Free George Zimmerman

Why are you saying attacked? Why not "stood his ground", when confronted by a man with a gun? It would seem he had a better justification on that score than Zimmerman.

You desperately want to believe that. Too bad the witness account is that Trayvon was the attacker. It amazes the great lies that people tell themselves to make a man out to be a murderer. Despicable.

Why are you saying attacked? Why not "stood his ground", when confronted by a man with a gun? It would seem he had a better justification on that score than Zimmerman.

You desperately want to believe that. Too bad the witness account is that Trayvon was the attacker. It amazes the great lies that people tell themselves to make a man out to be a murderer. Despicable.

How does the witness know it wasn't a response to being threatened with a gun? Seems like a perfect "stand your ground" defense, if it went the other way. If you have no real authority, have been advised not to follow someone, but do so anyway, who's the real agressor here and how can you not imagine that it was Trayvon in fear for his life?

How does the witness know it wasn't a response to being threatened with a gun? Seems like a perfect "stand your ground" defense, if it went the other way. If you have no real authority, have been advised not to follow someone, but do so anyway, who's the real agressor here and how can you not imagine that it was Trayvon in fear for his life?

The witness did not say that there was a struggle for a gun and I seriously doubt that that will be the case in the trial.

The eyewitness statements are always subjective, GG, and quite distrusted by prosecution and defense attorneys.

You are trying to pigeon hole a case that won't be corralled for some time.

Please let your prejudices go. You have no special knowledge or super power about this case.

Time will tell.

Dude. Its not hard to tell in a fight; who is getting their ass whooped and who is doing the ass whooping. Again, you are intentionally disregarding a cornerstone of evidence to fit your agenda (deuche).

Not in the 3rd person, in another place, relying on incomplete and perhaps inaccurate reports. I am reminding myself that we do not know the full story. And neither do you.

To insist you do is to insist that you are a dooche boy. :lol:

Trying the victim is despicable.

:confused:

That's what the defense has to do, and he's not necessarily the victim.

Last edited:
Liar.

And you have no way of knowing he wasn't committing a crime.

And the use of kid is disengenuous. His own mother called him a young man...

Sorry, at my age, a 17 year old is a kid. And, nope, he wasn't committing a crime. He was buying Skittles.

What's with the weird underlinging shit? That's kind of obsessive.

Joe you spread lies all over this board. Trayvon attacked George. If you're going to sanitize your arguments then there's no point dealing with you.

there's nothing clear about trayvon having attacked the man who was hunting him.

and if he did, wasn't he availing himself of the 'stand your ground' law?

you don't know.

so your insistence on a certain set of facts, before there's been a trial, clearly has it's basis in something that isn't based on the law.

but then again, having seen your posts, it's pretty clear what that is.

That's what the defense has to do, and he's not necisarily the victim.

Trayvon Martin was unarmed, involved in lawful activity and shot dead.

He's the victim. Doesn't matter if he tried to fight for his life or not.

Like Ron Goldman..who no one ever gave this sort of treatment to.

but an anonymous racist like TGG isn't the defense attorney. plus, you just can't throw mud at a victim b/c there is prejudice that would attach which outweighs the probative value. they would be allowed to talk only about what occurred THEN...

I doubt they'll be able to bring up the nonsense about him having tats and giving the finger to the camera on twitter...

neither of those things justifies someone being hunted down.

but an anonymous racist like TGG isn't the defense attorney. plus, you just can't throw mud at a victim b/c there is prejudice that would attach which outweighs the probative value. they would be allowed to talk only about what occurred THEN...

I doubt they'll be able to bring up the nonsense about him having tats and giving the finger to the camera on twitter...

Racist? Give me a break. That's a load of junk. But you're worse than a racist. You're willing to crucify an innocent man b/c you have some sort of political agenda.

Although not everyone that didn't think there should be a trial is racist. The important thing is that the people responsible with making the decision on a trial or not, made the decision, perhaps based on information we don't know yet.

Our justice system is not perfect, but it's the best in the world. No need to look at it with cynisim now, and there wasn't a need before he was arrested. Let's trust that he gets a fair trial, and ultimately hope for justice.

i think the people who are rabidly defending someone who hunted down a black kid are racist. i have no vested interest in a conviction. i do think, however, that the failure to properly investigate this and bring charges immediately tainted the case and anyone responsible for that failure should be removed from their jobs.

That said, i don't think they are going to get a conviction. I think that too much evidence was lost because of their failure to process zimmerman. they didn't even take his clothing. I also would have thought a lesser charge more appropriate. so does the special prosecutor know more?

we'll find out.

i also don't know if we have the "best" system in the world. we have a good system... flaws and all.

but the best? i wouldn't know. i have no experience with other countries legal systems.

There were many people, including myself, who didn't think there wasn't enough evidence out there for an indictment, and race was NOT a factor in coming to that conclusion. Having said that. The decision for a trial could have come based on evidence not available to the public yet, and was made by a person more qualified than me to make that judgement.

It does seem strange to me that it took so long for a arrest....A cynic could suggest it was motivated by politics. I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

It may be a cliche, to say we have the best justice system in world. I'm guilty as charged. No pun intended.

there wasn't evidence b/c the police didn't do their job.

i think that's the problem.

i don't think it's cliche... i think it's just something you say b/c you've heard it said. you don't know how the system is in the UK, in NZ, in Australia... and giving the continued problems in our system, i'd say we're good, and improving, and still need to always strive to do better.

if we were perfect, our death penalty wouldn't be unevenly enforced against black people.
if we were perfect, we wouldn't need the Innocence Project... if we were perfect, we wouldn't have situations like this one where a PD intentionally didn't do it's job.

ultimately, i think that's where the liability here will lie... in the failure to do even the basics that should have been done for any young man who was killed.

must be proven, right?

2^^^2
The police talked to Zimmerman for 5 hours on camera w/o giving him Miranda rights. I'd say they did their job. They just know self defense and/or lack of evidence when they see it. They weren't on a political witch hunt like you and that hag, Angela Corey.

Last edited:
i think the people who are rabidly defending someone who hunted down a black kid are racist. i have no vested interest in a conviction. i do think, however, that the failure to properly investigate this and bring charges immediately tainted the case and anyone responsible for that failure should be removed from their jobs.

That said, i don't think they are going to get a conviction. I think that too much evidence was lost because of their failure to process zimmerman. they didn't even take his clothing. I also would have thought a lesser charge more appropriate. so does the special prosecutor know more?

we'll find out.

i also don't know if we have the "best" system in the world. we have a good system... flaws and all.

but the best? i wouldn't know. i have no experience with other countries legal systems.

There were many people, including myself, who didn't think there wasn't enough evidence out there for an indictment, and race was NOT a factor in coming to that conclusion. Having said that. The decision for a trial could have come based on evidence not available to the public yet, and was made by a person more qualified than me to make that judgement.

It does seem strange to me that it took so long for a arrest....A cynic could suggest it was motivated by politics. I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

It may be a cliche, to say we have the best justice system in world. I'm guilty as charged. No pun intended.

there wasn't evidence b/c the police didn't do their job.

i think that's the problem.

i don't think it's cliche... i think it's just something you say b/c you've heard it said. you don't know how the system is in the UK, in NZ, in Australia... and giving the continued problems in our system, i'd say we're good, and improving, and still need to always strive to do better.

if we were perfect, our death penalty wouldn't be unevenly enforced against black people.if we were perfect, we wouldn't need the Innocence Project... if we were perfect, we wouldn't have situations like this one where a PD intentionally didn't do it's job.
ultimately, i think that's where the liability here will lie... in the failure to do even the basics that should have been done for any young man who was killed.
any evidence?

I don't think I said it was perfect BTW.

Trayvon Martin was unarmed, involved in lawful activity and shot dead.

He's the victim. Doesn't matter if he tried to fight for his life or not.

Like Ron Goldman..who no one ever gave this sort of treatment to.

Why do you want us to waste money on a trial?

Your mind is made up.

Last edited:
An unarmed man about his lawful business was shot to death.

Yeah, this has to go to trial.

An affidavit supporting an information does not contain information about any defenses. The proecution does not make the defense case for them. If both had guns and Martin shot and wounded Zimmerman there would not be a word of it in an affidavit supporting an information. So don't rely on the affidavit being a document purporting to be the entire facts of the case. It is the prosecution case, not the defense case. The affidavit might state that Zimmerman assumed Martin was a criminal and didn't belong in the gated communiity but these are not facts because they have not been proved at all. The gated community was only 47% white so it is not a fact at all that merely by being black, Martin didn't belong there.

Whatever is in the affidavit filed by the prosecution will have to be proved in court. It has not already been proved and are accepted facts.

Forum List

Back