Fox's Brian Kilmeade Asks Black Co-host If She Makes Kool-Aid

5e467770b5bf2664dd34c63af40487e3.jpg

Doesn't anyone else think this is funny? I think it's hilarious!

It is precisely the vagueness of shit like this shit that gives some of yo freaks cover.

When you aren't invested in dividing by race or culture.....none of this presents a problem. No handbook of stereotypes is needed.

Okay, so now white people should not refer to Kool-Aid™ around black people.

Because it's racist 'n stuff.

Does everybody have that?

Just toss it on the pile, it's very important.
Sounds more like the libs are trying to create a stereotype and racial slur.

Nope. You only have that problem if you are coming at the matter from the wrong place.

Test your theory out. The next time you are having drinks with a black person, ask them this:

"Would you like a mixed drink? Maybe something with Koolaid in it? Register their response.

Imagine the furor Brian Kilmeade had caused if he had asked Harris Faulkner that she ever cooked collard greens.

Would have been the same thing. No furor. But he'd have gotten the same perplexed look from Harris had he done that. A stereotype is a stereotype.

Stereotypes - like it or not - are deeply rooted in truth.

Deeply is a strong word. But there is a reason for them. They are a common form of communication between people of different cultures. How they are used matters.

Stereotypes never caused anyone physical harm. Only fools and thin skinned idiots feel harmed by stereotypes and so called racial slurs. Morally strong people shrug it off saying: I have been called worse by better people than you.

If people had a sense of humor and somewhat thicker skin the world would be w whole lot better place.

They see PC beginning to get old and ineffective, and they're desperate to hold on to it.

Imagine the furor Brian Kilmeade had caused if he had asked Harris Faulkner that she ever cooked collard greens.

Would have been the same thing. No furor. But he'd have gotten the same perplexed look from Harris had he done that. A stereotype is a stereotype.

Deeply is a strong word. But there is a reason for them. They are a common form of communication between people of different cultures. How they are used matters.

Stereotypes never caused anyone physical harm. Only fools and thin skinned idiots feel harmed by stereotypes and so called racial slurs. Morally strong people shrug it off saying: I have been called worse by better people than you.

If people had a sense of humor and somewhat thicker skin the world would be w whole lot better place.
These people aren't actually "offended".

This is a weapon for them, that's all.

They're nasty enough to divide people even further to gain political advantage.

Nobody said they cause physical harm. At issue here is simple communication norms. How we talk to and about one another matters.

In certain circumstances, it is a sign of disrespect to call attention to a stereotype. Would you agree with that statement?

At other times....it isn't. True?

Nobody is offended. You are correct.

Would you ask a random black person if they like fried chicken and watermelon? If not, why not?

Earmuffs.

The funniest part of all this is the way they claim to be so concerned with "feelings" and the like.

Yet they'll then turn around and spew the most vicious possible personal vitriol at those with whom they disagree.

These people are liars and hypocrites and VERY illiberal.

Referring to collard greens in connection with Tiger Woods got some golfer in deep shit a while ago.

Collards (and mustard greens) are a staple in Southern cooking. Among everybody. So are fried chicken and cornbread and grits. I grew up with all of that on the dinner/breakfast table, never thought of it in association specifically with black people, ditto Kool Aid.

I do know obviously the fried chicken and watermelon stereotypes that have grown, but that's an extension from Southern food fare in general. Southerners eat that stuff regardless of race. Some of it is certainly derived from Africa, though I don't think the stereotype-generators even know that. But within the South they don't have a racial connotation -- it's common cuisine.

Nobody said they cause physical harm. At issue here is simple communication norms. How we talk to and about one another matters.

In certain circumstances, it is a sign of disrespect to call attention to a stereotype. Would you agree with that statement?

I do not get offended by words. Only idiots do. Unless you do physical harm to me or to those I love I ignore you like you deserve to be. I do not demand respect, I strive to earn it. I do not repay disrespect by disrespect, again, unless it causes physical harm. I have a good chuckle at humorous stereotype kind of jokes, even if those jokes are directed at me.

In other words I have a sense of humor. I express my displeasure - if any - without vulgar phrases. and words. And first and foremost I am proud of being NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT. After all I am a conservative

Nobody is offended. You are correct.

Would you ask a random black person if they like fried chicken and watermelon? If not, why not?

Earmuffs.

If I invited a "random" black person in my house, I could invite him/her to join me at any meal I happen to provide, be it fried chicken, watermelon, collard greens and grits. And if that black person think that I am racist, he is still welcome, because as I said words don't hurt me.
I would not hesitate to ask a German guest to partake in cabbage rolls with sauerkraut, or an Irish guest to help me eat a delectable potato dish, or a Russian to share drink of vodka or an Italian to help me kill a dish of lasagna.

It is a sad world when what we eat and drink can potentially make us enemies.

I do not get offended by words. Only idiots do. Unless you do physical harm to me or to those I love I ignore you like you deserve to be. I do not demand respect, I strive to earn it. I do not repay disrespect by disrespect, again, unless it causes physical harm. I have a good chuckle at humorous stereotype kind of jokes, even if those jokes are directed at me.

In other words I have a sense of humor. I express my displeasure - if any - without vulgar phrases. and words. And first and foremost I am proud of being NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT. After all I am a conservative

I've tried to tell you that we are not far off in this regard. You seem to be unwilling to listen. The context matters. If the intention is to disrespect someone by tossing out a stereotype, then the person has every right to feel disrespected.

I don't go out of my way to disrespect people in this way unless I intend to do so.....and it's not because I am "PC".

When you are part of the fun....then these things are not a sign of disrespect. In fact....they can be an explicit sign of endearment.

This thread began because Kilmeade tossed out a stereotype. It may be less well known than the fried chicken one or the watermelon one. But....Harris was clearly caught off guard by it.

That's the end of the story as far as we know it. Kilmeade could be unaware of the stereotype. In which case.....he just plucked a weird question out of thin air. It would then be a classic case of miscommunication.

If he knew of the stereotype and said it as a fun joke.....maybe she took it that way but was just caught unaware. I've no way of knowing. That all depends on their relationship.

Or....maybe he was being an ass. In which case.....we have nothing more than him being an ass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back