Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

5e467770b5bf2664dd34c63af40487e3.jpg

Why is Kool-Aid™ racist????

Anyone???

This completely baffles me too. Out of linguistic interest I started looking around for some historical example. Haven't found it yet but I did come across an explanation for the metaphor that we DO know from the internets....

>> Since Jim Jones brainwashed his followers into commiting suicide by drinking cyanide laced Kool-Aid, "drinking Kool-Aid" or being "Kool-Aid drinkers" has come to mean anyone who follows someone without question. <<​

Had no idea of that derivation (I didn't know Jim Jones employed Kool Aid). When the internet expression first came up I just scratched my head until I figured out the intent from the context. Actually I inferred it meant "crazy", so I didn't even have that part quite right.

Now this poster on Yahoo answers goes on to ruminate:

>> People refer to Obama's supporters as "Kool-Aid drinkers" because some of his supporters seem to be fanatics and believe eveything he says without question. And since Obama is part African-American his supporters say it's racist to call them that. But then they say everything and everyone who doesn't agree with or support him are racists. <<
Could this possibly be the reasoning? I dunno, seems a desperate stretch. In any case you can't really use a slur or stereotype unless it's common knowledge what it means. And judging by this thread it clearly isn't. If it has to be explained -- then clearly it's not a stereotype.

But that also leaves open the question of why Brian Kilmeade would bring up such a bizarre query in the first place. Was he trying to insinuate that his guest was a blind O'bama follower? I have no idea. :dunno:
I appreciate your effort.

Since the OP won't tell us, all we can do is guess.

And giggle a little.

All I really found there was a stab in the dark. Didn't answer the central question. There are all kinds of Google links to the same theme of "Brian Kilmeade invoking racist stereotype" or whatever but I wonder who came up with the idea first.

Of course it's possible, maybe probable, that Brian Kilmeade is aware of a racial stereotype that most of us -- including apparently everybody else on camera there --- is not aware of.

Anyone???

This completely baffles me too. Out of linguistic interest I started looking around for some historical example. Haven't found it yet but I did come across an explanation for the metaphor that we DO know from the internets....

>> Since Jim Jones brainwashed his followers into commiting suicide by drinking cyanide laced Kool-Aid, "drinking Kool-Aid" or being "Kool-Aid drinkers" has come to mean anyone who follows someone without question. <<​

Had no idea of that derivation (I didn't know Jim Jones employed Kool Aid). When the internet expression first came up I just scratched my head until I figured out the intent from the context. Actually I inferred it meant "crazy", so I didn't even have that part quite right.

>> People refer to Obama's supporters as "Kool-Aid drinkers" because some of his supporters seem to be fanatics and believe eveything he says without question. And since Obama is part African-American his supporters say it's racist to call them that. But then they say everything and everyone who doesn't agree with or support him are racists. <<
Could this possibly be the reasoning? I dunno, seems a desperate stretch. In any case you can't really use a slur or stereotype unless it's common knowledge what it means. And judging by this thread it clearly isn't. If it has to be explained -- then clearly it's not a stereotype.

But that also leaves open the question of why Brian Kilmeade would bring up such a bizarre query in the first place. Was he trying to insinuate that his guest was a blind O'bama follower? I have no idea. :dunno:

And giggle a little.

All I really found there was a stab in the dark. Didn't answer the central question. There are all kinds of Google links to the same theme of "Brian Kilmeade invoking racist stereotype" or whatever but I wonder who came up with the idea first.
It remains a mystery.

The PC Police are in their own little world, y'know?

Anyone???

And giggle a little.

It remains a mystery.

The PC Police are in their own little world, y'know?

More basically the internet is an Echobubble -- once some meme gets started, whether accurate or not, whether legitimate reasoning or not, it takes on its own life. It's like yeast.

For me the bottom line is still that if you have to explain a stereotype to a lot of people who have never heard of it, then obviously it failed as a stereotype.

Anyone???

And giggle a little.

Of course it's possible, maybe probable, that Brian Kilmeade is aware of a racial stereotype that most of us -- including apparently everybody else on camera there --- is not aware of.
By the way, I tried to flush out Lakhota here: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

He marked my post "Funny" but is still avoiding the question.

Stand-up guy!

Brian is a MENSA. He throws out non sequiturs during interviews all the time. Only he knows what is its relevance to the topic. It's certainly not racial.

Are you saying the Brian Kilmeade is a member of MENSA? As in....highly intelligent?

You are a riot. If that idiot is a member....the organization is a joke.

Last edited:
Sorry -- anybody can find (or make up) Google Image memes. Doesn't prove squat.
That's down to the Vagilante posting level.

Wtf does koolaid have to do with anything???
Has anyone yet explained how Kool-Aid™ is racist?

Lakhota ??

Anyone else from the PC Police??

Kool aid isn't racist. Drinking it isn't racist. Buying it isn't racist.

But....there is a stereotype that black people drink a lot of Koolaid. It is the same as the stereotype that black people eat a lot of fried chicken and watermelon.

Had Brian said...."do you also make fried chicken?"...it would have been just about the same thing. Not a horrible question...chicken isn't racist....but it carries a stereotype with it.

If you don't know this.....consider this a free lesson.

It's hilarious that some of you NaziCon crackers don't know that Kool-Aid is a racial stereotype.

Is it? Hmmm. Funny....for you libs to have jumped all over it and said it's racist...you must think blacks love Kool aid. We weren't aware.

Imagine the furor Brian Kilmeade had caused if he had asked Harris Faulkner that she ever cooked collard greens.

Referring to collard greens in connection with Tiger Woods got some golfer in deep shit a while ago.

Lakhota ??

But....there is a stereotype that black people drink a lot of Koolaid. It is the same as the stereotype that black people eat a lot of fried chicken and watermelon.

Had Brian said...."do you also make fried chicken?"...it would have been just about the same thing. Not a horrible question...chicken isn't racist....but it carries a stereotype with it.

Thanks for informing us.

See? These stereotypes would die if you'd let them. You lefties need racism though.

Imagine the furor Brian Kilmeade had caused if he had asked Harris Faulkner that she ever cooked collard greens.

Would have been the same thing. No furor. But he'd have gotten the same perplexed look from Harris had he done that. A stereotype is a stereotype.

Lakhota ??

Thanks for informing us.

See? These stereotypes would die if you'd let them. You lefties need racism though.

Nope. They wont die. They are often employed in good natured comedy and conversation. It's one of those things that you don't have to worry about......if your intentions are good when using them. Human beings are complicated as are relations between them. It takes a little nuance to have good relationships with people.

Would have been the same thing. No furor. But he'd have gotten the same perplexed look from Harris had he done that. A stereotype is a stereotype.

Stereotypes - like it or not - are deeply rooted in truth.

Deeply is a strong word. But there is a reason for them. They are a common form of communication between people of different cultures. How they are used matters.

Forum List

Back