personalities. It was much more about Fox News than it was about the Candidates.
You're right. I think it will backfire. I went on Facebook after the debate and the comments were devastating for Fox. I don't even recall a positive comment for Fox. They were claiming they'd never watch Fox again and how unfair it was to Trump and the other candidates.

You're right. I think it will backfire. I went on Facebook after the debate and the comments were devastating for Fox. I don't even recall a positive comment for Fox. They were claiming they'd never watch Fox again and how unfair it was to Trump and the other candidates.

Fox News made it all about Fox News. And it has worked so far. It had its highest ratings ever. But the over-the-top attacks on Trump were noted. Fox News better be very careful not to alienate the people who've always been there to support it. If it loses the core, it's all done.

Bluster...they'll all be followers again today.

DrudgeTrumpPoll-BirtherReport%2Bop.png

Fox News made it all about Fox News. And it has worked so far. It had its highest ratings ever. But the over-the-top attacks on Trump were noted. Fox News better be very careful not to alienate the people who've always been there to support it. If it loses the core, it's all done.

Good that the ratings were so high last night. The viewing audience witnessed the most unprofessional display of interaction with candidates than I have ever seen. They lost me as a viewer and according to Facebook last night, I am not the only one.

I'd like to see a pack of Dems treated that way, but, no way they would ever enter a real debate or forum.

Not many options out there. Fox has made a living promoting itself as the Non-Liberal/Communist News Network. They've hooked millions on that concept. But clearly it's moving to the Left a bit. Trying to expand its audience i guess. But it's a dangerous gamble. If it loses the core audience, it could fade quickly. It better be careful.

Fox's attempt to demote Trump with "gotcha" questions and pitting candidates against him last night didn't work.

The result of Aile's and the moderator's work was to give him more air time, less time devoted to other candidates and negative press for Fox. Here's the morning headlines:

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.comhttp://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Fox-made-trump-stronger/2015/08/07/id/667786/#ixzz3i94KI74f

Trump Clashes With Rivals Fox Moderators In First GOP Debate It s All Politics NPR

Republican debate veers between two subjects America and Trump - The Washington Post

Republican debate: Donald Trump still focus of campaign after sprawling fight – as it happened
Republican debate Donald Trump still focus of campaign after sprawling fight as it happened US news The Guardian

Fox News tries to expel Donald Trump — but last night’s debate didn’t finish him
Fox News tries to expel Donald Trump but last night s debate didn t finish him - Salon.com

And what was a side effect? Other candidates were shortchanged. The Golden Opportunity to get on the radar with the first debate is lost on Trump. The viewers might have enjoyed the fireworks, but serious voters would have like to hear more from the candidates they didn't know much about.

The first debate, the candidates who didn't make the cut made the most of their opportunities and Carly Fiorna came out as the winner. That's what happens when there is no agenda on the part of the "News" station. The rest of the candidates should be upset at last night's antics by Fox News.

In my opinion Fox News had an agenda last night, and it wasn't to be fair and balanced.

I would love to be a mouse in Roger Aile

Not many options out there. Fox has made a living promoting itself as the Non-Liberal/Communist News Network. They've hooked millions on that concept. But clearly it's moving to the Left a bit. Trying to expand its audience i guess. But it's a dangerous gamble. If it loses the core audience, it could fade quickly. It better be careful.
I would love to be a mouse in Roger Aile's office today...He deserves everything he's getting today.

In my opinion Fox News had an agenda last night

In my opinion Fox News had an agenda last night, and it wasn't to be fair and balanced.
Absolutely!

But where will these zombies and drones going to go? The establishment has a monopoly. Remember, they don't know how to form a coherent thought on their own. They get home from school and work, and flick on the TV, they are propaganda junkies. They need their fix. Where are they going to turn?

But where will these zombies and drones going to go? The establishment has a monopoly. Remember, they don't know how to form a coherent thought on their own. They get home from school and work, and flick on the TV, they are propaganda junkies. They need their fix. Where are they going to turn?
CNN.

I would love to be a mouse in Roger Aile

I would love to be a mouse in Roger Aile's office today...He deserves everything he's getting today.

I don't know, record ratings makes a guy like Ailes very happy. I think it's just another case of Conservative Republicans being duped again. Just like with Boehner and McConnel, they think they're getting one thing, but they're really getting something else.

Fox News is playing em the same way. In the end, Fox wants a Big Government Globalist just as much as CNN, NBC, and the rest of the Communist/Progressive Media want.

Naw. . . . its not about a "left/right" paradigm. It's about a globalist paradigm. Trump wasn't a member of the establishment. He was going on about ideas and policies that weren't approved by the CFR or the Federal Reserve. He stances on trade and immigration were not orthodoxy, thus, he had to go.

Forum List

Back