Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

If the ship ran aground, it would have stopped drifting.
Grounding a ship that size isn't an instantaneous thing as you should know. It could plow the bottom for a long ways before coming to a stop, especially since it's traveling roughly parallel to the channel.

I'm not saying it did, I'm not saying it didn't. I'm saying it's possible, given the ship's draft and the position in the channel.

Pointing me back to the same post does not prove your point. We have already seen that plot.

The AIS data does not reflect a single discrete course change- it shows a continuous turn, gradually going from a heading of 142 degrees to a final heading of 155 degrees, with a 1 or 2 degree change at each update.

Meaning the ship was a continuous turn, exactly what you would expect if the rudder was stuck in a slightly stbd. position.

The investigation isn't complete yet, so there's no reason to release their names. When NTSB has their final report ready, they'll release it here:

Look at the right side and you'll find "Docket." Click that link. That's where they'll have the report.
That could be over a year from now.

It appears the waterline hasn't changed, hopefully they can tow it in and unload with out any major issues.

No game, you keep saying there were 2 course changes, and the AIS data only shows one, at the point that the power was lost.

I have asked you for your evidence, and you can't provide any. None of the rest of us can see this second course change you keep going on about- maybe it's time to give that one up?
You are trying the old bullshit of “you see it wrong”
Incorrect
When the power comes back on the bow swings to the right. No illusion or other dismissive crap

Pointing me back to the same post does not prove your point. We have already seen that plot.

The AIS data does not reflect a single discrete course change- it shows a continuous turn, gradually going from a heading of 142 degrees to a final heading of 155 degrees, with a 1 or 2 degree change at each update.

Meaning the ship was a continuous turn, exactly what you would expect if the rudder was stuck in a slightly stbd. position.
Lots of electronics and mechanics were inoperative or inaccurate

The captain, in this case, is a white man, no talk of incompetence or DEI or any other such nonsense.

Everything being the same, but w/a Black captain, or woman captain, does anyone think it'd be the same response from the usual suspects?
There has been no mention of race or sex of the two MD licensed pilots that were in command of the ship when the blackout and subsequent collision occurred that I'm aware of, not that it really matters. If anyone makes a "big deal" over it, I'd consider that to be a personal problem of theirs, seeing as how MD pilots have strict licensing and educational requirements. They are the top few from the "cream of the crop".

• Pilots must serve a five-year apprenticeship before they become fully licensed. This is in addition to other training and education they must complete, including earning a bachelor’s degree from the U. S. Merchant Marine Academy or the other state maritime academies and experience on ships in other positions. Only a few of the hundreds of applicants for these apprenticeships are selected to participate in this five-year program.

The usual suspects on your side of the isle have already injected race where it doesn't belong...

Are you going to excuse this fact somehow or condemn the usual racist suspects?

Those "usual suspects" are getting a beatdown by those that know the facts and also from those that are fed up with conspiracies. The facts speak louder than anything the conspiracy idiots come up with. Their main goal is to get clicks so they get paid more money; they are never concerned with the facts and will say anything that gets attention. By sharing their links, you are giving them exactly what they want: attention.

That could be over a year from now.

It appears the waterline hasn't changed, hopefully they can tow it in and unload with out any major issues.
Last I heard locally, the plan is to get a temporary channel open for the cranes and barges contracted for the salvage work. Next after that is to clear the main channel and get the ship back to port. The ship has extensive structural damage. I don't know if Maersk has contracted another ship to come in and receive the cargo that is on Dali. That may be something they can do from the harbor while the channel is being cleared, not really sure what the plan is on that.

It’s bullshit to keep public in dark. We travel over that bridge and Bay bridge A Lot. It’s kinda ground zero around here and endless studying is Always for massaging.
NTSB isn't keeping the public in the dark. They have been releasing info. They're looking into what caused the mechanical failure of the ship's engines.

Last I heard locally, the plan is to get a temporary channel open for the cranes and barges contracted for the salvage work. Next after that is to clear the main channel and get the ship back to port. The ship has extensive structural damage. I don't know if Maersk has contracted another ship to come in and receive the cargo that is on Dali. That may be something they can do from the harbor while the channel is being cleared, not really sure what the plan is on that.
There have been some recent close up pics showing the bow missing a large portion. Hard to tell from what I've seen how deep the damage went. Once the structure starts being removed, we should get a pretty good view.

I see two distinct course changes to Starboard. The first not being particularly interesting but the other being suspicious. We'll have to disagree on that.

Lay a straight edge over the red line between the two course changes and you will find it to be as straight as an arrow. And then you will be able to see the course change at 1:26. (but who really cares about that one.

The second one, unexplained and in conjunction with the attack on Russia by the US and the Ukraine makes the second course change very suspicious.

Could the computer or programmable controller on the ship be hacked by somebody on shore or would they have to be on the ship at the time?

Here we have an engine failure and a course being set to take out a bridge in America that is going to take about 5 years to rebuild.

Just entertaining possibilities proactive to the investigations.

Lay a straight edge over the red line between the two course changes and you will find it to be as straight as an arrow. And then you will be able to see the course change at 1:26. (but who really cares about that one.

The second one, unexplained and in conjunction with the attack on Russia by the US and the Ukraine makes the second course change very suspicious.

Could the computer or programmable controller on the ship be hacked by somebody on shore or would they have to be on the ship at the time?

Here we have an engine failure and a course being set to take out a bridge in America that is going to take about 5 years to rebuild.

Just stop with the nonsense Ivan

Last edited:

I get what you're saying in thinking there were 2 course changes, but the facts show that there was only 1 - all due to the blackout. As far as someone hacking into the ship's computers, they had no power, so that didn't happen. All data (blackbox/recorders), crew and pilot interviews, MAYDAY call, and subsequent calls to the port/911 aligns and indicates a total blackout.

I get it - there are some people that think something nefarious had to have caused the ship to hit the bridge. Nobody wants to believe something like that can happen in today's world without human interference. Truth is, accidents happen all the time that aren't intentional or that are caused by mechanical failure. Engine parts wear out without warning in vechicles, lawn equipment, airplanes, hvac equipment, etc, so it isn't hard to imagine that the same happens to parts in a ship's engine. The timing in this case was just really, really bad.

I get what you're saying in thinking there were 2 course changes, but the facts show that there was only 1 - all due to the blackout. As far as someone hacking into the ship's computers, they had no power, so that didn't happen. All data (blackbox/recorders), crew and pilot interviews, MAYDAY call, and subsequent calls to the port/911 aligns and indicates a total blackout.
Lay a paper straight edge over the course, between 1:26 a.m. event and the large course change and you will see the former.
I get it - there are some people that think something nefarious had to have caused the ship to hit the bridge. Nobody wants to believe something like that can happen in today's world without human interference. Truth is, accidents happen all the time that aren't intentional or that are caused by mechanical failure. Engine parts wear out without warning in vechicles, lawn equipment, airplanes, hvac equipment, etc, so it isn't hard to imagine that the same happens to parts in a ship's engine. The timing in this case was just really, really bad.
The fact is that there appears to be more than on accident. The ship changed course to put it on a dead reckoning course to hit the most vulnerable structure.

All theories should be welcomed here.

As with your behaviour here on this topic, I'm not proclaiming anything.

In fact, my suspicions are being largely accepted by those who have a tantrum over the mere mention of foul play.

Lay a paper straight edge over the course, between 1:26 a.m. event and the large course change and you will see the former.

The fact is that there appears to be more than on accident. The ship changed course to put it on a dead reckoning course to hit the most vulnerable structure.

All theories should be welcomed here.

As with your behaviour here on this topic, I'm not proclaiming anything.

In fact, my suspicions are being largely accepted by those who have a tantrum over the mere mention of foul play.
You keep repeating yourself as if you love your own words

Repeating them doesn’t make them any truer

Tell your bullshit to Vlad

Lots of electronics and mechanics were inoperative or inaccurate
The 12v stuff apparently kept working. They had VHF, and the AIS transponder didn't have any gaps. The voice recorder kept going too, so maybe it was on the same power source.

Pocedures won't be changed to suit your recommendations beagle. They're designed to work most efficiently the way they are. There was no pilot error on the bridge.

It's turning out to be that the bridge lacked structures near or around the bridge's supports to prevent such accidents. That was the negligence that caused the catastrophe. That and the possibility of foul play by an enemy, which hasn't been determined yet.

The 5-10 degrees course change to starboard has not been answered to so far. That could be suspicious!
The starboard turn likely has a simple, innocent explanation. Navigating a channel or waterway requires constant course corrections; usually no more than 5 to 10 degrees port or starboard.

If the ship happened to lose the rudder while making a course correction to starboard, the rudder is then stuck in that configuration and the ship will simply continue the starboard turn by inertia.

Forum List

Back