Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

The captain, in this case, is a white man, no talk of incompetence or DEI or any other such nonsense.

Everything being the same, but w/a Black captain, or woman captain, does anyone think it'd be the same response from the usual suspects?
The captain of the ship was not in command on the bridge.

The captain, in this case, is a white man, no talk of incompetence or DEI or any other such nonsense.

Everything being the same, but w/a Black captain, or woman captain, does anyone think it'd be the same response from the usual suspects?
The captain wasn't directing the ship at the time of the crash, the licensed "pilot" was calling the shots.
There is no talk of incompetence when the person is tested, experienced, and "licensed" to to the task.
Tully comes to mind. Who would you have liked to be flying that plane, a token of some kind?

Looking to play the race card, or gender card, or some other low-IQ card is just stupid.

and it's possible the ship grounded before it actually hit the bridge proper. If that is the case, the current will swing the stern a little. That movement happened much more slowly than the sped up video suggests.
There is no 'grounding' being suggested but coincidentally, creating shallow water around the bridge supports is one of the effective remedies that have been applied to similar vulnerable bridges. FYI.

A cheap fix compared to other hairbrain ideas that aren't applicable.

Last edited:
The captain of the ship was not in command on the bridge.
You're telling me, that had the captain been Black, no one would be talking about DEI and blaming the captain?

af25Awf9_400x400

The captain wasn't directing the ship at the time of the crash, the licensed "pilot" was calling the shots.
There is no talk of incompetence when the person is tested, experienced, and "licensed" to to the task.
Tully comes to mind. Who would you have liked to be flying that plane, a token of some kind?

Looking to play the race card, or gender card, or some other low-IQ card is just stupid.
The usual suspects on your side of the isle have already injected race where it doesn't belong...

Are you going to excuse this fact somehow or condemn the usual racist suspects?

There is no 'grounding' being suggested but coincidentally, creating shallow water around the bridge supports is one of the effective remedies that have been applied to similar vulnerable bridges. FYI.
I never claimed a grounding was suggested by anyone, I said it's possible. The ship draws 49'4" fully laden, and the channel is 50' deep at mean low water.

The ship was NOT fully laden, so it was not drawing it's full draft, but outside the shipping lanes, grounding is a definite possibility.

And it was outside the shipping lane when it hit the bridge, so I cannot rule out grounding before the actual collision.

The mayor is going to have to accept the blame for not finding a solution to protect the bridge. He may have even been offered solutions such as protecting the bridge supports by creating shallow water.

The fact is surfacing on other vulnerable bridges being upgraded to prevent this sort of accident/incident.

Nobody should miss the fact that landbased structures in America were upgraded to prevent similar acts that could be terrorism.

12-24 months for NTSB to investigate this incident. But somehow they already know it wasn't terrorism and it was an accident.

It’s bullshit to keep public in dark. We travel over that bridge and Bay bridge A Lot. It’s kinda ground zero around here and endless studying is Always for massaging.

Again, there isn't anyone trying to halt clearing the channel or trying to stop plans for rebuilding the bridge. Trying to use the Key Bridge as an example of one political party causing problems isn't a good idea.
Again. I wasn’t talking about the Key Bridge.

The mayor is going to have to accept the blame for not finding a solution to protect the bridge. He may have even been offered solutions such as protecting the bridge supports by creating shallow water.

The fact is surfacing on other vulnerable bridges being upgraded to prevent this sort of accident/incident.

Nobody should miss the fact that landbased structures in America were upgraded to prevent similar acts that could be terrorism.
DEI and/or incompetence, right?

but outside the shipping lanes, grounding is a definite possibility.

And it was outside the shipping lane when it hit the bridge, so I cannot rule out grounding before the actual collision.
The point is, grounding didn't take place, as we can plainly see, but probably should have.

I'll leave it up to you what you rule out, or invent.

Mental illness of racial issues on parade
Go back to a darkie crying thread and ruin it instead of this one

'WE' are not going to play that kid's game together!
No game, you keep saying there were 2 course changes, and the AIS data only shows one, at the point that the power was lost.

I have asked you for your evidence, and you can't provide any. None of the rest of us can see this second course change you keep going on about- maybe it's time to give that one up?

No game, you keep saying there were 2 course changes, and the AIS data only shows one, at the point that the power was lost.

I have asked you for your evidence, and you can't provide any. None of the rest of us can see this second course change you keep going on about- maybe it's time to give that one up?

The usual suspects on your side of the isle have already injected race where it doesn't belong...

Are you going to excuse this fact somehow or condemn the usual racist suspects?
If you are replying to my post, trying to play a generic "race card" regarding the Dali hitting that pier, it isn't working. There is no race card to play.

1. Charlie Kirk is not a racist. He calls a spade a spade. When black repeat criminals who should be in prison are out still committing violent crimes Charlie Kirk will bitch about it and state the facts. That is NOT racism, that is stating facts. Your video whines a lot but does NOT show Charlie Kirk committing racism. The narrator just keep trying to play the race card. He should shove that race card up his ass.

2. There is no fact to excuse. There has not been any race injected into the FSK bridge disaster that I saw, or that you showed. There is no race card to play.

If you are replying to my post, trying to play a generic "race card" regarding the Dali hitting that pier, it isn't working. There is no race card to play.

1. Charlie Kirk is not a racist. He calls a spade a spade. When black repeat criminals who should be in prison are out still committing violent crimes Charlie Kirk will bitch about it and state the facts. That is NOT racism, that is stating facts. Your video whines a lot but does NOT show Charlie Kirk committing racism. The narrator just keep trying to play the race card. He should shove that race card up his ass.

2. There is no fact to excuse. There has not been any race injected into the FSK bridge disaster that I saw, or that you showed. There is no race card to play.
Charlie Kirk IS a racist and a fascist

Get real

I never claimed a grounding was suggested by anyone, I said it's possible. The ship draws 49'4" fully laden, and the channel is 50' deep at mean low water.

The ship was NOT fully laden, so it was not drawing it's full draft, but outside the shipping lanes, grounding is a definite possibility.

If the ship ran aground, it would have stopped drifting.

Forum List

Back